“Amazing Resort!”

NIZUC Resort and Spa
Ranked #2 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The resort is beautiful. Walking in, instantly calms you from the hustle of the trip- you know you have entered paradise! Even though this place is gorgeous, the staff makes it even more welcoming. They treat everyone as if you are a celebrity. So attentive- from the moment you walk in, to the minute you leave. In particular, our butlers, Alfonso and Bernardo went above and beyond for our stay. They made sure we had everything we wanted, and were so professional, but yet made you feel like family! I cannot wait to come back. I hope the resort stays a quiet gem- I liked that the beach, pool and restaurants were not packed like the huge hotels. The rooms are clean, big and the bathroom is huge. Housekeeping does an excellent job with all the little touches- chocolates every night, little cards with meaningful quotes, etc. Ramona was my favorite restaurant. I'm a vegetarian, and each restaurant in the resort, made sure I was happy with each meal. The only 2 complaints I have are, you have to continuously sign in for the internet- such a pain, and the mosquitos are blood suckers- but the hotel does provide you with an all natural repellent. This is not a cheap place to stay, but you pay for what you get- everyone deserves to spoil themselves from time to time! This is not a party place- this is a place to come to relax and truly vacation. Love, love, love this place and it's employees!

Room Tip: Stayed in a ocean view room. It was nice, but don't plan on being out there at night unless you...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank PitBullMommy
Write a ReviewReviews (2,479)

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were at the Hotel for 6 nights on the second week of August.
We booked the master suite (4th floor) the room was great, the infinity pool and the view were amazing!
We were looking for a quite place to go and we only had 6 days, so we didn’t want to fly far, we live in Canada.

Our first option was the Banyan tree (at Mayakoba), where we were before in previous years (and had a good experience). My husband said lets try a different place, specially after he saw the pictures of the master suite bedroom.
I’m glad I agreed with him, I did not regret it at all, and I was very pleased that we choose Nizuc this time.

We travel a lot and we usually stay at 5 star hotels, we've been at the Dorchester in London, the Four Season in Bora Bora and many others and I have to say that at least "our" experience here was great!

We were with our two daughters (5 and 3 years old), and we all enjoyed the trip.

The girls adored the kid's club, Laura and Andrea were amazing with them! at the point that they only wanted to stay with them at the club. They took very good care of the girls, and everyday they have great ideas to entertain and stimulate them.
Thanks to them we were able to enjoy the adult’s only area, that has a magnificent view and is a great place to relax and forget about everything.
The hotel also has a gorgeous infinity swimming pool for everybody right beside the kids club! so we were able to leave the girls there but at the same time we were very close!
Perfect solution for families with little ones that like to be in good hotels that accept kids.

The hotel it self is amazing. I kind of feel somewhere in south east Asia but only 4 hours from home!

The only down side was all the weight I gain! they should declare illegal the way Chef Daniele cooks!!!!!!!!! You can feel the love and passion he has in his food, the way he respect the products he cooks with..........we just love it!
When you go to his restaurant you feel like if you are going to eat at a friend's home (one that really knows how to cook of course) he greets you at the table and makes you feel so welcome, he even cook special food for my foodie daughter! Who at age of 5 has already eaten at a Bocusse's restaurant and enjoyed escargots like an adult.
So my suggestion is .....don't let him cook again or better yet let him cook and get rid of the scales in the rooms!

Our butler most of the time was Bernardo, he was wonderful and really tried to make us feel really comfortable all the time. He also gave us a tour through all the different rooms when we ask for.

The Hotel it's not finished yet, but I think when they finish it will be the best at the Riviera Maya.
We tried almost everything, all the restaurants, room service, bars, Spa. The massages at the Spa were good, although I have to admit I liked it more at the Banyan tree. I cannot comment on the Spa, since it was not ready yet and it was temporarily located in one of the penthouse. So I will have to come back to see it.

So if you want an amazing hotel with amazing restaurants and service, you find it. Honestly there’s no need to go outside the hotel for food. All the restaurants are awesome (but go to the Italian first!!!), they even have a menu for baby food! I loved it! I used to travel with my own home made baby food, that I‘ve vacuum packed and froze before we travelled (I' know I'm a bit extreme).

Also I don't think is worth it to pay the "all inclusive "option they have as they don't really have the "whole menu" included in it. That's something they should review may be... In our case, we are not big drinkers, but we had our drinks in the swimming pool every day, we did all our meals at the hotel, and for the quality and service we received I don’t think we pay a lot and still much less than if we had opted for “all inclusive”

I will definitely go back and recommend the hotel to everybody. Specially families like us with kids, where you can relax having your kids next to you and have the choice to be in a second honeymoon!

Room Tip: Master suites are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank AnaGR4
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I just returned from a stay at the beautiful Nizuc hotel in Cancun. It's only 10 minutes from the airport but you feel like you are staying in the Riveria Maya area. It's quiet, beautiful, very cool pool and excellent restaurants! The food is quite expensive if you are not on the endless endulgance plan and if you are on the plan it does not include many of the best dishes, or best drinks. Be very careful or you will be very surprised when you check out! the Whale sharks are there till about Sept.15 so if you dare go on this excursion. It's a blast!!

Happy travels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 1shasta1
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very beautiful place with incredible, attentive service. We were there in August and after the weekend ended, there were minimal guests there, like we had the place to ourselves. The pools are beautiful, food is excellent, especially the seviche. By the ocean there are 2 private decks that we had no problem getting twice; like your own cabana without the huge upcharge or having to get up at 4 AM to reserve it. No worry about reserving beach or pool chairs here.
We did not do any outings, BUT...
The Jungle Cruises (an outing from Cancun harbor) anchor their boats for snorkeling by a reef just off the shore to the North of the resort by Club Med. We walked over there and snorkeled on our own, with life vests and noodles from the lifeguard. However, the current is strong going out, even though it is only about 50 feet off shore, so if you are going to do this, you need flippers to be able to swim against the waves.

Some down sides about the resort:
1. LOTS of bugs, as it is tropical and in the an area with a lot of vegetation. Mosquitos by the water and pool, even though they spray every night, and some HUGE grasshoppers landing on our balcony.
2. Water by the beach has lots of seaweed growing in it just offshore, so not too clear. I learned to look at different resorts using Google satellite maps, it is amazing what you can see with that; for instance compare the beach just North of Nizuc to the beach by the main part of Cancun. You can do this ANYWHERE that you plan to stay in the future.
3. Food is good and reasonable; drinks not very reasonable. We brought our own beer and wine.
4. No live music anywhere on the property at night. The music that they play by the pools and restaurants is very "new age" and gets somewhat monotonous.
5. The internet connection was very annoying, had to re-sign on innumerable times each day for the WIfi, so if you do a lot of work while there, it would bother you. If not, don't worry. However, the GM said they were working to fix it.

5  Thank illinibiker
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I am just leaving this beautiful resort. The service is top-notch, with everyone going out if their way to please you. The food was excellent. If you are looking to relax, sit by the pool or on the beach, this is the place for you. If you want nightlife, there isn't too much (which was fine by me).

The positives:
Wonderful beach and pool bar and food service. A couple of times, we went to the beach early and the staff were running over to set us up.

We did a romantic private dinner on the pier which was
incredible! Watching the sunset, listening to music, eating delicious food! Once in a lifetime experience.

Everyone (with the exception of the female grumpy breakfast buffet chef) were phenominal. They greeted you at every turn.

The restaurants were tasty. I looked forward to the varying presentation and menu. My favorite dish was Ni's peruvian pudding (delicious bread pudding).

The one area for improvement was communication. The spa isn't open until September (which we didn't know). We booked a treatment and spent 15 minutes wandering around to find the location (the 5th floor of an unmarked building). The massage was wonderful! Look forward to seeing the completed spa (full price treatment without any relaxing amenities was slightly disappointing).

The only other miscommunication was booking our private dinner. I sent an email 2 weeks ahead which was promptly answered and was to be sent on to someone else to help me. I never heard from that person so just booked it in my own through 'Suite Service'. At this high level place, was surprised by both of these issues, but I have faith they will work it all out.

If you want to unwind, relax, and be treated like royalty, this is the place to go!!

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank bluehon
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Had been to The Beloved in March with the kids and loved the property very much, When it came time to book a quick 3 night get away for the end of the summer we decided to go back to Cancun, Came across Nizuc Resort and Spa on Trip Advisor and it looked beautiful. We arrived Friday with our driver waiting at the airport a quick transfer to the Hotel and we arrived at an Architectural and Design marvel. Pictures don't even come close to all the incredible details at this resort, you just want to take it all home. Service is incredible here, From our Butler Sandra, Victor at the pool bar and Jimy at Indochine, and all the others from the beach lifeguards to pretty much everyone we encountered, They are humble and give a level of service not found at many places, there is absolute zero attitude like found at some other top resorts we have encountered. We had set up the Chef's Tasting Dinner on Sat night with Vincent Wallace, an amazing culinary experience and such a nice man. The food everywhere is incredible and the breakfast selection is best I have seen anywhere!!!!! This place is a must on anyones list of must visit. We were having our last drinks ( or so we thought) yesterday at the pool bar at around 11:45AM knowing we had the car service picking us up at 12:30pm when we decided this place is just too nice to leave so we called over Sandra our butler and she helped us make the arrangements to stay an extra day. Sad to leave today but know we will hopefully be back sooner than later.

Room Tip: We found that being in the main building added alot to the quality of the vacation The OceanSuite lo...
6  Thank Sanderk40
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I recently returned from a 12 day honeymoon at Nizuc. Everything was fantastic, and I can fully endorse all of the praise that has been heaped on this place so far. I had two main concerns about the hotel before the stay: 1) price of food/drinks, and 2) accessibility and cost of day trips and activities off of the resort. To 1), every restaurant is excellent and reasonably priced. This is not one of those resorts where you get a good room rate and then are required to spend a hundred dollars on food every day per person to survive. To 2), the expensive tours listed on their website were a little frightening, but I was happy to discover that the concierge will arrange any group tour you want, and at prices that were often lower than I could find online. Same goes for golf. And typically you will be picked up at the resort, even though it's off of the main hotel strip. In any case, cabs were always easy to arrange on days when we just wanted to go out and do our own thing.

Service at the resort is fantastic. Every interaction with every staff member was pleasant. We were particularly impressed by Raul (who is usually in the greeting/lobby area) and Alfredo (by the pool). Both were especially personable and overachieving.

Lastly, one of my favorite things about the resort is that the ocean just off the beach is very shallow. You can stand in clear water up to ~100 yards off the beach, and if you borrow the snorkeling gear, there are interesting fish to see out by the pier. This kind of beach, with shallow, warm, clear water, is exactly what I has hoping for. It feels very similar to the main Caribbean island beaches, and thankfully it's a much shorter trip from our home in California.

I highly recommend Nizuc! We can't wait to go back.

5  Thank Stephen B