Very beautiful place with incredible, attentive service. We were there in August and after the weekend ended, there were minimal guests there, like we had the place to ourselves. The pools are beautiful, food is excellent, especially the seviche. By the ocean there are 2 private decks that we had no problem getting twice; like your own cabana without the huge upcharge or having to get up at 4 AM to reserve it. No worry about reserving beach or pool chairs here.
We did not do any outings, BUT...
The Jungle Cruises (an outing from Cancun harbor) anchor their boats for snorkeling by a reef just off the shore to the North of the resort by Club Med. We walked over there and snorkeled on our own, with life vests and noodles from the lifeguard. However, the current is strong going out, even though it is only about 50 feet off shore, so if you are going to do this, you need flippers to be able to swim against the waves.
Some down sides about the resort:
1. LOTS of bugs, as it is tropical and in the an area with a lot of vegetation. Mosquitos by the water and pool, even though they spray every night, and some HUGE grasshoppers landing on our balcony.
2. Water by the beach has lots of seaweed growing in it just offshore, so not too clear. I learned to look at different resorts using Google satellite maps, it is amazing what you can see with that; for instance compare the beach just North of Nizuc to the beach by the main part of Cancun. You can do this ANYWHERE that you plan to stay in the future.
3. Food is good and reasonable; drinks not very reasonable. We brought our own beer and wine.
4. No live music anywhere on the property at night. The music that they play by the pools and restaurants is very "new age" and gets somewhat monotonous.
5. The internet connection was very annoying, had to re-sign on innumerable times each day for the WIfi, so if you do a lot of work while there, it would bother you. If not, don't worry. However, the GM said they were working to fix it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NIZUC Resort & Spa provides an escape like no other on Mexico’s stunning Caribbean coast. Offering subdued extravagance and an unsurpassed level of service, NIZUC is the ultimate place to take in the sun, sand, sea, and tranquility of one of the world’s most coveted destinations.The luxurious new resort is located at the gateway of the Riviera Maya in beautiful Punta Nizuc with two exclusive beaches, lavish spa, six gourmet restaurants, deluxe conference and events center, a kids club and sumptuous accommodations throughout its 274 private suites and villas. Harmoniously blending cutting-edge architectural design with barefoot luxury, the resort is the epitome of relaxed elegance. Positioned on a lush 29-acre nature preserve, NIZUC is surrounded by rich tropical foliage, a flourishing coral reef, and serene waterways that add to its mystic ambiance. A wide variety of outdoor activities on or near the resort include snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing, and world-class golfing.NIZUC is home to the region’s most distinguished dining with six gourmet restaurants ranging from contemporary Mexican to Asian and Mediterranean fare. All of NIZUC’s restaurants are open to both guests and visitors of the resort. At the heart of this exclusive resort is NIZUC SPA by ESPA, a 30,000 square foot wellness facility that features beachfront private treatment rooms, thermal experiences and a fitness center. A sanctuary for the senses, NIZUC SPA by ESPA offers one-of-a kind treatments inspired by ancient Mayan rituals. NIZUC Resort & Spa offers a world of luxury and sophistication that is redefining modern Mexican luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your NIZUC Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.