“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 180 Hotels in Cancun
Brooklyn, New York
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The way i found this place was through tripadvisor, and the only thing i can say is that it was 100% accurate. When we landed we were picked up in a luxury suv from the airport, though a bit pricey but was totally worth it not having to wait or find a random taxi. From the time we checked in until we checked out we were wined and dined and spoiled by the hotel staff. We were given a upgrade to a gorgeous villa with our private pool. The villa had a huge outdoor sitting area,outdoor rain shower a nice garden, an additional sitting area indoors to eat etc. The bedroom area was decorated as if it was straight out of a magazine.
The staff were exeptionaly nice, always coming over to make sure all is good, and to help us with anything. The actual resort is perfect if you are looking for a peaceful quite place where you can just relax and forget out about the outside world. We felt like we were in a dream throughout our entire vacation, and never wanted it to end.
To summarize i would give nizuc 5 stars all around, i highly recommend this resort to anyone looking for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Jacobe123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Nizuc for a week in June 2013 and absolutly loved everything about our stay. The location is out of the busy hotel zone of Cancun but only a 5-10 minute ride away. It was beautiful and so relaxing that we really wanted to stay longer. Our room 114 was beautiful the glass doors open the length of the room giving us a stunning view. The food at the resort was very tasty and room service was avalible 24 hours a day. The staff was friendly and helped with our every need. I have a special thanks to Aldo. He was helpful and courteous always a phone call away. Thank you Aldo!!! We hope to see you all again.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank ElishaS07
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I just celebrated a romantic 25th wedding anniversary at Nizuc. Pretty much everything written by others about is spot on. The place, the staff, the food and the location was magnificent. From the moment we arrived (actually even the interactions before arriving were solid) to the time of our departure we were treated like VIPs. I want to focus most of this review on tips for others to enjoy the experiences as much as we did.

THIRD NIGHTS A CHARM VS ALL INCLUSIVE
We opted for the Third Nights A Charm promotion they are running (basically a free night stay for every paid two nights, breakfast is included every day and everything else is a la carte). We did spend a lot on food and beverage, but the upside was that we were not limited at all in our selections, as we would have been had we opted for their All Inclusive package. Overall we sacrificed nothing and thought we came away with a better deal.

IPREFER
If you have (or sign up) for a iPrefer account prior to making your reservations they will give you a free room upgrade if available. iPrefer costs nothing to sign up and takes 2 minutes. No brainer.

ROMANTIC EXCLUSIVE DINNER
Amazing experience. You pay an incremental $100 (USD), plus your food and beverage, and they will set up the most amazing dinner a couple can have. We opted for ours on their private dock. Instead of merely selecting from a menu, ahead of our special night we met with the resort's executive chef to discuss our dinner desires. He asked about the types of foods we liked and then created a 100% custom 4 course dinner for us. The combination of venue, food and service that night was unbelievable. Truly worthy of a 25th wedding anniversary. If you plan to do this, pick your date and book it early! There is only 1 spot each night.

AIRPORT TRANSFER
Yes, its expensive - $150 (USD) for round-trip. Am sure you can get regular transportation for $50-60. But for us paying the extra amount was fine. It was 100% private van - my wife and I and the driver. Cold towels and water provided. I liked it. No hassle.

ROOM LOCATION
They have 10 ocean front suites that are pretty popular ... 5 on two floors. The tip here is to ask for the ones on the top floor as they have a better view, The ones on the floor below have a partially obstructed view due to the restaurant. We were initially given a first floor room - they thought we would enjoy the larger balcony - but asked them to move us after seeing our suite (which they did without hassle) .

BUTLER SERVICE
Leslie was our butler. What a wonderful person! She took care of us the entire time. Anything you needed, you told her and it happened. She even arranged to have our clothes unpacked for us which was a pleasant (and welcome) surprise.

ADULT ONLY POOL SERVICE
Hector became our go to person. Another amazing person. Great smile, sense of humor and all around awesome. He took care of us the night of our special dinner too. He even arranged to have a mini-lesson and tasting for us of the various tequilas poolside! Nice touch.

RESTAURANTS
We ate at Ramona. Not sure what your expectation of Mexican food is, but this was not the typical. It was super high end and a bit of fusion in my mind. Beyond yummy. Tip...dress a little more formal than resort wear if you opt to dine there ... no coat required for guys, but slacks seems more appropriate than shorts.

We also ate at Ni. Peruvian cuisine that was very tasty. Try the ceviche. My mouth waters writing about it.

We also ate at La Punta. Excellent food. You may read about mosquitos ... yes, you will have a few (not many) so do use bug spray (a bottle provided free of charge in your room btw) and you will be just fine. Daniel took care of us there and the chef Efraim (I am misspelling his name) was a rock star. On our last night he even prepared special meal for us - his own creation.

OTHER STAFF
A++ for everyone not mentioned by name. I tell you EVERYONE is top notch. I was curious as to how they do it. The secret - in part - was exhaustive training for the staff. Over 3 months of training before the resort opened and many are recruited from high end and boutique resorts such as the 4Seasons. In short, they take the best people and train then to a standard of excellence that is hard to match. They are owned by the Brisa Group .. cudos to how they do it!

CHICHEN ITZA TOUR (Mayan Ruins)
The resort has pretty expensive tours. 2 people can cost as much as $1000 (USD). What we did was find a competitor and then asked the hotel staff if they thought the competitor was reputable. They didn't quite match the competitor rate, but did bring down the standard rate a lot. So net, we did a day tour through the hotel and had a great time. It was 100% private. Our guide was Jaqueline and the driver was Marcos. Great people. Very knowledgeable and fun. Nice way to break up our stay at the resort as we stayed on property the rest of the time.

TIPS
They automatically add 15% service charge to all the food and beverage. They also then allow one to provide an additional tip on top of that amount. It seems they split the initial 15% among all the employees, but then the extra goes directly to the person that serves you. There is no obligation to do so, but we tipped extra the whole time, as the service was amazing.

Phew ... that was longest review I have ever written! But there was sooooo much good to write about! Hope to visit again soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank AmericanTraveler1987
Luanda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

It's quite new... Many areas need to be finished! But the service and care from the employees is great! ;) the pool is amazing. Kids club is good.
To go to cancun shopping and club area takes around 20 min.
Good to relax.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank lelisal
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Wow, the only thing wrong with this place is you won't want to ever stay anywhere else!
From check in to check out we we're blown away. Everything is brand new, beautiful and like something out of Architectural Digest. The minute we arrived we felt very special, as any guest of any hotel in the world should feel, but I didn't expect this amazing place to be in Cancun.

After arrival, we were given a tour of the property and then whisked away (by golf cart) to our ocean and mangrove, grove, view suite. The sounds: birds and gentle waves. We were then asked if we would like our bags unpacked by our butler, who would be at our disposal throughout our stay. Wow! Our suite was beautifully appointed with everything you could ask for so much so I wanted to decorate our en-suite exactly like it when I got home....if I lived in the home of my dreams that is!

Surrounding Area: If you're looking action, the bar scene and tons of tourists...this isn't the place for you. If you're looking for quiet inspiration, beautiful-peaceful surroundings and top notch accommodations...look no further! It's also quite safe with guards and high walls and is very quiet. The only thing we didn't like was they spray for mosquito's twice a day on the beach and all around the property. Other than that, try the adult pool for a wonderfully romantic experience and plan to just chill in your little oasis most of the time. Honestly, I didn't see anywhere in Cancun where I'd rather spend time & we felt like we we're some of the few people on the property making it feel like our own private compound. What luxurious feeling!

Snorkeling: we we're curious about the snorkeling. So, we took a short but sweet little tour around the bay with just one of the Lifeguards. The equipment was free and the water was pleasant, but there wasn't much to see & a downside was that the lagoon is very shallow and I was worried that the various coral species would scrape my belly while swimming around. The upside was that there are conk big shells on the sandy bottom you can take home if you find one:)

Dinning: Wow, wonderful chefs and great food at all 3 restaurants we tried. They even catered to my husbands vegan requirements impressing both he and I all 3 times we dined out!

Side Trips: Tulum and other areas with Mayan "ruins" will take a big portion of the day to visit, so plan accordingly. We just didn't have the time to see as much as we could have but we did swim with whale sharks, which was our big focus.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank married&inlove
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Beautiful hotel, gorgeous beach, breathtaking pool and perfect welcoming impeccable service - everything is truly top notch. You have your own butler all the time you are in the resort - 24/7. We've been to many 5 star hotels in the past - but this one is special. Highly recommend - will be coming here again, hopefully many times.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank lenax9
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband, myself and our toddler stayed at Nizuc for one full week. When searching for hotels, we looked for something in the same caliber as Capella Pedegral in Cabo San Lucas (just a closer flight since our little one was traveling with us). Nizuc fits the bill in many ways. As other reviewers mentioned, upon entering the resort, you are greeted by large gates that make a statement. You are shown to the lobby where you are offered a welcome refreshment and then you are whisked off to your room.

We were taken to our ocean view suite and to our dismay, the view was extremely disappointing. We are an easy going couple who don't like to make a fuss, but in this case, my husband and I had a hard time biting our tongues. The view was completely obstructed by the mangroves. We voiced our concerns to the butler and she, without hesitation, made a call and asked for our room to be moved to a better location. We were moved to another building and were completely satisfied. Sandra, the butler, set the stage for what would come as far as customer service was involved. She really stood out to my husband and I. A friendly welcoming personality...Nizuc is fortunate to have her.

The rooms/grounds are exceptional. As a designer, I was in awe of all of the decorating choices that went into this resort. A+ there. Every detail is meticulous and I took notice to each and every one.

The food we sampled was tasty. However, I felt the options were lacking. If you don't eat fish, you're in for some real trouble. And dining with children is challenging. Prices are doable. For a 5 star resort, Nizuc prices right. But don't expect to leave any meal (even a snack) under $40 dollars. My husband and my favorite meals were at breakfast. Very tasty Mexican dishes! Other meals that stood out - my husband loved the ceviche. Ni has some great options. Indochine, unfortunately, left us underwhelmed. A small gripe- it would be helpful having both US dollars and pesos on the menu and bills. I think we would have felt more comfortable knowing exactly how much we were spending rather than guesstimating.

The service was outstanding! It's almost too good. It can leave you feeling uncomfortable if you're not used to it. As others stated, many staff members know you and address you by name. A very nice touch. Everyone treated our son exceptionally well. We couldn't have been more appreciative of that. Some stand out staff members that come to mind (there were many) ...Alfredo (at the pool), Narcizco (breakfast), Sandra, Carlos (at the beach and pool getting towels and chairs prepared daily), the staff at the children's club (Nizuc...you are lucky to have these lovely ladies), Vincente (turn down service), and Eric (another butler at the resort). Really well done!

Were we satisfied? Absolutely! Was it at the level of Capella? Well yes and no. Let me tell you why. At Capella all suites and villas are located by the lobby and eating areas. At Nizuc many of the suites are located down the way which require golf cart transportation. While we enjoyed our rides and getting to know the staff, it could be bothersome at times. Many times we forgot to dial 0 and had to return to our suite (back up and down the elevator) to make the call. Often times we still had to wait 5 minutes after the call was made. Yes no big deal but I'm being overly picky based on the type of resort it is. A suggestion - maybe place a bench down by the pick up area so guests aren't just standing there waiting. We definitely preferred being closer to the lobby at Capella where we could come and go as we pleased. Another thing Capella did that Nizuc didn't was complimentary in suite snacks and treats at the pool. A small touch that made a lasting impression.

The other downside is distance to other activities. We felt sort of stuck at Nizuc. Of course we could have taken an excursion to the hotel zone, but for the cost we didn't think it was worth it. That can be a hit or miss for some.

Don't avoid coming due to construction. It is very much finished. There are places where construction is taking place and i guess that can be a downside for some. You DO see people working and Nizuc does have security everywhere. We did hear it off and on in our suite but that's because we were being overly cautious with our napping child. Had it been just my husband and I we probably wouldn't have minded.

Mosquitos do come out at night. Be ready. I can tell Nizuc is doing everything in their power to control and eliminate the problem. I know other members seemed concerned.

It was a lovely week that we will always cherish. I think Nizuc has a great future ahead of them and we're glad we got to experience it! You will feel like royalty here. If that's what you're looking for, book your trip now!

• Stayed July 2013