“Exceeds Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 180 Hotels in Cancun
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Exceeds Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The service is what you hear about most because it is exceptional. Everyone is at your beck and call constantly no matter the time or the request. You have a personal butler who will always be ready for your requests. The resort itself is pure luxury. The huge security gates, which are manned 24 hours, open slowly to reveal a pure oasis. The grounds are immaculate with care taken not to destroy the natural beauty of the plants and mangroves. I saw an iguana while walking the grounds. The finishes on the furnishings are all high end and comfortable. The color scheme is so relaxing and zen-like. There is an abundance of restaurants and bars to choose from. The food is excellent. There are two pools and two beaches. The main pool and beach has a swim up bar and infinity edge. The main beach is beautiful, calm and swimmable. The adult pool is my favorite. It also has an infinty edge with cool platforms inside the pool for sunbathing. Topless sunbathing and swimming is allowed there. The adult beach however is choppy and there is a large amount of seaweed. It felt like we were walking on grass while in the water. I will say that having a private pool really is all its cracked up to be and I recommend it highly for adults. The resort is so private and while there it feels so far away from the Hotel Zone but conveniently enough it is a very short ride away. The location is perfect for a quiet romantic getaway. If you want to party, the hotel staff can arrange that for you as well. They have luxury transportation available that will take you where you want to go and wait for you while you party then bring you back to the resort. Everything you need or want really is at your fingertips.

Room Tip: The Master Suite is the best room because it has the bedroom and bath closed off from the living are...
5 Thank KayP41

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My family and I spent 4 days at this beautiful hotel. The location is the best in Cancun since it is really a private oasis. The service was amazing but never annoying. All the staff really pampers you, but something I really appreciated was the staff working at the kid's club, Winik's... Pau, and Lau, are incredible and they really made my little boy, Sebastian, very happy. Thank you very much!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Astrid_Urrutia
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

(Let me start by saying that I am a Travel Agent)

We arrived at Nizuc very late on our first night. .

Our (hotel provided) transfer met us outside the customs area.

Located at Punta Nizuc you wont see (or hear) the neighbors.

From the moment you arrive at the majestic gates of the property, you immediately feel that you have been taken away from hustle and bustle of Cancun, and the neighboring Hotel Zone. The Grand Entrance/driveway gives the feeling that you are entering a Temple.

Even at 1030pm, everyone greeted us with warm and inviting smiles.

The Bellmen greeted us, by name, and welcomed us, and provides us a refreshing drink of cucumber and honey (- I'm sorry I cant remember the other ingredients ).

Upon completion of check in - our butler escorted us up to our beautiful Ocean view suite.

He let us know that everyone was at our service - 24hrs.

We entered our room, and on the table was a bottle of wine, a lovely fruit and cheese platter, and a "Feliz Cumpleanos" chocolate fudge cake (gift of the gods!!) We came to Nizuc to celebrate my fiance's 50th birthday.

After a day of work/travel we were hungry, so we had room service...while waiting a short time, we went onto our balcony and could hear the ocean washing up on the shores, the light winds whistling, and the smell the salty air...we knew we had arrived in Paradise.

Day 1
We woke up very early, since Cancun is Central time, we were able to see the break of dawn, enjoyed a coffee, from the Nespresso machine (in every room), and repaired ourselves for our day. We head out to breakfast at Cafe de la Playa, where we were greeted by Alejandra and Sarah from the Sales Department. We shared a lovely meal, and proceeded to Tour the beautiful grounds.

(So there are no surprises, everyone is advised ahead of time that the property is in "soft opening" - which means that some areas of the Resort are still a work in progress, however you will NEVER hear any construction going on in/near your room.). We toured every room category, from Garden Villa, to Penthouse. These ultra luxurious rooms, offer plunge pools, for those who don't wish to venture out. ( EVERYONE SHOULD VENTURE OUT!!!). The building where the Spa will be, is ENORMOUS. The Children's club is fantastic, they have their own pool, and care for your children (ages 2-12).
After our tour we opted to go to the Main pool.
As we arrived, we were again greeted by name, our chairs/umbrella were set up. There was another couple at the pool /swim-up bar, with us, who left shortly after we arrived. So there were 6 staff members to 4 guests. (and then it was just the 2 of us). We enjoyed frothy adult beverages (thank you Gabriel) and lovely lunch. I have seen so many reviews of the ceviche, but seriously, even if you don't like seafood...YOU MUST TRY IT! After hours of baking in the sun, (Ok maybe I'm lying a little bit, after hours of eating and drinking at the pool). We needed a nap, so we returned to our suite.
After an amazing nap in our enormous and extremely comfortable bed, we went to Dinner at Indochine, and enjoyed an amazing dinner on the Veranda, with views of the resort/ocean, and huge fire pits - with flames crackling in the the breeze, a perfect end to a perfect day.

Day 2

We enjoyed our breakfast at La Playa, we had Sweedish Couples Massage en Suite, by 2 petite (yet powerful) masseuses, after completion, we decided today was to be the lazy day...so we went back to the pool, drank some more (thank you Pepe!) We bonded with Pepe, and told him that we wanted to have some "not so healthy" foods, and he made arrangements for us to Lunch on Sunday (Day 3) at La Punta, but didn't eat too much this day. We knew we were going to La Punta (Steakhouse) for Dinner ( a lovely and private dinner.) To be honest, we were the only people there. We had Cajun Salmon, Fish Tacos, to start, then Rib Eye Steaks, that were better than we have here at home, (we are from NY - with that said...we have a couple of great Steak Houses here) The fresh flavors, of the steak, accompanied by potatoes with bacon and chives, AMAZING! Isaac tried to get us to have dessert, however, we were too full.

Day 3
This morning we had breakfast in our room, we knew we needed to detox (of sort) with all of the drinking, so we had breakfast smoothies, and fruits, and toast. We lounged on the pristine white sand beach, swam out out to the pier, and back, and it was Lunch time, we went to the Adults only pool, and relaxed with a drink. We knew that Pepe had a special lunch waiting for us, and he and Gabriel and Chef presented this HUGE amazing platter of seafood empanadas, flautas and baked and fried munchies...SOOOO GOOD!!!

We decided to venture outside the Resort, to see the Hotel Zone, as I stated above I am a travel agent, I wanted to explore hotel zone, and thought it would be a good idea to take a look around. It was a waste of time. There is no need to EVER leave the resort, unless of course you want to explore the Ruins. (then of course the Concierge can/will make those arrangements).

We didn't enjoy Day 3 (in the evening!) - we should have just stayed home at NIZUC!!!

We didn't have the opportunity to dine at Ramona's or at Ni... I guess we will just have to next time, on our next visit to Nizuc!

I know that not everyone needs/wants to see all of this information, but I needed to share it with you. I have never had a holiday where I felt like I was the most important person there! The fact that everyone could walk around in 80+ temps, and still have a smile, and not growl or scowl at having to be outside..Impressive. That everyone you meet, holds their hand to their heart, and welcomes you like family, Nizuc is a truly humbling experience, a spiritual retreat, a peaceful, calming and tranquil environment for Everyone!

Thank You Nizuc!

P.S. Before posting this message, I looked at Nizuc's page on TripAdvisor , and see that someone posted some negative things about this property. I can only assume by the verbiage, (via Translate), that this person is someone who would not know luxury, or first class service if it ran over them. Shocking that such an ugly review is placed on Nizuc's page....but have been written by their previous competition, because after you visit Nizuc...you will see that there is NO COMPETITION!!!

12 Thank Amira D
Cancun, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I want to start by saying I rarely and most definitely don't spend much time writing reviews. Occasionally I come across a gem of a place that just blows my mind and I feel it needs to be heard and seen by the world. Firstly I felt as if I was in my own private island . Its a bay so the water is calm and quiet. You don't see any other hotels as you would on the cancun strip. This is its own entity. A paradise within a paradise I would say. The food was the best I have ate in Cancun and or Mayan Riviera. I frequent many hotels like Ritz, Marriott, and a few five stars hotels in the Mayan Riviera. Nothing compares to this place. I wanted to stay forever. My 2 year old loooooved the kids club as it was plentiful and fun as well as the pool and nice calm beach area. EVerything is nice and simple and easily accessible. No long walks to and from anywhere. This is a classy high end boutique hotel. I would say anyone looking for a nice quiet relaxing beautiful vacation this is it. I also want to comment on how extraordinary the service is. So friendly and nice. I cant wait to go back!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank chloe400
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The Nizuc is a brand new resort. It's only been open one month. Because of the reviews here we choose to stay here when making last minute reservations. The Hotel exudes pure luxury! The hotel shuttle picked us up ($20/person) and we were wowed upon entering the lush exotic grounds. Everyone we met greeted us politely and bent over backwards to please us. The service was stellar and everyone was plain old nice! The rooms were beautiful, roomy and clean with private patios. Because the hotel is new they had very good deals and because it hasnt been discovered yet it was very very private. The restaurants were delicious and reasonably priced, and the infinity pools were gorgeous. The swim up bar was not only fun but again the staff made it special. This hotel earned the 5 stars I gave it.

Tip: if you do a day trip have the hotel pack you a lunch. This was our mistake. We ate away from the hotel and all of us ended up with montezuma's revenge. Live and learn!

Room Tip: The beds were great! Because of a great deal we splurged and stayed in the master suite. The ceiling...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank PsItravel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Nizuc for a few days in May to celebrate my 50-ish birthday. We're both well travelled and have stayed at a number of Luxe resorts in Cancun and Riviera Maya - But were not sure what to expect from Nizuc, as it's pretty new and unknown to us......

The resort exceeded our (lofty) expectations in almost every way! The service, the staff, the food, the rooms are all Aman-Quality and fantastic! Its the small things that impressed us the most - from always offering water with a choice of lemon/orange/cucumber slices...to use of local artists and local artifacts in the resort design, to the genuine friendliness of the staff who all knew our names :)

The Location (at the very beginning of the Cancun hotel zone) was very private, and you felt like you were in your own paradise.....but pretty close to the action in cancun..if you wanted to venture out! Also being 20mins from Cancun airport is a nice plus!

Obviously, as a brand-new property, they are still finalizing a few things (e.g the Spa wasn't open when we were there and the vegetation/foliage on part of the grounds are still being established) - but Nizuc is like a fine wine- already excellent and will get even better!

We'll be back soon!!

Room Tip: Get an ocean front room for the sunset views - apparently there are also villas with plunge pools an...
    • 4 of 5 stars
7 Thank Bryder1
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We spent 4 days at Nizuc and it was a great experience. Wonderful place to relax and eat great food.
The pools are great and the view from the room is incredible.
Everybody from the staff are very friendly, specially our butler that was very helpful and breakfast staff, which, by the way, was the best breakfast ever.
The only problem for me was the mosquitos at night, ever with repellent I had a problem, but my husband had no problems with that.
Worth the trip, would go back again and recommend to my friends.
Isabella and Joao Soares