“Nizuc, is an unforgettable, luxurious experience, a pure escapism” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of NIZUC Resort and Spa

NIZUC Resort and Spa
Ranked #2 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Los Angeles, California
“Nizuc, is an unforgettable, luxurious experience, a pure escapism”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I cannot say great enough things about Nizuc Resort & Spa in Punta Nizuc! It's a Mexican, architectural experience with a touch of Mayan flare you will never forget!

The hotel car service greeted us at the airport and drove us a quick 10 minute drive to the resort. This was a pleasant surprise seeing we were tired from our flight and we expected the drive to be much further similar to other luxury resorts in the area. This resort is in a great location! Upon our arrival, our butlers Alfonzo and Aldo greeted us with a welcome drink. They offered us unpacking services, and information and reservations on activities so we could begin enjoying our trip and planning our stay. We were treated like Royalty from the moment we arrived.

Each morning Ircerdo and Manola from room service brought us fresh green juice with breakfast while we dined on our personal deck overlooking the beach. It was a great way to begin our day on a healthy note! Our deck was very private so if that is what you desire, this place is perfect.

We spent one of our days at Nizuc's private beach. The food and beverage service was available on the beach and the food was far better than anything I've ever ordered at any hotel pool. Not to mention the service was speedy so we never had to wait for long for our food and drinks. The hotels staff (lifeguard I forgot his name) brought us paddle boards and offered us lessons right on the spot. They made it so convenient! The resort is located at the gateway of the Riveria Maya, so paddle boarding and water sports are ideal as the waves are not crashing down. This beach is very swimmable.

The property is far more beautiful than the pictures I'm posting here. Nizuc's staff exceeded my American expectations with their local hospitality and they went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. I'm already planning our next trip back!

If unique, romantic dinning experiences are what you desire, the resort offers a private dock you can reserve for dinners over the water. I wish we would have had time to do this, it looked unforgettable!

I didn't travel with my 2 year old on this trip but will bring him next time because they have an amazing kids club. They have their own kids pool and offer activities such as music, dance and cooking classes just to name a few. I know my son would be safe, entertained and have fun while on vacation.

Although we didn't use it, the resort will offer an upscale convention center with floor to ceiling windows and an ocean view! We are considering this for our destination wedding as it is an ideal location!

4 Thank StephanieKBaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We just stayed 4 nights at Nicuz and had the best vacation. The resort is beautiful. Very modern feel and I loved the reclaimed wood decor. When we arrived, we were greeted from our cab and called by name by the staff. They continued to call us by our name throughout our stay. I have no idea how they remembered. The room we had was very spacious with a balcony overlooking a big pool with trees that is right off the lobby. Amazing view of the sunset. we had a butler, Alfonso, that was so attentive to our needs and personable. The room was very comfortable and luxurious from the linens to the towels and robes. We didn't ned to leave the resort. We ate at all the restaurants. One standout was Indochine. Joel, the restaurant manager was great and made us feel very special. Even the pools and beach was amazing. Very relaxing, great drinks. Very attentive staff at the pool/beach. Hector, Enrique, and Jemina to name a few of the outstanding staff. The resort and spa are still under construction but that didn't bother our stay. I can't wait to go back and see what the entire grounds will look like when it's done. We did get a sneak peak of some of the rooms in the towers with pools and hot tubs on the balconies. Amazing! The spa is in a temporary location but still very nice. Will be even better when it is completed. Don't let the construction stop you from going.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Mr Louis Daniel GM and Ms Maria Elana with their years of experience and their following of top chefs from around the world as well as a following of other experanced staff members make the resort beyond excellent !!!
We will return again and again.

Richard and Barbara Rubens
New York

• Stayed April 2013
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We spent 5 days at this mystical one of a kind experience. This newly constructed boutique hotel is an architectural wonder and an interior design masterpiece. The 4 elements are combined to create a sense of well being and an appreciation for Mother Nature. Every view is breathtaking. The Hotel is in its completion stage and the spa should be ready in a few months but there is a brand new fitness center suite with a small lap pool on the other side of treatment center. we had massages that were best we'd ever received in our years of getting weekly massages back in LA. The staff is polished and takes a personal pride in making sure you are comfortable. The cuisine is prepared by French and Spanish chefs. Every meal was absolutely wonderful! Definitely have breakfast on your deck. The rooms are large open and airy. The linens, beds, robes, toiletries were of impeccable quality. I have already planned our return. Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: Every single room has an Ocean front view. All are quiet because the pools are to the east side of...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Saundra G
Marlboro, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I were completely amazed on how beautiful this resort was. This resort was more like a Zen retreat. Nothing like I have ever seen before. The rooms were so spacious, and the linens were so luxurious. I had to purchase the robe for I have never felt anything so soft. The service was incredible. The staff could not do enough for you. They treated us like we were royalty. Our butler, Sandra was wonderful to say the least. She was of the quality that this resort should be proud of. Her smile lightened up our day. Alfonso is also a great asset to this resort. He was so friendly and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. The choice and quality of food was off the chart and delicious. I would give this resort 10 stars. The best in Mexico.
Ralph and Lori-Ann

1 Thank Lori-Ann F
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Nizuc takes everything to the next level. From the grounds to the food, everything here is exceptional. I came here with family and we were blown away by how great this place is. The black pool, beach, and views from the ocean front rooms make for wonderful aesthetics. The room itself is equally beautiful-spacious and tranquil with a rain shower.

Also, the food (my favorite part) was awesome. Indochine was the best restaurant I've eaten at in recent memory--absolutely on point. I am still dreaming about that lamb biryana and fried grouper. I keep saying to people, "let's go to Indochine for dinner" and then remember I'm back in the states. Tragic. Punta Grill and brunch are also very good--so much variety. Another great thing about all of the restos? They all have outdoor seating with a view of the ocean or the reflecting pool. Yes and yes.

The most memorable part, though, is the staff. Everyone at Nizuc is so wonderful and kind. They will actually surprise you with how accommodating they are, leaving you in doubt of what you've just heard, "wait, what? I can really have/do that?" If you live on the east coast, you've forgotten people this kind even exist, but at Nizuc they definitely do. I can't say enough about the staff, I was actually choked up to say goodbye to many of them.

If I could live here, I would. Coup de foudre.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ehub
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Let me start by saying that I'm trying to review this for the use of future guests, so I'm overlooking some initial teething problems to focus on the bigger picture. To be clear, those teething problems were minimal (and mainly around the initial lack of communication), so I certainly wouldn't cancel any imminent bookings you have - it is soooo worth sticking with Nizuc as the building work is miles away from the main area and really won't affect your vacation in any meaningful way.

My wife and I stayed for 8 nights in an Ocean Suite room on the second floor. The design of the hotel is beautiful, from the serene reflecting ponds to the breathtaking main infinity pool, although a couple of the buildings are a bit brutalist/stark against the beautiful beach foreground. That effect will reduce as the recently planted flora establishes more.

Room - Our Ocean Suite room was a very good size, with beautiful view over the beach & mangrove. Bed was super-comfortable, bathroom exquisite and everything you would expect to be provided was there (eg beach bags, bath robes, umbrellas etc)

Restaurants/bars - the food/drink is amazing, without exception. We only ate outside of the hotel once, so we were able to try pretty much everything including room service. Our favourite restaurant was Indochine, which covers a variety of Asian cuisine (Sushi, Malaysian, Chinese etc) and does them very, very well. Ni (Peruvian, lunch) was also excellent - you really can't leave without trying the cerviche there! The Grill and Ramona were also great, and we were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the in-room menu. One thing I would say is that there wasn't much choice for a vegetarian. They could do with adding a couple of veggie things to each menu, but that said the restaurants were generally able to create something suitably tasty (but small) on the fly when asked. My wife is pregnant so bar time was limited, but we really loved the Havana bar and the cocktails by the pool were delicious.

Beach/Sea - The location is very secluded, both from people and from the elements. I understand all the beaches in Mexico are public, but we didn't see anyone at all who wasn't staying at the hotel. Even on quite windy days the sea was calm, great for swimming, and the beach was beautifully pristine. The sea floor has a little clay in places and some sea grass, but it seems to be one of the nicest stretches of beach in the area.

Service - The staff are really excellent, nothing is too much for them. We particularly loved our butler, Sandra, but really everyone was great and gladly gave us tips on good places to go. One thing I would say is that it can be a little overpowering at times (eg table starts to be cleared before everyone's finished eating, and interruptions during meals are a bit too frequent) but I think that was a function of the lack of guests when we were there, and will sort itself out as they get busier.

Overall, this was definitely the nicest hotel we've stayed in (compared to hotels like Shangri-La, Mandarin Oriental, but we haven't been to the likes of Aman), and we would absolutely LOVE to come back in a year or so when everything's finished.

• 4 of 5 bubbles