“Menus have some English. Huge Servings - You Go FODORS!!!”
Review of Hanaichi

Hanaichi
Ranked #107 of 995 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This place really is great and you can get by just fine without Spanish or Japanese. The servings were about 3 times the size of what we're used to in the states and all the food was delicious. Fodor's was right to give it a good rating - we're very picky eaters and have no complaints about Hanaichi, which is right down the street from our Riu Palace Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Hanaichi

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The atmosphere and the food at hanaichi was very authentic Japanese to me. I had the Kaizen triple fish-don (sashimi) and the tuna-avocado salad. I enjoyed it very much. The Rice was great: fluffy and a bit sour, like sushi rice has to be.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I learned about this restaurant in Fodor's guide and search for it through Tripadvisor and was surprised by how little reviews it had. Despite that I still wanted to eat there because it has the one thing I desired but is so difficult to find anywhere outside a special request from the chef: lobster sashimi. If you've only had lobster cooked then my friend, you are truly missing out on a heavenly experience. Lobster has such a wonderfully sweet taste and springy yet tender texture. The delicate flavor just melts in your mouth and leaves you wondering how you can eat lobster any other way. Since I wasn't going to be back in Cancun in the near future I decided to go for the langosta gozen (or lobster 5-course). It was a bit pricey but not much more so than other Japanese sushi restaurants I've been to, especially not with fish this fresh. Word of warning, the staff only speaks Japanese or Spanish, very little English gets spoken here. The clientele is mostly Japanese so we knew it was going to be good. I think on their webpage they ask for a heads up if you're going to order the langosta gozen so we just had our concierge take care of that for us. If you feel like leaving the hotel or resort and end up here, I recommend eating on the second floor, you'll get a nice view.

1  Thank Jannet F
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Since I have lived in Japan I liked the variety of authentic dishes on the menu. Unfortunately what I ate here made me sick that night and the next day. I spend a lot of time in Mexico and eat at a lot of different types of food places in different cities, and I have not gotten sick in Mexico for 30 years until I ate at this restaurant. So be really careful what you eat if you go here.

2  Thank Antarctix7
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Enjoy a bit of japan.
Great service in a friendly atmosphere.
Food and dishes are top quality.
You will repeat.