“Love the Gecko”

Blue Gecko Cantina
Ranked #33 of 946 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary, Mexican, Latin, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Blue Gecko Cantina is a fun filled atmosphere providing excellent quality food for a very reasonable price. No black ties or white table cloths here!
“Love the Gecko”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

On our 7day holiday in Cancun we visited this tiny little bar/restaurant 3 times for lunch and early dinners. After reading some favorable reviews on TA we gave it a try. This place was just about 1 block from our resort so it was easy access. Amazing fish tacos and Cancun Shrimp tacos at a great value.Emmy our waitress was bubbly and full of personality, she made each of our visit entertaining and delightful. Can't wait to get some more of that Hurricane Fish Taco..

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Renee L

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Representing Texas well”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great food, big tacos, friendly staff, and cheap. Go around the back and get a view of the bay. Amazing...

1 Thank Tubebum
Port Arthur, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our meals eaten at this establishment. Everything we ordered was fantastic. Staff is very friendly and understand English. Thanks again.

1 Thank John Lee S
Fort Worth, Texas
“Cozy Cantina we loved!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband & I met two friends who were also in Cancun at the Blue Gecko and loved it! It was just a short cab ride away from our hotel and we really enjoyed ourselves. My husband & I shared a bucket of ice cold beer before our friends arrived. The Blue Gecko was a small bar with seating for probably around 15 or so people (which we like a smaller, intimate setting). The service was great and we really liked our server. Once our friends arrived, they ordered some fun, fruity drinks and food. The guacamole & salsa were both amazing! Our friends got some other appetizers that also looked delicious. We had cherry flavored jello shots that were large, but not slap you in the face strong (they definitely contributed to my buzz though...) After we finished our beers, my husband got a regular mojito & I got a strawberry mojito that was probably one of the best drinks I've ever had! We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Blue Gecko and will return for sure!!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mbishop23
Brooklyn, New York
“Authentic Mexican Tacos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Me and 9 of my girl friends ate and drank here while on a bachelorette party in Cancun. Although the place is small they accommodated our large party right away and made it very fun! Our bachelorette was dancing on the table with a shot of tequila before our meal was through. The guacamole was out of this world. Our waitress Emmy was great! She was lots of fun and helped recommend some of the best (and BIGGEST) fish tacos I have ever eaten (and I consider myself to be somewhat of a taco connoisseur). The margaritas were delicious and we had a blast! It was nice to get off of our resort and experience some authentic Mexican cuisine. I will absolutely recommend Blue Gecko to anyone visiting Cancun, Mexico!

1 Thank wendyrazz