“OMG! Still dreaming about this place!”
Review of Blue Gecko Cantina

Blue Gecko Cantina
Ranked #34 of 970 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Blue Gecko Cantina is a fun filled atmosphere providing excellent quality food for a very reasonable price. No black ties or white table cloths here!
Glendale, AZ
“OMG! Still dreaming about this place!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were on a mission to eat a lot of tacos in Cancun and this place was by far our favorite! The other reviews were spot on in terms if what you can expect. The food was more gourmet than many of the other places we visited, but the price was still reasonable. I ordered a chicken taco and was surprised at how large and filling it was. The flavor was awesome! My husband had the steak quesadilla, which was also pretty big and delicious. We ended up staying for a long time because we were stuffed but we wanted to try one more item...the Texas Taco. This taco was like nothing I've ever had before! It was amazing! It reminded me of a gourmet version of the Jack in the Box taco (if you know what those are like). I wish we would have eaten here on the 1st day of our trip not the last, because I would have gone back again. :)

1 Thank ginbug6117

Cochrane, Canada
“YUM”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This place was so fun and so good. A great get away from the bad resort food all week :) i got the texas taco! We stayed there for a good hour because there is also free wifi!

1 Thank Jamie S
Los Angeles, California
“Delishes low key place”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Had read reviews about this lil shaq and had to try it for myself.. Went there for lunch, Lucky for me it was across the st from my hotel. Food was delishes! Had the Chipotle shrimp taco, yummy! and my boyfriend had the grilled steak quesadilla, that was also very good. We both shared the chips and guacamole and it was very good as well. Drinks were very good, They served my favorite drink , Mojito, Hit the spot! I would definately come here again. Very nice low key place with decent prices raging from$ 5.50 to $13.00 us dollars.

1 Thank 70luvtotravel
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Quality & Delicious!!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

In case you dont want to read the novel, here it is in short: you.must.go. Great food! Great and friendly customer service! Great atmosphere! +free wifi (which is a great bonus in Mexico for some)... and I'm a somewhat picky eater ;)

My friend and I stumbled over Blue Gecko one afternoon after we got of a bus outside our hotel where we were staying in Cancun. We were quite hungry and had the free 'food' from our resort strong in in our sights when a friendly Texan guy started up a convo eventually inviting us in to give his restaurant a go- he said we wouldn't be disappointed... and we weren't!

At first we were a little sceptical as we had been eating at our hotel since we got there, but It looked like quite a funky little shack so we decided to give him a chance... BOY am I glad we did!

We ordered the Strawberry Margaritas (which were great value for the cost) as they were more like 3 drinks in one and still tasted DELICIOUS! We also had the Chicken Quesadilla - which is by far THE BEST quesadilla I've ever eaten in my life (and let me just tell you I love quesadillas and have eaten them all around the world). This was the best one by far!

It was a calm and very chilled out atmosphere, where we just relaxed and ate our food after a long day of snorkerling and we were able to sit using the wifi for as long as we wanted without feeling pressured to move on... which of course led to more margaritas!

The only thing that eventually made us leave was the massive thunderstorm rolling in overhead and just like the owner said before came in, we would be back!

After this we becoming somewhat regulars at the blue gecko during our stay in Cancun, we went on to try other dishes like the texas taco, which also blew our minds. The consistency in food and service was fantastic and we went back many time. We even visited on the last day to get our last blue gecko fix in, as we were never to know when we would be able to return to Mexico again!

A MUST!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food-Great prices!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We so enjoyed this place! We were in Cancun for medical reasons so were there for three weeks. After we discovered the Blue Gecko we went back 3 more times. The Spicy Salmon and fiery Fish tacos were amazing and my 6 year old loved the sliders. We also loved that we could all eat for under $30 USD.

1 Thank bookwormmommy