“woww”

Les Cepages Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 1,144 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Enjoy at Les Cépages Restaurant a delicious "Foie-Gras Torchon". It will be a pleasure serving you.Best Wishes,Chef Sal
Reviewed October 3, 2014

this restaurant is hidden in Cancun city but has one of the best chefs in town!
It is worth it to ride to the city and have the experience of a great meal!

Les Cépages R, Owner at Les Cepages Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2014

Dear Mr. lolasg:

Thank you for your visit and coments. They are very important for us. Help us to improve day by day and become a restaurant of excellence. Hope to see you soon in a near future. It will be a pleasure serving you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 7, 2014

Top Food quality, we were a table of four and celebrating a visit of high school old friend ship and wanted to experience a good reputation restaurant, in this case all went perfect, the quality was amazing I did try a Brie salad and was very well prepared, follow by the Lamb Shops with mint sauce, cook to perfection, desert a tart Tatin also great quality, I did congratulate the chef Mr Salvador Luna with all due respect one of the most talented Mexican Chefs I have seen in Cancun, he has a very impressive professional back ground having work in France for a Michelin 3 start restaurant and attended The Culinary Institute of america in NY. I really recommend this restaurant.
The wine we tried was a Chiliean Cabernet Sauvignon Los Vascos great wine as well.

2  Thank hernan1952LosCabosMX
Les Cépages R, Owner at Les Cepages Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2014

Dear Mr. hernan1952LosCabosMX:

Thank you for your visit and comments. It is our commitment to achieve 100% customer satifaction, Your words motivate us to keep on going, It was a pleasure serving you, Hope to see you soon in a near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My group of four dined at Les Cepages on Friday July 18 2014 and I must say that we were all very impressed not only with the food but with the service as well.

We came from the hotel zone (km 10.5) for a 7pm reservation. I emailed them from the reservation page on their website earlier in the day and received a confirmation within 30 minutes. Taxi ride took a solid 30 minutes and the restaurant itself is tucked away in a strip mall shopping center. Don't let that fool you, the interior is simple but nicely decorated with a good vibe. Our server was Raul and he was great from start to finish; very polite, friendly, and professional.

We had several dishes to start with, including the fois gras torchon (very good), the seafood salad (delicious and a hearty portion), the brie salad with apples (very good), and the house cured salmon gravlax (delicious!). The plating presentation was very nice and we thoroughly cleaned our plates.

As entree's we were all craving a good piece of meat so 3 of us had the filet mignon and I had the lamb chops. Everything was cooked precisely how we asked for it and presented beautifully. The portions were again quite hardy (a surprise for a French restaurant) and so very good. We love Mexico and all their food but sometimes you crave something else, and Les Cepages certainly fits that bill :)

To wash all of this delicious food down we had a bottle of champagne and a Chilean cabernet. We were so full from the first and second course (and the freshly baked bread) that we ended up sharing a couple desserts, the tart tatin and the poached pear. Again, everything was very good and beautifully presented.

So to wrap things up, if you are in the mood for a great meal that really stands out I would highly recommend trying Les Cepages. Yes, it's a bit far from the hotel zone and it isn't exactly the cheapest meal you can have in Cancun, but boy is it delicious. Raul treated us very well and we are thankful to him and Chef Sal for making our night out one to remember :)

3  Thank RRicci82
Les Cépages R, Owner at Les Cepages Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Mr. RRicci82:

Thank you for a great review. It is rewarding and motivate us to keep on going. Thank you for appreciating our work. We hope to see you soon in a near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Based on the excellent reviews Les Cepages garnered on TripAdvsior, I booked reservations on-line a few weeks in advance of our trip to Cancun. Our reservation request was promptly confirmed via email from the Owner/Chef Luna himself the next day, and again the day prior to our dinner, so I had no worries that the place was closed (it's happened to us before), or that our reservation had been misplaced.

The night of our dinner, there were heavy downpours, so we opted to take a taxi instead of navigating the bus system. We were staying at the Royal Cancun, which is located on the north shore of the peninsula - the price of the ride was approximately $14 USD for both of us from the resort to the restaurant and took about 25 minutes in heavy traffic.

THE ATMOSPHERE

Upon entering the restaurant, which is located in the Nichupte Plaza in downtown Cancun, we were greeted by name (nice!) by the Owner/Chef Salvador Luna Barra. This is an intimate space, I think I counted 8 tables inside with some additional seating outside. The restroom facilities are up a flight of stairs, so if mobility is a problem, bear that in mind. This is a very upscale space, with high ceilings, large windows (partially frosted for the diners' privacy), the tables classically set with white linen tablecloths and sparkling glassware and utensils. A Billie Holiday CD was playing throughout most of our meal, which set the mood nicely.

The menu was easy to read, written in both Spanish and English. While perusing the many delicious-sounding appetizers and entrees, we were asked if we wanted something to drink. We ordered two glasses of the house red, and were offered a choice of three - again, a very nice touch. We chose a Pinot Noir, which was excellent, and were served a very generous portion.

THE FOOD

A complimentary amuse-bouche in the form of two tender asparagus spears enveloped in a Chiahuahua cheese sauce was served first - and it was a perfect start to the meal.

For our appetizer, we had the Salade au Portobello Roti - a thyme roasted Portobello mushroom served with goat cheese and mixed salad greens with a Balsamic reduction. It was plenty for two people and we both loved the way the flavors of the ingredients complemented each other.

For our entrees, my husband had the Langouste Caraibe Pochee, Beurre Blanc a la Vanilla - a caribbean spiny lobster poached in a vanilla butter sauce and I chose the Filet Mignon du Boeuf Poele, jus de Truffe - the filet mignon served with a truffle mushroom sauce. One of us usually orders seafood and the other a meat dish and then split our entrees to enjoy a "surf and turf" experience.

My steak was perfectly cooked, tender, flavorful and the truffle sauce was so good, I wanted to lick the plate. My husband's lobster was excellent as well, and the vanilla-butter sauce? My oh my - we live in New England and eat lobster frequently, and this vanilla infused butter sauce highlighted the sweetness of the lobster like nothing I've eaten before. Thankfully, Chef Luna was willing to share the basic recipe with me - yay!

Accompanying my steak was a potato/cheese layered side dish, again delicious and perfectly suited to the beef. My husband's lobster was placed on a bed of rice, flavored with that wonderful sauce.

After dinner we both had lattes, and ordered the chocolate souffle for desert. An absolutely perfect end to a perfect meal. Then, just when we thought it was over, out came complimentary chocolate truffles rolled in cocoa powder.

THE SERVICE

Our server was attentive without being intrusive, she was genuinely interested in our satisfaction with our food and was sincere and sweet. Our water glasses were promptly refilled, our used utensils were taken away and replaced with clean ones - you don't have to "save" your fork and knife in this restaurant! She even offered to call the taxi company for us when we were getting ready to go. The Owner/Chef was remarkable. He was genuinely happy to welcome us to his restaurant, and was available to us throughout the meal. He even walked us out the door and opened the taxi door for me! Can you imagine that happening in New York City?

THE BOTTOM LINE

The entire meal, with tip included, cost $115. If you want excellent food, in an upscale, intimate environment, with impeccable service, at a more than reasonable price - Les Cepages is the place.

6  Thank CinCity01075
Les Cépages R, Owner at Les Cepages Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Mr nad Mrs. CinCity01075:

Thank you for your visit at Les Cépages. We are glad you had a good experience with us. Thank you for your review is very informative and motivate us to keep on going. We hope to see you soon in a near future.

Greetings,

Reviewed June 2, 2014

As everyone already knows, the food is excellent. My wife and I ordered two appetizers and two entrees.

But here is where I was blown away. After finishing our dinner, Chef Sal offered to call a taxi for us or take us to the bus station. I didn't want to take him away from his work so we decided to have his waitstaff call the cab. Well, because of the pouring rain, the cabbie was a no show. Chef Sal offered again to take us.

Instead of dropping us off at the bus stop, Sal drove us to our hotel, which was 10 minutes away. The man is truly generous and a stand up guy. We were thoroughly appreciative for saving us from the pouring rain. We offered to pay him numerous times, but he declined.

I'm very glad I ate there as one doesn't come across food or people like Sal every day.

2  Thank Yuriy V

Dear Mr. Yuriy:

Thank you for your visit at Les Cépages Restaurant. It was a pleasure serving you. We hope to see you soon in a near future.

Greetings,