“A must try on your next trip to cancun!”

Les Cepages Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 1,031 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Enjoy at Les Cépages Restaurant a delicious "Foie-Gras Torchon". It will be a pleasure serving you.Best Wishes,Chef Sal
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Yes it's off the beaten track. Yes it's in a strip mall. BUT...BUT...BUT - you have to try it! Raul (the waiter) is awesome. He is extremely attentive and will do anything you ask of him. The kitchen is very accommodating and will adjust things as necessary. And the food...oh the food. Excellently prepared food in all 4 courses. I had the duck- she had the "fish of the day" (that the chef caught himself earlier that day). Both were excellent and served in a timely fashion. Towards desert, the chef came our to say hello- a very nice touch! We will be back soon.....

2  Thank Tastebuds1012
Les Cépages R, Manager at Les Cepages Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Mr. Tastebuds1012:

Thank you for dinning at Les Cépages and for your motivational review. It was a pleasure serving you. Hope to see you soon.

Best Wishes,

Chef Sal and Staff

Reviewed February 7, 2014

My friend and I decided to venture out of the Hotel area of Cancun and go to a restaurant near downtown. Located in an unassuming strip mall, Les Cepages is a delightful French cuisine restaurant that serves extremely high-quality food. The restaurant is small but well designed. My friend and I ordered some very delicious appetizers - the salmon and the seafood platter - which were very well sized (I would recommend 2 people split an appetizer) and were unbelievably good. I've found that seafood is the genre of choice for Cancun.

Nonetheless I tried the duck for my main and my friend got the quail. I think the quail was slightly better, but both were perfectly prepared and left both of us very satisfied. Of course, it being a French restaurant, we ordered the souffle for dessert and it was delectable!

Our waiter was very helpful and friendly. He struggled on a few English words (I speak Spanish but my friend does not), but we helped teach him some English pronunciation and spent a while taking about the Super Bowl - he was a delight!

I think some of those looking for a fine dining experience might be a bit turned off by the location and the not flawless interior decoration. But don't let the cover trick you into not reading the book; the food here is excellent. My friend liked it better than Tempo; I preferred Tempo slightly over Les Cepages. But Les Cepages is a much better value for the quality of the food being served (with a bottle of wine it came out to ~$70 per person).

If you're going to eat out in downtown, eat here. I highly recommend it.

2  Thank Gregoryfishki
Les Cépages R, Owner at Les Cepages Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Mr. Gregory:

Thank you for Dinning with us. We are glad tah you had a great experience with us. Your words motivate us to keep on going. Hope to see you soon in our 5th Anniversary celebration. Bes wishes.

Cheff Sal

Reviewed February 2, 2014

During a recent vacation in Cancun, my wife and I enjoyed many wonderful restaurants - but Les Cerpages stood head and shoulders above them all. Wonderful food, perfectly prepared and seasoned, graciously served, reasonably priced.

We enjoy great food frequently - but I don't recall the last time we raved about EVERY BITE we placed in our mouths! It was all unbelievably good - my lamb, her duck, our seafood salad - fine wine, good coffee, perfect cheese plate.

This rivals our best meals in the "culinary capitals" of the world - don't miss it!

Dear Mr. M5Driver:

It was a pleasure serving you. Thank you for Dinning with us. It is a motivation to read so nice reviews. Hope to see you soon in a near future.

Best wishes,

Chef Sal and Staff.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Les Cepages, as recommended here on TA, turned out to be an excellent find. Not a tourist spot, but certainly fine dining. It's far from the hotel zone, in a shopping mall strip, even a bit hard to find (make sure you have the name of the mall from the address before you get into a cab) but has a very clean and contemporary look inside. The chef, Salvatore, studied at the Culinary Institute of America in NY, and his cooking showed it. I had thin slices of rare veal, cooked over a smoky wood, with greens to start. It was perfectly cooked, full of flavor, and he created a luscious sauce with carmellized shallots. My companion had a citrus salad with Roquefort, presented beautifully, after which we both enjoyed the fresh catch of the day with rice. I've never heard of this fish, and can't remember the name, but it was prepared with the skin seared, and was handled lightly by the kitchen to bring out the mild flavor, without heavy sauces. The deserts looked terrific, but alas, we had no room left after a week of vacation eating. I should note that the chef came out to greet us, and helped with our menu selections. We enjoyed a French white wine that was reasonable and good with dinner. We highly recommend you make the effort to go here for really fine dining.

Les Cépages R, Owner at Les Cepages Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Mr. Jeffrey:

Thank you for taking your precious time to write so motivational comments. It was a real pleasure seving you. We hope to see you soon in a near future. Please take care, keep warm.

Chef Sal

Reviewed January 23, 2014

A wonderful little space and the chef was waiting to great us we entered. Raul the waiter was very helpful and attentive and the appetizers - salad and veal - were delicious. Wines by the glass were sampled and we both found a great match for our main courses. The main courses arrived and things went downhill a bit. The lamb looked spectacular but it lacked seasoning and the sauce didn't bridge the gap. I sampled the duck and it was somewhat the same. The accompaniments were very good and had a great conversation with Chef Salvador before we left who talked about his background and walked us to the door! Would have loved to give it five stars but couldn't this particular evening.

Dear Mr. James:

It was a pleasure serving you. Thank you for taking your precious time to write us a review, it is a real motivation to hear so great comments. We hope to see you soon in a near future. Please keep warm.

Best Wishes.