“IT WAS PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Temporada de desove de la tortuga marina - Nesting Sea Turtle season May - Oct
Servicio de Seguridad las 24 horas del día
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
boo2U
Bowie, Maryland
“IT WAS PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT!”
Reviewed October 18, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

Thanks to Hurricane Matthew.....I had many flight issues but Leticia was so understanding and flexible. All questions quickly answered and she was always very nice, a joy to communicate with. When I FINALLY arrived, there was a basket of fruit and a box of sweetbread along with a welcome note waiting for me and the room was COLD! Aida, Leticia's assistant was as sweet as could be and made sure I understood where things were and how to get around. I loved the view from the balcony which is really private and you can sit out there day or night as it is always in the shade. The room has just about everything you need including a good size refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, pots and pans, plates, glasses, silverware…the works. The furniture is authentic Mexican and sturdy – some would call it old, I thought it was perfect. I didn’t try the trundle bed so don’t know about that however, the King size bed was on the hard side, at least for me but was an easy fix, while at Walmart; I purchased a foam pad ($11.00 USD). There is a safe for valuables, iron and ironing board, blow dryer, alarm clock and a good size TV with several English channels including HBO. I never had trouble with the Wi-Fi in the room but while in the pool area it would not work for me (Aida will give you both passwords) but it wasn't a big deal for me. Walls were solid, didn’t hear my neighbors either.

The bathroom was spotless and there was plenty of hot water with good pressure. I would recommend new bath towels; they were spotless but a bit on the worn delicate side. The beach towels were large and perfect! (I hope Aida was able to get the suntan lotion stains out of the beach towel I used, if not, let me know. I didn’t realize that I had purchased suntan lotion with a tint, didn’t know that even existed). I loved that there was an ice chest (top of the kitchen cabinets) and there were ice trays in the freezer...along with frosted mugs, I was able to dump the ice in the ice chest and take refreshments with me on the beach each day. I also enjoyed taking the chairs (there are 2 stadium chairs with cup holders) that are in the condo out to the beach to sit in the water. There are palapas on the beach for your use which are wonderful but the chairs are tied to the palapas, so when I would get too hot and wanted to get right at the water’s edge, I was able to. There are also these banana shaped chairs that belong to the building that you can drag but they looked too cumbersome and the chair was perfect. The pool is great when you just want to swim a bit...in case the waves are too rough, you just can’t take the ice chest up to the pool area. There are two elevators that were pretty fast, never had to wait long; and there is security at the gate but I always felt safe even when I was alone for the first few days. The condo is within walking distance (to the left) to two restaurants (across the street and to the right, see my review of Navios & Bob’s Fish Place) that were both very good and an xxo which is like a 7-11. There is a restaurant on the premises which was OK so you don’t have to leave if you don’t want to. There is a small market also on the premises and laundry facility, both of which I didn’t use so can’t comment. There is also a market near the pool but I never saw it. There was also a place above the restaurant that you could get a massage but when I inquired, no one seemed to know anything about it. The bus, R-1 and R-2 run right in front of the condo complex and are 10.50 pesos which is about .55 cents (USD, take pesos, it’s cheaper but they do take US dollars) it takes a good 45 min to get to the Hotel Zone and about an hour to get downtown Cancun or to Walmart…depends on of course how many stops or how full the bus is. I did take a cab from Walmart to the condo and it was 260 pesos about $13.00 USD, ask for price before you get in a cab, it shouldn’t be more than 260 and you should say that if they quote more. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will definitely be renting this condo out again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view from the balcony, the warm welcome and the ease of getting around
Liked least: The very hard bed
Traveling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Katherine...
“We loved staying at this location. The condo was exceptional.”
Reviewed August 16, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

The staff at the condo were really friendly. We loved staying there. The location is perfect. it was only 15 minutes from the restaurants and bars but we loved it like this because we like when it's quiet and peaceful. Without any hesitation, I recommand this condo to anyone. We also enjoyed seeing the turtles at night by the beach.And I can't forget about the food. Really good food at the restaurant by the pool.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Susan S
“Awesome!”
Reviewed May 1, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We really enjoyed our stay. Perfect view from the balcony. Super clean. We couldn't have asked for more. The condo is located on the most beautiful beach in Cancun. We were really happy with our stay! Thank you Leticia.

yox1923
Trail B,C
“ANOTHER GREAT VACATION!!!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

This was our third time staying in Leticia's condo...and like the title states we were very happy with the condo and Leticia's care of everything while we were there. We stayed for over two months and we felt like we once again made the best choice by staying in this condo while vacationing Cancun.
You can read my previous reviews about Leticia's condo for more detail on the condo and the resort so I won't repeat myself in this review.
Leticia has made some changes to the condo since we left last April. There is a brand new shower stall all done in tile that is very spacious. It replaced the bathtub and enclosure that used to be there.
The king size bed still has the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on and in the 3 years we have been staying in Cancun Plaza we have not heard of any other rental condo offering a king size bed.
We have booked the condo again for two months next year so if nothing else I have said in this or the previous years reviews convinces you that this a great condo, coming back for 4 consecutive years should speak volumes.
Cancun Plaza condos has a very relaxing atmosphere with all the facilities you would want in a resort. Infinity pool, poolside bar and restaurant, convenience store and now there is even a travel center to book tours. Cancun Plaza added many new lounge chairs at the pool and the beach so there was never a problem getting one.

The public transit buses are still the best way to get around the hotel zone and downtown Cancun and the bus stops right outside the resort about 100 feet down the sidewalk. One nice advantage to Cancun Plaza is that it is about a 100 foot walk to the road from the condos and not half a kilometer to the road as in the big resorts.

I feel I need to respond to the negative review that was posted by TheFoodDon about this condo.
During the 3 times we have rented the condo from Leticia she has provided exceptional attention for our comfort. She has always responded immediately to everything we have mentioned that was a concern.
Last year I mentioned that the HDMI port on the 32" TV was tough to get the connector in because it was mounted tight to the wall. The next day she brought out 2 repairmen and they mounted a brand new tilt stand on the wall for the TV.
We missed one of her phone calls last year because we were sitting on the balcony and didn't hear the phone. She said if there was a cordless phone in the room we could take the phone out on the balcony with us. There is now a cordless phone in the condo.
Last year my wife mentioned it was kind of dark over the kitchen counter when she is in the kitchen at night. This year there is an undercabinet light mounted over the counter.
This year there was a very small drip from the bathroom sink tap. Two days later the repairman was there to fix it.
Also, this year the modem for the internet stopped working on a Saturday afternoon and on Monday there was a brand new modem all set up and working great.
This is not a landlord who doesn't care or doesn't know how to look after customers. This is a landlord who sets the bench mark out of reach of most other landlords.
We plan on returning to this condo for many more years because we love the way we are cared for by Leticia and Aida the housekeeper.
You will not be dissapointed when you come to stay in this condo unit..

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The condo itself is great and the layout of the resort is such that it is a 50 foot walk to the elevator and another 40 foot walk to the pool after you get off the elevator. Cancun Plaza is situated between Kukulkan Blvd and the white sandy beach.
Liked least: Going home!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
TheFoodDo...
Portland, Oregon
“Constant construction noise - beware!”
Reviewed November 5, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

This condo is in pretty good shape with moderate upgrades. The side-view of the ocean is very pretty. We could have spent many relaxing hours here, if not for constant noise from power tools in the condo directly above, which ruined our vacation. To make matters worse, one day cement pieces rained onto our patio from the condo above - yes we were forewarned by the crew above but it was supposed to be done by noon, and instead lasted all day. At one point pieces the size of small bricks fell down. SEE OUR PICS and VIDEO.
When we complained to the owner, ultimately she claimed having no prior knowledge of these activities and that she was unable to change the construction schedule of other owners on their own units. BAD ANSWER. You rent a condo - and you want to protect your business, right? Not knowing about activity that badly affects your business is as bad as knowing and pretending not to know. Renting your condo to unsuspecting guests, while claiming to be ignorant of activity that will effectively ruin their stay is very bad business. The short solution to this problem is A) AS A BUSINESS OWNER, BE AWARE OF ACTIVITY THAT AFFECTS YOUR RENTAL BUSINESS and B) DO NOT RENT YOUR CONDO WHILE IT IS VIRTUALLY NOT USABLE BY PAYING GUESTS. C) OFFER COMPENSATION TO GUESTS IF THE ABOVE FAILS. The owner did none of the above, so we had an awful stressful week in this condo, not a vacation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being away from the condo due to constant noise ie...on the beach
Liked least: Terrible noise. Very poor business practices of the owner
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
HayleyB91
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“out of this world!”
Reviewed July 28, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Leticia was amazing she met us at the condo after our long flight and showed us to our room, she had left us some fresh fruit and a bottle of wine. She wasalways on hand when we needed her. The condo was amazing so clean and tidy and an amazing view over looking the beach. While we were there we saw the sea turtles at night. Downtown is 30 minutes by bus, and it stops everywhere you need along the way. The restaurant we thought was lovely. We will definately be visiting again!

Your age range 18-24
jennmiko2...
Flintstone, Maryland
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 26, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

The owner Leticia is a terrific. She left us a welcome gift of wine upon arrival. She met us at the condo and showed us around the property. The condo was very well equipped, neat and clean. The view was beautiful to the ocean. The A/C was nice and cold (saved our lives LOL). The condo is located at the beginning of the hotel zone. You can either drive (we rented a car) or take the bus for $1 to several restaurants and shopping. There is a restaurant on site at the condo. It really wasn't very good. There is also a mini market/store on site with most must needs. Parking is ample and free. I would definitely stay here again. No complaints. Leticia was available for any questions I had during my stay. Bathroom had towels, blow dryer and beach towels.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing