“Golden Shores salespeople at Crown Paradisen AGGRESSIVE and ABUSIVE”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cancun
Golden Shores Crown Paradise
Ranked #109 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Crown Paradise hotel is a great place to stay for families. Do Not GO TO TIMESHARE PRESENTATION....
SalesMan- Ricardo Gomez was nasty, aggressive and abusive when we did not purchase, Golden Shores messed up paperwork when we were ready to leave and told us we could not leave unless we PAID AGAIN!!!
Saleswomen Nash told us, she did not know how we would be able to leave resort without their permission. She said we needed to PAY AGAIN and work it out with our travel agency, ( the travel agency thet hired to promote Crown Paradise)
Situation got VERY uncomfortable. VERY heated.
Again Crown Paradise is a wonderful place to go in Cancun, but they should lose their affiliation with Golden Shores Timeshare. They should not want to be associated with them
How would the American Embassy feel about a vacationing family being held at a resort against their will unless they PAID AGAIN!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank nycity

Reviewed April 20, 2010

My wife and I went with another couple who also enjoyed the resort. The reviews I read before I went had me a little worried , some of the bad reviews helped us to navigate around some things like getting reservations early at the restaurants, and we took our on beach towels so we didn't play that game with the towels.We never had a problem with getting chairs. The staff at the resort was awesome in every way, at the restaurants , bars,housekeeping,concierge. The resort is definitely geared towards family which I thought was great. We didn't have any trouble finding fun things for adults to as well. Remember your on the beach in Cancun , how could you not have a good time. Carlos the guide at the El Ray ruins across the street was very good I recommend going there , take some food for the iguanas. Deep sea fishing was good in Cancun , the beach was great at the resort. So my advice is to not worry about the reviews and go to Crown Paradise you will have a great time.The 80 min massage at the spa is worth every penny.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank FreemansPlace
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We went during spring break so long lines are to be expected. My 8 year old loved the kids club, day and night, she never wanted to miss anything! The kids club staff was great, and my daughter made tons of friends. The room was great, TV small, but can't beat the view and the balcony. Only construction was painting, everywhere. Adults Only pool was the best seat in the house.
However, the two major problems, which I see has been going on for a long time, is the restaurant reservation system, and the reserving of beach chairs. People get their towels the night before and get up at 5 in the morning to place their towels on chairs to reserve them. This is not allowed, but the hotel does nothing about it. We just sat in reserved chairs and would wait till someone came to claim them. No one ever did! So just take a seat, and give it up if someone comes.
The other problem is the restaurant reservation system. I chose this all inclusive hotel due to the variety of restaurants to choose from. For the first two days, we got nothing! Everything was booked. We ended up walking in a restaurant, per the concierge advice, and got seated. The second night we went into town, via public bus (highly recommended) and had dinner at a great Mexican restaurant.
Bottom line, it is what you make it. either you can be miserable and complain about the two negative things, or find your way around it like we did. We had a great time, and will definately be back!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank laurencort
Reviewed December 15, 2009

My husband and I went to the Crown Paradise Resort last February and we absolutely loved it! The resort itself was beautiful and had awesome views being right on the beach. We tried pretty much all of the restaurants and though they were all awesome except for the seafood place. They give nice portions and the food was very tasty. Even the buffet was nice because you could stop in throughout the day and eat whatever you liked. Plus there were great snack bars right near the pool where you could get fresh chips & salsa,burgers,drinks & more! The sushi place by the pool was great too. Every morning we would start our day with a huge breakfast in our room, the room service rocked! While it is true that you need to make reservations ahead of time for dinner we never had any trouble with this and we were always impressed with the service. The one thing you must bring though would be BIG cups for the bar!! The alchohol is free but they give it to you in small cups so you keep having to go back for more. All of the people that had stayed there previously had all brought their own large cups/pitchers.Very good idea!

Our room was also beautiful and very large. I never noticed any smell like others have mentioned and our bed was so comfortable! Really I can't say that anything in the whole place was anything other than clean. You do have to search for some of the stuff like the soccer field,zip line, and water slides because they are out of the way,but we found them easily. This year we are bringing our two girls with us because we were so impressed with the kids paradise area. It was big,bright,clean, and all of the kids there were having a blast.
Also just to mention, this place sells timeshares so you will be approached to take a tour. If you have no plans I say DO IT! The rooms are awesome with beautiful views and they give you a ton of stuff for going. We got a bottle of tequila,tshirst,beach bag, and enough pesos to get a couples masage at the spa!!! It was great and we are already booked to go back in March.
This place is amazing,clean,good food,plenty of activities,and great service!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xangel1
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We met friends here and shared a two bedroom timeshare. The two bedrooms were on opposite sides of the living room/ kitchen area. Each room was comfortable and had its own TV, bathroom, and balcony overlooking the swimming pools and beautiful ocean. There were at least 4 swimming pools, and plenty of room on the beach for soaking up the sun and swimming in the ocean. The gym was well equiped with a staff member on hand to answer any questions or give assistance. Catching the bus to town was as easy as walking across the street. There were many restaurants on site, offering such foods as Mexican, Steaks, Italian, French, and a buffet. The waiters were very attentive and gave excellent service. The food was great everywhere, and the buffet was open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a variety of freshly prepared and delicious foods. Conveniently located by the pool were at least two places to get snacks, drinks, and variety of other foods while sitting by the swimming pool. They even had a small area outside that served food all night long. There was a pool for adults only on an upper level with a bar on the side with "bar stools" in the water. Another pool was convenient for swimming laps. There were always activities and contests by the main pool areas, with music and lively sports directors. Every night they had a different entertainment theme.... geared for children, but great for all ages. One night there was even a Casino Night where people could play games with play money and win nice prizes. The only negative comment I have is the slight moldy smell in the rooms. Once we opened the doors to the balcony, they were much improved. We would love to return to this timeshare and even bring our grandchildren along.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mickey95682
Reviewed May 4, 2009

Paid less than $3000 US for 8 nights including 4 air fairs from NYC(after spring break). The hotel is 20 years old and in need of updating but the staff was always busy painting, cleaning and performing some kind of maintenace. We have a 4 and 2 year old and both enjoyed the daycare and kids paradise pool. The kids pool is supervised so you can leave them and not worry where they are(not the 2 year old). It has many slides and a large pirate ship in the middle. I'm guessing once they get around 9 years they may get a little bored. The food at the buffet was decent and a few of the restaurants were actually good. The French, Mexican and seafood were actually above average and getting a reservation was not a problem, just make sure you make your reservations as soon as you check-in. The staff was very friendly especially at the buffet. I guess it also helps to give a buck or two to receive better service and to be friendly to them (by the second day the staff knew what we wanted and knew all our names). The beach had eroded from last season's hurricanes and was only about 30 feet wide and when we left they had lost another 10 feet. The gov't is supposed to reclaim the beach this year, but I suspect it will be a slow process. The whole beach front along this side of Cancun was hit hard. The room was a little small but we didn't spend much time in the room. The beds were a little hard. All the rooms are ocean front, but ours also had a view of the abandoned resort next door. The pools were very nice but could get a little noisy. Over all we had a great time. The kids enjoyed themselves (didn't want to leave daycare) and my wife and I were able to spend time together alone guilt free.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank NycBodySurfer
Reviewed April 17, 2009

LOOKS BETTER ON PAPER> that sums up Golden Shores & Crown Paradise ClubThere WERE some nice things about it but all and all I would say we were disappointed and would NOT recommend it NOR would we return. My #1 complaint was the ridiculous "RESERVATION POLICY FOR DINNER" They never mentioned it when we checked in. Quite by accident at the pool the next day another guest asked "where we were eating dinner that night' ....ONLY then did we find out about the nightmare that would be dinner. Reservations were almost impossible to come by. You had to call starting at 8 am and even then could not get reservations until after 9pm. They were always "booked' yet when you WENT to the restaurants they were never more than 1/2 full. Rumor had it that the management made it very difficult to get reservations so people would just "go to the Buffet' We were also told we could only have 2 reservations at a time. This apparently however was not the rule for everybody?? Then to add insult to injury one night we finally had reservations only to show up at 8pm all dressed for dinner to find they had lost not only OUR reservations but also the reservations for the people in front of us. Neither of us were very happy and the management was unable to find even ONE RESTAURANT we could eat at---- even though as mentioned there were many many empty tables at every restaurant we went to look at. It was VERY upsetting and frustrating!!! THE BUFFET was a LOT like a college or any very cheap family style restaurant. Service was minimal and the food fair. We really wanted to SIT DOWN as a family @ ' at one of the resorts six restaurants'. When we complained over and over again we finally did get reservations for the last 3 days. It's not my idea of a great time having to spend hours talking to the mangers trying to get what we already paid for. POSITIVE THING> there was a SUSHI BAR open like 12-5pm > that was fresh and very good. There were sometimes very long lines but I would just watch and go when the lines were less. It was VERY good! The kids thought the hamburgers ROCKED!! There was also a snack bar opened every night from 10pm-6am. There was also room service- it was very slow but it was available. There was food available and plentiful. It just wasn't always that great but if you don't care about that, you'd be happy with the quantity. We stayed in the 'condos. The rooms were fine> they were big and had nice little decks with ocean view. The furniture was cheesy and plastic but it was FINE. THE BEDS WERE VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. We almost laughed the first night when we finally got to bed. Again it's not the Westin so were not that concerned. It's vacation and we usually just go with the flow. The rooms were very CLEAN! THE RESORT IS BIG> there is a lot to do but it seemed like so much of it was like I said "looks good on paper' The kids "play area' was very big and nice. Seemed like a lot of guests used it for daycare. You had the choice to check your kids in to stay or let them come and go. You would see the daycare kids at the Buffet fro lunch and dinner and again @ the show each night- there were usually about 50 of them. If you want a vacation where your kids are well entertained WITHOUT you, this could be for you. They had many activities through out the day for the kids. BUT when I asked about 'craft time" they were quick to point out that it was very popular and always filled... in other words - your kids can't do it. That was fine- my kids went a couple of times with us and had fun but they didn't spend the week in daycare. There was a "TEEN POOL AREA" - it is hidden around the back and out of the way. There are 2 water slides that my young girls REALLY liked. There is a little soccer field there that could have been popular if it weren't so out of the way. There is the most pathetic SAND VOLLEYBALL COURT> it COULD be very cool but it is a few inches of sand ON TOP OF CEMENT!! My son totally cut up his knee not knowing that it wasn't a REAL sand volley ball court. There was no beach to speak of so this was really there only option for sand volley ball- I don't know why they didn't have MORE SAND. Also in the Teen Area... There was a rock wall- it is open for one hour a day- there was always a long line- you could maybe do it once/day if you got in line.There was a cool ZIP LINE-- again ONCE a day-- long line. Most kids in the 'teen area' were 12 and under. There was silly Putt Putt and another basketball/soccer area the kids used a bit.There was an indoor kid area. It was circa 1970 but my kids liked hanging in there at night while we WAITED for our sometimes reservations for dinner. There was a movie area that occasionally had movies playing. There is an ADULT ONLY pool. My husband and I did check it out once. It was nice. It's a nice option but it did close at 5pm and it overlooked the parking lot. It was a nice pool and the only hot tubs. My kids were disappointed there were no other Hot Tubs. The other 2 outside pools were fine also. One is salt and the other fresh. There were LOTS of chairs but like so many resorts they had a HUGE problem with the 'saving of chairs' Mostly we just didn't worry about it and usually we would find a chair or 2 by mid day. The TOWEL situation was a JOKE! you get these towel cards. IF YOU LOSE YOUR TOWEL it cost $35. Whatever. Towels walked away constantly. I was sitting in a chair one day and an adult man picked up my daughters towel right next to me... Hello that is my towel- Sorry he says, somebody just took mine. So people just ran around taking towels... by 8am EVERY CHAIR was 'saved' with these precious towels... even though the towel station didn't open until 9am. It was just mostly annoying. There was an 'indoor pool' . My kids said it was not clean. The blue blue water of Cancun is just BEAUTIFUL!! ! The beach @ the resort is very small and the water was VERY rough the entire time we were there. It was NOT SAFE to be out in for swimming and everyday we witnessed the lifeguards "doing a save." Red Flags were out all the time. There was "FREE SNORKELING and non motorized equipment." Well you have to go off site to Aqua World and it is mostly just to up-sell you on trip. There is no snorkeling but the Kayak was fine. The kids had fun with it. It's a pain to get back and forth to but it was a fun adventure. There is a nice tennis court. It's out of the way out in front. It never seemed to be busy. RING YOUR OWN racquet's and balls. They had 6 in the whole resort and the balls were wet and OLD and cost $2/piece if you lost them. They have some bikes but you can't actually use them. They are for adults ONLY and then only at 9am for a group ride that from what I could tell the couple times I went down to the desk- never happened. There was a smallish wrokout area. There was Internet but it was for fee. I asked for an activities list but there wasn't really one and the concierge was not very helpful.
HALF OF THE STAFF was very nice... the other 1/2 NOT! and why they had to be doing so much construction during what I can only imagine is part of their busiest season??! It was CONSTANT!! It was loud and annoying. There was PLENTY of drinking and if you are going for the booze you will not be disappointed. They were plenty generous and the bartenders mostly seemed very nice. I've seen a few reviews complain about the slow service- it was fine. I wasn't in a huge hurry - I was on vacation. You could find someplace to go without long lines. BIG THING> if you choose to go here~ BRING YOUR OWN LARGER CUP! Many many people had heard this or bought cups in the gift shop. Otherwise your drinks come in Dixie cups. SO that is my very honest opinion. I do have to say > my kids had FUN! They met some nice kids. There were less younger kids for my 9 & 12 yr old-- maybe a lot of them stayed in the daycare. It was not a "Spring Break" place but there was plenty of drinking- so if that's your thing, you'll like it.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank rnmomx6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Sunset Marina Resort & Yacht Club
#10 of 176 in Cancun
Paradisus Cancun
Paradisus Cancun
#24 of 176 in Cancun

Been to Golden Shores Crown Paradise? Share your experiences!