“Nice hotel centrally located”

Colonial Cancun Hotel
Ranked #132 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Rather than stay at a hotel in the Hotel Zone in Cancun, we opted for a cheaper alternative in the center of Cancun. To our surprise the hotel was quite nice, on a quiet side street, close to the ADO bus station and right in the middle of the restaurant district. We could enjoy the energy of everyday life in a Mexican city and still be able to grab a bus for the beach or points south of Cancun along the Maya Riviera. We spent one day on the beach in the hotel zone and frankly, it seemed a little isolated and boring. Room very nice. Only drawback were the breakfasts which were not up to standard and the staff didn't seem to know what they were doing.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank wanderingwoods

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I wish I read the last 2 reviews before me and my girlfriend went. Someone stole our money and credit cards from the room, my girlfriend got her chain and cross stolen and kicked to the ground right infront of the hotel by some drug fiend. The place called the police on us when we complained about the money. I swear I don't know who owns this place but get new staff. We left there and went to another place. My girlfriend had a couple of her frilly panties and a bathing suit stolen from her bag while we were there and I realized I was missing my favorite shirt, sunglasses and watch. Well what do you know, we were leaving Cancun as we walk past the Colonial hotel heading to the ADO bus stop i see one of the staff wearing MY SHIRT, with my sunglasses on... We just left it at that, thanked god we were ok and cut our trip short seeing our lack of funds. It was our first trip to Mexico and probably after this experience the last

IF YOU KNOW WHATS BEST FOR YOU NEVER GO HERE!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank westwood555
Reviewed April 2, 2012

why do the owners let the manger and her friend plus some staff sell drugs ,plus use the place as a drug den, never stay there if you like your life.....even the police are in with them....

Room Tip: if I had read something would have stay some place else.....now I know......
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
12  Thank TRAVELER8998
Reviewed November 4, 2011

The service sucked, there rooms somewhat passible. i had money stole out of my fully locked room ..... when i tried to speak with management they blew me off .....

they also screwed my friend who was with me as well

Room Tip: just stay away
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
11  Thank t g
Reviewed March 13, 2011

My wife and I just returned from Cancun, while we were there we stayed at the Colonial Cancun Hotel and it was a lot more than we expected for the price. We had a king room on the ground floor and it was air conditioned, spacious and clean. The staff was courteous and went out of their way to accommodate our needs. The hotel was located in the middle of the block on a “walk only” street and there was no noise at night. The continental breakfast was something I did not expect; toast, fruit, yougart, juice and coffee. There was always an employee there who made up everything for you, he put my toast in as soon as he saw me come out of my room. All in all I consider this hotel a great place to stay and a great value for the money.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank russmozier
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We stayed the first and the last nights of our holidays upon arrival and departure.The hotel is very cheap and well located, owners are helpful and nice. New rooms on the 2nd floor are ok. Good for tight budgets and short stay. Breakfast is awful:)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Phildelf
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We only stayed in this hotel for one night. It was ok - the room was relatively clean with an ensuite and a TV. The staff were helpful when we asked them questions. We did have 2 random people come into our room without knocking so I'm not sure what that was about. If you want to stay in downtown cancun its in a good location. The internet wasnt working when we were there (only wifi)
It is an ok hotel - nothing special particularly but not awful. I probably would recommend not going to Cancun if you want to experience the real Mexico.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple