My husband and I went there during Spring Break which is usually the time we like to go. No problems with Spring Breakers at this place, arrived to a refreshing beverage, check in was a breeze, we wanted to ck in early but our rooms were not available until 3:00pm.
We used the time to make reservations for dinners for the nights we wanted. The first night we had to eat at the buffet, this was the only gripe we had. Reservations have to be made for the sit down dinners. You can choose Steak, Japanese, Italian restaurants and buffets. I'm not a fan of buffets but it had a good selection of food to choose from.
We upgraded our room to an Ocean View suite, which was nice but the rooms are a bit outdated, but spacious, more than enough for two people. The balcony has two chairs but is small.
Throughout our stay the service was excellent in all restaurants. We really loved the steak and lobster, ESP my husband. We didn't like the Japanese restaurant, but that was the only one, don't waste your time, the food was blah.
Location is good if you want to hit the bars, flea markets, all within walking distance. I loved having Starbucks right across the street too, we went there Daily. If you purchase a mug, you get free drink, just ask!
We went shopping at La Isa which is only a bus fare away for 8.5 pesos.
The resort is is beautiful, clean, plenty of areas to layout, in other resorts you have to fight for a chair, but not this place. There is nightly entertainment, abd the lounge is large and they make the best Drinks! not water down either! Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in "Corazone", Cancun resort area * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the hotels private beach * 8-storey building * 100 m/325 ft. To Hotel Riu Cancun * 120 m/390 ft. From a shopping centre * 10 km/6.2 Miles from downtown Cancun * 20 km/12.5 Miles from the airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cancun
- Cancun Riu Palace
- Riu Las Americas Cancun
- Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas Cancun
- Riu Palace Las Americas Hotel
- Las Americas Cancun