Have just got back from an 11 day stay at this hotel. So glad we chose it as it is just beautiful hotel with a certain 'old fashioned elegance' about it! It is peaceful and classy and the staff are so helpful and polite and go out of their way to make your stay as wonderful as possible! The open buffet was varied and good quality and I was always spoilt for choice! Our room was massive and cleaned every day to a very high standard. Some people have mentioned the' musty' smell in the corridors, which is true but no big deal. We didn't try the different restaurants as you have to book and we preferred to do our own thing. Im sure there are other lovely hotels around but loved that this hotel was in the centre of things and we were able to walk to shops etc or take a short bus ride to the shopping centres. We also were able to use the facilities of the other Riu hotels which was nice.
We went on two trips when we were there, the first was to the island Isla mujeires which Im sure is great if the weather were good but it wasn't this day and to be honest think we should have been allowed to cancel . Our second trip was on the speed boat which was a nightmare as the sea was so rough and it was really scary and then to top it all it broke down and we were marooned until someone came and rescued us! I think they should explain that you are made to go fast in rough seas and through a crocodile infested lagoon, which incidently a second boat in our convey broke down and the girl was crying she was so terrified! I personally would never ever do this trip again and would advise anyone who is even a little nervous not to go on it!! We have met people who thoroughly enjoyed it, maybe the water was a lot less rough for them! All in all we had a lovely holiday with only a couple of rainy days, was a bit peeved that we had to pay £45 each exit tax which was never mentioned when we booked our holiday!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in "Corazone", Cancun???S resort area * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the hotel???S private beach * 8-storey building * 100 m/325 ft. To Hotel Riu Cancun * 120 m/390 ft. From a shopping centre * 10 km/6.2 Miles from downtown Cancun * 20 km/12.5 Miles from the airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Cancelon, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cancun
- Cancun Riu Palace
- Riu Las Americas Cancun
- Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas Cancun
- Riu Palace Las Americas Hotel
- Las Americas Cancun