This was a great place to stay. We were at Riu Palace for 4 nights on October 31-November 4. Definitely took the advice of someone on here-- the shuttle was only $20 total for 2 people round trip (a steal!) but they do try to sell you excursions so be warned. Also, we got waylaid at the airport by someone claiming our ride wasn't there yet who also tried to sell us excursions (this is an independent person who said they were hired by Trip Advisor) so don't be fooled by that! The transportation to our hotel was waiting for us outside the airport the entire time.
The staff at Riu Palace was beyond courteous, and everyone was always cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! We got a fabulous upgrade to a great room. Be warned that after DST the sun goes away and almost the entire property is shaded starting at about 3:30 pm, and the sun goes down around 5:15 pm. Sure, there wasn't a whole lot to do but drink, lounge, and eat-- but that was vacation! We also enjoyed going to the Riu Cancun next door for a drink or two. The buffet was nothing super but the restaurants were really delightful. Make sure you get up at 7 am to get the best chair, but really there are so many chairs it's not a problem in the fall/winter.
And to the goobers who complain the staff doesn't have change for dollars, are you kidding me? Bring $50 in one dollar bills, plan a little better, and don't expect people to be a cash register for you.
We really recommend this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Adults Only & 24 H All Inclusive Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas opens all year round and is located right on the beautiful beach of Cancún, in the Corazone area which is the modern hotel zone with American-style shopping centers, restaurants, nightclubs. RIU Palace is the most elegant category in the RIU hotel chain, with hotels that meet the highest standards in terms of luxury, excellence and sophistication, creating a unique experience. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Cancun Airport CUN (20 km) and Cancun (10 km) and invites you to explore the area. The hotel has 372 cozily furnished rooms with free Wi-Fi and offers modern amenities. Relax in our spa, or get in shape at the gym. 3 outdoor pools. Day and evening entertainment, as well as our Pacha Discotheque at neighboring Hotel Riu Cancun. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main buffet restaurant, Japanese, Italian, Mexican, Fusion restaurant and Steakhouse, as well as 6 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cancun
- Cancun Riu Palace
- Riu Las Americas Cancun
- Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas Cancun
- Riu Palace Las Americas Hotel
- Las Americas Cancun