Just come back from a two week stay at this Hotel.Both my wife and I are exhausted.Not from the activities from the holiday but the lack of sleep due to rowdy drunken guests coming back between 2am and 6am disturbing our sleep.We had shouting in the corridors,arguments and loud music in the rooms above and below us and almost a fight breaking out on the balcony below.There were numerous drunken louts wandering around the hotel and I was confronted by a drunken British "guest" in the lift who was very intimidating and used appalling language directed at me.There are two pools although we only used the infinity pool as the the was an activities pool for the younger element.Hence this was noisy with thumping music blaring out and various games being played by people who were fuelling themselves up with plentiful supplies of all inclusive alcohol.Needless to say a quiet afternoon on the sun loungers was unobtainable.I packed my ipod away as I couldn't hear it. Was I in a Club 18-30 holiday no I was in a 5 star luxury Hotel?.WE had very little assistance from the Hotel I was offered a room change but as I had an 4th floor Ocean/Pool view I was going to end up on the 7th floor not knowing what I was going to get..Yes there is a musty damp smell in the rooms and generally around the hotel.I am not surprised because when it rains the Hotel leaks like a sieve.The smell comes home with you in your suitcases and clothes.If you like shade when you are sunbathing you are out of luck.There are not enough of them and what there are, are mainly broken.If do want one get up around 5.30am and put a shirt or scarf around them to reserve one , you will fry in the heat .
Overall a poor holiday if want to relax and have peace and quiet do not go to this resort or hotel and by the way they relieve you of £70 before you leave the country as way of thanking you for visiting their country.
Overall the hotel is average in most areas,although the food is great especially the speciality restaurants.In the main Don Roberto restaurant when then get busy they do not replenish the food and the quality goes down .
We were disappointed with our stay and thought that the Hotel was unsure what type of quests it wanted to stay with them.This hotel was not what we expected.
Oh and don't forget as you leave the country they relieve you of £70 exit fee as a thank you for visiting their country
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in "Corazone", Cancun???S resort area * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the hotel???S private beach * 8-storey building * 100 m/325 ft. To Hotel Riu Cancun * 120 m/390 ft. From a shopping centre * 10 km/6.2 Miles from downtown Cancun * 20 km/12.5 Miles from the airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cancun
- Cancun Riu Palace
- Riu Las Americas Cancun
- Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas Cancun
- Riu Palace Las Americas Hotel
- Las Americas Cancun