“Ok if you are not looking for much!”

Hotel Soberanis Cancun
Ranked #66 of 146 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The decor is a little dreary and the beds were not comfortable. Breakfast was sparce with very little imagination. We got a pretty rate for four people in one room so I am not going to complain too much.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Soberanis Cancun

Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed here because of the amusing name, and because the price was right. It was one of the cheaper places we could find and book through Hotels.com. We were only in Cancun for one night, after flying in and taking a bus out to Holbox the next day. It's not the closest to the bus station, but is right next to a grocery store where we could stock up on some things easily.

The room was simple and standard. Loud a/c and tile floors. But I slept okay, with no concern about drunkenanis.

Breakfast was included, and was nothing more than bread and coffee. For an additional $5 US you can get hot foods like eggs and some other things.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank walkingupstream
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We came to Cancun only for 1 night before our flight to Mexico city.
We booked this night in the Poc-na hotel in Isla mujeres for 350 pesos.

We got a double room, with 2 not too big double beds, private bathroom, towels, 2 bottles of water, TV and a bit noisy AC. Continental breakfast, tasty enough, was included.

The crew was kind and hospitable. They helped with taxis and directions.

All in all we enjoyed our stay and considering the price it seemed like a good value.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IsraeliCouple
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I wanted a budget hotel in Cancun city but I wasnt prepared for this. Its basic - very basic. And the street its on is more than a little scary for the typical American tourist that is used to personal space and American cities. I visited a lot of places in Europe but even I wasnt prepared for the area and the type of hotel. The tv remote didnt work, and the hot water heater broke the same day I was there. The aircon worked but it was it noisy. The corridor had 2 lights that were burned out and the room was noisy with a view of a VERY dirty building and alleyway. The staff was very nice though and transferred me to their sister hotel in the hotel district at no extra cost (since we had no water to bathe or drink).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DoctorRabbi
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We've just spent 2 nights there...One at our arrival, the other at our departure...you should not spend more....It is expensive regarding other hotels for the same quality...And I've been robbed my mobile. I've asked everybody at the reception, but the guys don't care...So, my advise is: go somewhere else!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Angelalopez
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I was looking a hotel not in the Zona Hotelera cause I was going there to see the ruins, if u wanna also go to the beach u can take a bus and go to the public beach, but I found it very reasonable the price for what I was looking for.
The breakfast was in included on the price, was very basic but u leave ready to starting your adventures, the bus station its 2 blocks away and they take you everywhere around Cancun.
So if u are not thinking in a all inclusive hotel and low budget I think its worth it.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I like budget travel when appropriate, like in case when all I need is a good night sleep before my plane early in the morning.

This is a hotel from hell, I kid you not. Sound isolation is non existent, the whole hotel is roaring like a jet engine from AC noise, constant door slamming and loud voices from the cavernous halls. The courtyard has parking space for your rental car, if you don't mind the cans of rotting garbage.

With so many choices of nice and slightly more expensive hotels why did I choose this one?

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo