“Tip Top”
Review of Jack Tar Village

Jack Tar Village
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cancun
Jack Tar Village
Ranked #120 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Romford, Essex, UK
Reviewed October 18, 2004

My wife and I stayed at the JTV in June/July 2001 for our honeymoon.

Perfect beach, crystal water. Hotel was great too. Rooms were nice and clean. Staff were great. They worked so hard to make your stay that much better. It was my first AI and it was a good one to start with, loved the food too. You have got to try the Mexican Restaurant on sight. Very entertaining waiters. And don't miss the Jungle cruise. Fantastic.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed September 26, 2004

We travel to Cancun annually and this was our first stay at Jack Tar. It was the best trip ever! The staff was amazing, catering to whatever we needed. The entertainment staff was phenomenal and made the whole trip worthwhile. I will definitely stay there again.

15  Thank KHoffmeister
Manchester, UK
Reviewed June 15, 2004

The best holiday I ever had. The people of Cancun are a breath of fresh air, they work so hard to ensure you have a good holiday. Food, drink and service are second to none at the Jack Tar. The sea is the colour of a blue Topaz, the beach is of the palest sand. I want to go back.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 29, 2004

I stayed at the JT in March 2002 and I have to say I was very impressed! It was my first AI holiday and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I worked in travel at the time and therefore received a staff discount on the holiday (including stand-by seats which turned out quite a challenge but amusing!).

I took my boyf for 10 days and we both loved it! OK so we're both in our early 20's and probably dont have such high expectations as others but we are still recommending Cancun to friends. The hotel was clean and well managed - the staff were friendly and the food was pretty good! we're both meat lovers so no problems with the lack of vegetarian choice. The room was spacious and clean with 2 double beds!

we took a few excusions; chichen itza, isla mujeres, the water park (including swimming with dolphins) and the hotel organised a trip to nightclub coco bongo's! oh and we did the jungle tour, snorkelling and parasailing!

All trips were value for money and were well organised, the hotel was fab, the weather was excellent and the staff were entertaining...

We had no complaints - except the cost of 2 telephone calls to our Mum's as it was mothers day!!

my only advice : be careful when you go, turns out it was spring break - a bunch of yanks who cant hold their ale!! enough said...

All in all the trip was ace and we would love to go back but are reluctant in case its not as good as the first time..ENJOY

10  Thank MartineLouise
Warrington England
Reviewed March 10, 2004

The Jack Tar Hotel was the best hotel i have ever stayed in. The food, people everything about Cancun and the hotel was exellent.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member