Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
$542
$423
Priceline
10,942 results
All reviewsmarket grillroyal servicemoleblue agavefamily conciergebali bedsavenue barnaos restaurantyhi spakids zonemain pyramiddinner reservationspersonal butlerocean viewsushibutler servicetacos
Reviewed June 26, 2017

We were celebrating a milestone anniversary and though the weather was horrible - the attentiveness and courtesy of the staff at all restaurants/bars/buffet was outstanding. Really appreciate that! and a special thanks to all the hardworking staff there.
The grounds are very pretty and would love to come back when there is sun and no wind ( we had rain/wind all days last week).
Food was fantastic!
Area of improvement - a little help on alternatives/activities on a rainy day would be good...esp for guests with children; AC leaks water sometimes

Room Tip: Main tower if you are travelling with older adults/kids
4  Thank NYTRAVEL77
Ricardo R, Gerente at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2017

Dear NYTRAVEL77

Thank you for sharing with the traveling community your most recent experience at the Paradisus Cancun hotel. We are delighted to know that you could fully enjoy your vacation with your family. Our goal is always to provide the best service for you and your loved ones and we are happy to know that we have done the best.
I want to extend to you the most cordial invitation to stay with us again in the future so you can still enjoy the wonderful things that this destination has to offer. We will be honored to have you here again.

Best regards

Reviewed June 26, 2017

First let me begin by stating that it rained, almost non stop, for the first 4 days we were at the resort which obviously made it difficult. We had 16 people, 9 adults and 7 children so it was a big group. I'm attempting to write an objective review despite the rain which the Paradisus has no control over. This is a very nice property but I would rank the food as very average. I would have expected a little better. We had 6 rooms with the Family Concierge package and albeit we liked the private check in area it seemed to be pretty dysfunctional. All the rooms that had kids were supposed to have robes and slippers when we arrived but only 1 of the 3 had it, and then it took 2 days to get the rest of the rooms. The adult rooms were supposed to have slippers and robes and again they only showed up in 2 rooms with adults. These may be small things but it is the small things that we are paying extra for. On the 5th day we woke up to no air conditioning in our room and now I will say they had someone come up and check it quickly it was obvious by later that evening it was not working again. So they sent two maintenance folks up again the next morning and they worked for a couple of hours and got it almost working. Thank goodness we were checking out later that day. Because of the guys working we had to go to our daughters rooms to shower and get ready for checkout.
We typically take our family on a annual vacation to a nice resort or a cruise (Disney was over the top) and I can say we probably wouldn't consider this resort in the future.

Room Tip: Anything facing the ocean are good rooms, but beware the afternoon sun get very hot coming in.
2  Thank Nicholas K

Dear Nick0722

We are more than happy to know that you enjoyed the great facilities that our resort has to offer. And I would like to take this chance to thank you for sharing with us these lasts experiences at Paradisus Cancún.
Believe me your feedback helps us to be better every day, all comments are sent to those responsible for proper monitoring and to have effective solutions.
We hope that in the future you can give us the opportunity to prove that all the improvements are effective
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information in your next trip to Cancun.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 25, 2017

We stayed for 7 nights. It was wonderful. We had the Royal Service. Here's what I like and where I think they should improve:

Like:

- the private pool and private beach.

- the bali beds (highly recommend them).

- the service was always great and impressive. They solved issues with our shuttle to the airport without complaining...even if it wasn't their problem.

- extremely clean hotel. I was impressed...never seen anything like it before.

- the turn down service.

- good restaurants. We really enjoyed the buffet (Naos). They have a good variety and it changes every day.

- they have a gelato / crepe station / coffee corner. The coffee is Nespresso.

- royal service clients have their own buffet station which changes 3-4 times a day. Great choices of desserts in the evening.

- the evening shows are entertaining even for kids. It was fun. But yes, as others have mentionned, it gets crowded.

- they give you what you want in the fridge. Very nice touch.

- tower 5 is quiet and for adults only.

Improve:

- they made reservations to restaurants for the 7 days without asking us where we wanted to eat or telling us that pre-reservations had been made. It caused some confusion.

- the elevators are slow and we both have knee issues so could walk 6 flights of stairs.

- the food from room service was cold by the time it got to our room.

- we didn't know what we could do when it was raining (5 days out of 7). We saw that other hotels were giving options to their clients. Our butler was not very helpful when we asked him about activities in and around the hotel.

- they must be using thousands of water bottles a day and they don't (or I didn't see) any recycling bins. I saw them elsewhere... at the mall, etc.

- some customers don't clean after themselves when at the beach. We found some cigarette butts and other things. Please clean up after yourselves!

We will be going back for sure.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Payehe

Dear Payehe

I want to thank you for taking the time to share with us your most recent experience at Paradisus Cancún. For us it is an honor to know that we have been your host in many different occasions, and we are proud that in each and every one of those times, we meet our goal, your total satisfaction.
All our team is always looking for the improvement of all our services, we have a strong commitment to make you feel as in home and enjoy all the wonders that the Mexican Caribbean has to offer.
Hope to see you soon, because remember that at Paradisus you will always have a place where the friends are waiting for you with arms wide open.

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

When looking for a hotel to book online, I came across the Paradisus Cancun. What drew me in from the pictures was the hotel lobby and how it looks like a garden. Then I got to looking at the rest of the hotel and I knew this was the one for us! And I haven't been disappointed, not once! This hotel ambiance is sooooo romantic! Everyone we have come in contact with has been so nice, you can tell they really care about your stay. The yoga class with Petra was awesome, she's amazing and really loves what she does! I felt like the services at the spa were a little too expensive, but I did opt for a 20 min chair massage which was awesome! The Royal Service suites are a dream come true! From the butler, the room, the staff, the pool area and bar, it's just awesome! P.S. if you tip the pool guys a $20, get ready to be amazed at the service you get! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Cancun!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jmarasco16

Dear jmarasco16

I want to extend you my warmest gratitude for sharing with us the wonderful moments that you lived in your recent vacations in Paradisus Cancun.
We are proud to know that our team meets the objective of providing the best to you and your loved ones, be assured that your comments will send to the people who you mentioned, because for us there is no greater reward than being recognized for the hard work we do every day.
On behalf of all who work here, I want to convey to you my warmest invitation to return with us in the future to enjoy all the wonders that this paradise has to offer.

Reviewed June 24, 2017

I know people have different taste and we have been on vacation every year and we have done a ton of all inclusive and I will say we will will not be coming back to Paradisus Cancun.

We stayed in the Royal Service for the first 2 days it was great but then the rain came and they closed down the restaurant and the bar on our side. So the forced us to go to the buffet for breakfast and lunch and we did not pay the extra money to eat at a buffet the food was cold. They need to invest in heat lamps they are not heat lamps they are using so the food is sitting under lights. Room temperature food is not what I enjoyed. For the days that we did eat at the Royal Service restaurant it was the best place in the resort so every day when we went down and they said it was closed I was depressed knowing I would be eating my next 2 meals at the buffet. We did eat at the Taco place one day for lunch it was good. I will not comment on the other restaurants I like american food to be honest but the food was good and different.

Our room was nice but when it rained for 3 straight days the a hallways were getting flooded with water through the walls and the ceiling. The floors became slipper my husband did slip because of the slippery floors. We did meet a couple at the bar one night and they were in building 3 and there actual room good water in it and it had mold they were on the 3rd floor but when we were walking over to the 3rd building early that day we seen them cleaning a room on on the 2nd floor so I'm guessing a lot of rooms had water and mold very concerning.

Now if you like things to do this hotel does not offer a lot of things - there is no water things offered on the beach (except jet skies that you pay for) so if you are looking for that you have to go out of the resort and across the street. They lacked a lot of activities to keep people entertained and the worst part if it is going to rain for 3 days the resort should have stepped up and go things together for the families to do. If I had young kids I think I would have gone crazy with them. At night the only thing that was offered was a 45 minute show nothing before and nothing after. You have to get to the area about an hour and half before to get a seat there is not enough room for everyone to even see the show we sat behind the show the one night and seen nothing. After the show there is nothing to do except a small night club. There said you would need to go down on the strip. If you are paying for all inclusive then why would I need to leave!

We did a timeshare presentation just to get 2 free massages to waste time when it was raining. I told the women all of my concerns and she agreed and said she would recommend the other resort Paradisus in Playa Da Carmen but that did not help us we were staying at this resort.

I spend a month on the trip advisor reading all the reviews and I was excited but I was not happy at the end.

3  Thank lizgrant1
Ricardo R, Gerente at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Dear lizgrant1