“a wonderful experience in cancun” 5 of 5 bubbles

Paradisus Cancun
Ranked #21 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersSilver level
delaware
“a wonderful experience in cancun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I just returned from a 6 day trip to Paradisus in Cancun, Each year 3 of us go to a different resort or cruise for our girls trip. This year we chose Paradisus in Cancun since neither one of us had been to Cancun. It was one of our best vacations as the people at this resort do everything to make it that way. From our check-in to check-out it was great. We had a suite with our personal butler (Grace) who i can't say enough about, i thought she had a gps on us because she seemed to know where we were and checked on us through-out our stay making sure everything was up to our expectations. She was a delight to talk to and did an outstanding job. Then there was Juan at the pool who was always there to help with our cabana, towels, drinks etc. He would come around every day with cold towels, fruit kabobs, drinks, cold water, anything we needed. He is an asset to this resort in pool area. If you are thinking of a cancun vacation check out the Paradisus you won't be disappointed. Truitt Family, Carolyn Parsons, Jean Powell and Betty Truitt

Room Tip: We were in Building 1 it was quite a walk to things but a beautiful view of ocean and very quiet unl...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank btruitt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,941)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Just came back from our trip Feb 23-27th.
We have been to Mexico 5 times now and have always stayed All-inclusive. This was our first Paradisus trip and our first time staying right in Cancun.
The hotel location is a short 15 minute ride from the airport and I would never imagine this hotel to be a party hopping, spring-breaker location. The hotel is large but very easy to navigate.
We stayed in the Royal Service area and were very happy with that choice. There are no guests in Royal Service under 18 which was just what we wanted. You do have your own concierge and front desk services there too which made requests so easy.
The staff was super friendly and accommodating and I appreciate the efforts of the very hard working staff in the restaurants and pool areas.
You indeed do need to be up early to reserve a beach umbrella and chairs. I would say by 6:30 to place your towels and books and then go get your breakfast and come back. Or in Royal Service you can reserve a Bali Bed around the pool and we did that for our two full days. There was no additional charge and we had no issue lying around eating guacamole and fruit and having a cocktail delivered to us. There always seemed to be open lounge chairs around too. You could also go to the next pool over from Royal Service which is right there and it's quiet and has loungers. The main pool has a swim up bar and some more action. It was kind of like when you go visit a big city and check out the excitement and then your glad to get home to your quiet suburb in Royal Service.
Make your dinner reservations when you get there so you're guaranteed the times and places that you want.
The food is your basic Mexico, All Inclusive fare. For us, we can always find plenty of things to love. In the real world I'm a bit of a foody.... but I get it when I'm away... Mexico is not a food destination...so find what you like and enjoy it. I for one am sure I gained a few pounds!
Anyway... Don't worry about this hotel. the location, staff, ambiance are all fantastic!
And for me.... there is nothing like that gem stone colored sea!!! It's what brings me back over and over!!!!
Have fun!

Room Tip: For us an ocean facing room was needed. We travel to Mexico time and time again to marvel at that un...
3 Thank HeyChickie
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Every year my family and my in-laws go on a trip, this year it was the Paradisus in Cancun. Hands down, best service and food! The rooms were clean and the staff was very accommodating. If you need any help, just ask for Hector Laguna Weither. He not only is polite but is just a riot to be around!

Room Tip: Pick the ocean view!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank kvzw
Danvers, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Let me start off by saying we previously stayed at Paradisus Punta Cana in Royal Service Suite and it was one of our best vacations ever which led us to choose this resort. After a two and a two and a half hour flight delay and a hectic one and a half hour adventure getting thru customs and waiting 1/2 hour to get on our airport transfer we arrived at the resort to check in around 5:30
pm. We were greeted by a sorry your room isn't ready yet - no real excuse but why don't you have a cocktail and we will try to get it ready- went back hour later still not ready - by this time I
just wanted a shower and to relax and have dinner - they offered us another room we could just
shower in and then they would move us after - I said no wanted our room and wanted to shower
and not be moved. we went to dinner - still with no room - on our way back we stopped in to
main resort check in and asked to speak with manager - I was exhausted and very upset - he made a call got us our room in royal service gave us our keys and had our luggage sent there - he apologized and told us he would email the Royal Service Manager and have him contact us
regarding the problem - we were there til Wednesday morning - NEVER heard from him!!!!!!

3 Thank Wendy M
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are so sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay. We normally receive excellent feedback about our Royal Service staff and service. We hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you and remain at your entire disposal for any assistance .

We appreciate your feedback, it will motivate us to do better.

Gracias
Midvale, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I just got back from spending 6 days/5 nights at Paradisus Cancun all-inclusive resort with my son, daughter-in-law, and grandson. What a great experience! From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated like royalty. Bianca escorted us to check-in and from there, explained the things we needed to know and helped us make our dinner reservations for the rest of the trip. Any time we ran in to her, she remembered our names and our schedule! She even made a point to say goodbye to us when we left. The food was excellent at every restaurant we went to and room service was quick and delicious. Jaime, one of our servers, went out of his way to get some cheese rolls and a specific drink and did it all with a smile. All workers at Paradisus are kind, curteous, friendly, hard-working, and do everything with a smile. It is not unusual for them to go the extra mile. Francisco was especially helpful on our departure. Rooms were beautiful and clean with large windows, sliding glass doors, and balconies. In general, the hotel was gorgeous and had an elegant, relaxed feeling. Live music was performed in many of the restaurants with the "three amigos" authentic Mexican singing group and the saxophone player being my favorites. It was always easy to find someone to answer questions as well. The pools were kept very clean. My 2-year-old grandson had a wonderful time in the 2-foot-deep pool. The beach is very close and kept clean as well. The only draw backs were that if we wanted a palapas, we would have to wake up at 6:00am to place our towels on the recliners under the palapas in order to "reserve" our spot. We had to do the same thing to "reserve" a recliner by the pool. If not, there was no place to sit. I understand they are in the process of replacing their old recliners with new recliners and should have more available by the end of March 2014. Overall, I would highly recommend this all-inclusive resort to anyone. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Just got back from a week-long stay at the Paradisus Cancun. We were booked at the Paradisus Playa del Carmen, but after the hour-long bus ride to Playa, we were told that they had over-booked and would have to send us to Cancun. We weren't happy, but made the most of it because this is a very nice resort. Nowhere near as nice as the resort in Playa that we paid for, but still more than adequate for our needs.

To start, we had an ocean view room on the 5th floor, and the view was stunning. The room itself was nice but not special, The fridge was stocked with beer and soda, but no liquor for cocktails which was disappointing as most resorts I've stayed at in the past provided whatever you wanted in your room. Our TV went out one day and it took longer than it should have to get someone up to take a look at it. And we only had one chair on our balcony, even though we could see plenty of other rooms that had two.

The food was good...not great but I didn't have any complaints. We ate at most of the restaurants and nothing stood out for being especially great or poor. Only real problem was that it was almost impossible to get reservations at a decent hour. Seriously, book your reservations EARLY if you don't want to be eating dinner at 9:30 or later.

The pool was nice & big, very good swim-up bar and it allowed you to enjoy the sun almost all day. Not even close to enough chairs, and no floats or anything to lounge around in the water. Also, it's not a big deal but the pool was really deep (I think 5+ feet) with no shallow areas besides the kids area. Not enough chairs is a pretty big negative.

Beach was very well maintained, which is a big plus for me. Again, not even close to enough chairs, but I don't mind laying down a towel in the sand so it didn't bother me. I did a fair amount of walking up and down the beach, and it seemed the Paradisus's beach was as-well or better-maintained than almost any other resorts on that strip of beach.

Service was very friendly, although things seemed disorganized. We waited 2-3 hours to get our room, with very little input as to what to do in the interim. There wasn't much of a map, or list of restaurants or spa services or pricing for excursions that I saw. I was interested in either taking a day-trip excursion or getting a massage at some point; however it was near impossible to tell what desks were for what, who worked for the resort or who was a "tour-guide pitchman", or how much things cost.

I would definitely stay at this resort again for the right price, and would recommend it to a friend as the resort was clean, the staff was friendly and the beach was gorgeous. It's not a 5-star place, but you're not paying 5-star prices so as long as you have the right expectations you should have a great time.

Room Tip: I think it's worth it to splurge for the ocean-view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Harry__Hood95
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your review providing so many details and insights. We are particularly struck by the detail that you provided future visitors to Paradisus Cancún Resort. We appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips that made your stay so memorable and special.

I've shared your comments with our team and addressed your concerns. We truly hope that you'll give us another opportunity to serve you and show you the hospitality you expect and deserve.

Kind Regards,
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I just returned from this resort last night and had a wonderful vacation. The resort is very large and has a lot to offer, but not so large you have to walk a mile to get to anything. I've probably been to 10 or so All Inclusive resorts and the food was better than expected. Most resorts your stuck with the buffet more often than not but here they gave you some extra options if you look for them, even for breakfast and lunch. Make sure to book your dinner reservations immediately each day for the following day at the nice restaurants, they do fill up. Don't fret over which ones to pick, they were all excellent and offered a great variety. Mole was our personal favorite though. The biggest surprise to me was the quality of food on the buffet and the large variety. Of course it has some stuff on there that not everyone will like, but hey, its a buffet, if you don't like what you got just get another plate and try something else. The only complaint we had on the food really was the stuff they were offering down by the pool at the tiki hut place. It wasn't good at all but no big deal, we just tossed it and moved on over to the buffet.

The lobby and main areas of the hotel are absolutely beautiful. Lots of vegetation, great lighting, and very open. We felt as though we were walking through a village surrounded by fountains and gardens. The bar in center of that was great too. Ask for Francisco and Josue. They made very creative and delicious drinks.

Pools were huge with great views of the beach and ocean. The largest pool was more of a fun atmosphere with music, dancing, swim up pool bar, etc. The pool on the north side of the property was very quiet and peaceful though so you could choose either. Tons of beach space which I noticed right away that a lot of the other resorts didn't have. Plenty of room to toss a football or play in the sand.

Service was pretty good for the most part, but even though they tell you tips are included, the service is noticeably better once they realize your willing to drop a dollar or two here and there. But that's been the same at any of the all inclusive resorts I've been to. If you don't tip they will likely take their time getting to you but the good news is that it doesn't take much.

Location is good in terms of shopping and night life. It was a $10 cab to the center of all the action. I'm guessing the resort is 3-4 miles south of it.