“Great service and Gorgeous Hotel”
Review of Paradisus Cancun

Paradisus Cancun
Ranked #23 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This Hotel was really nice, the staff was very kind, and willing to help with everything we asked...
Rooms were clean, A/C was pretty good, this is a must have, otherwise it will be a nightmare, since Cancun is really really hot during the summer season.
Great pool and beach service, the beach in front of the Hotel is gorgeous,,the Main pool is really nice, but the water on the shallow parts is to warm, due to the excessive temperature...
Food was good at the buffet salon...the other restaurants were great!!!...
On the down side, the futon on the room was a little crappy, so consider to get a second bed...

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Paradisus Cancun

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The Paradisus in Cancun was the first all inclusive trip for my boyfriend and I. We opted to upgrade to the Royal Service and I have absolutely no regrets!! Hector was our personal butler and he was pleasant and very courteous. He was very helpful in helping us get acquainted with the hotel and the concierge was useful in helping us make our dinner reservations every night. The hotel itself is gorgeous! It has the aesthetic of a mini-jungle when looking from the main lobby and all of the restaurants and rooms are very clean, well-kept and beautiful. Every inch of the hotel that I explored was beautiful. The Royal Service side of the hotel was very beautiful as it had it's own pool and cabanas for Royal Service guests.

Our first night we opted to try Mole which served Mexican cuisine. I personally did not like the food served at this restaurant but the waiter was very pleasant and the food was served very quickly. The next restaurant w tried was Bana, Japanese cuisine. The fried calamari and dipping sauce was superb and the chicken teryaki roll and shrimp tempura roll were awesome!!! The Market grill was my favorite. The grilled meats were excellent and the side dishes were well seasoned and tasty. Everyday, we ate at Naos for breakfast and popped in occasionally when we wanted a snack throughout the day. The orange juice was freshly squeezed and by far the best orange juice I have had since I was a child. The coffee was excellent and there was a wide range of breakfast items to choose from.

In the Royal Service, we were able to book our own personal cabana every day if we wanted or just hang out in the main pool or on the beach if we preferred. The pool boys, Sergio and David, were very friendly, courteous and helpful. The service at the Paradisus was, in all, excellent. Everyone was friendly and very accommodating.

I must say that the hotel was very organized in all of it's undertakings. Checking in was a breeze, so was checking out. I was very impressed by the level of organization and the excellent level of service that we received during our stay. It far exceeded my expectations. Additionally, I had a 50 minute relaxing massage at the spa and it was excellent.

I cannot wait to return to this resort. I hope that all of the people that I met during my stay will still be there when I go back. I recommend this resort highly and if I could give it more stars, I definitely would!!!

The Paradisus is a paradise on earth!!!!

Room Tip: Opt for an upgrade to Royal Service for couples who would prefer and adults only pool and a quieter...
1  Thank SonjaLB
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were moved 3 times in 5 days. I am a firm believer in judging a place on how they handle "challenges". He in lies the problem with this resort. After waiting two hours after check-in to get into our room and are reading to take showers. No hot water. Maintenance comes about 45 minutes later and he says that it is fixed now it is 6 o'clock and we have a 4 and 6 year old who are starving. we run get something to eat and come back around 8 to find there is still no hot water. They told us we could switch rooms tomorrow and take a shower in a vacant room tonight. Engineering came again in the morning and tried again to fix it. they did not. when i go to talk about the new room, they said they are going to send the concierge with me to check the water again. it was like they didn't believe me. when he confirmed that it was indeed broken, they said they could move me to a lagoon view one bedroom or an ocean view that would be available later that afternoon. we paid for an ocean view, but she told me multiple times that a one bedroom was an upgrade. we wanted an ocean view, so we said we would wait. See the attached picture of the room they moved us to around 2p.m. that day. it was old, rundown, musty smelling and had about 8 bedside tables lined up along the wall. Not at all the lovely suite they show in the pictures on the website. When i emailed the Family concierge manager a picture of the suite we were in vs. the one shown on the website, she said that we could move to a one bedroom ocean view the next day when it was available. i again was made aware that the one bedroom was an upgrade. All we wanted was what we paid for with hot water. i resented the fact that they were acting like i was lucky i was getting an upgrade. OMG, i was exhausted. We moved the next day and got a beautiful room and were so happy. i received a complimentary massage for my troubles. that night when we opened the pullout sofa for the children, it was completely broken. there were about 15 zip ties where they had tried to fix the part that the mattress sits on, but it was completely ripped to shreds. Once again at 8 o'clock at night, we had to call and get a new sofa sent to our room. Anjelica, the Family concierge manager was very sweet and i believe tried to do all she could to help, but i feel that she must have had her hands tied at some level. i have never had a resort take so long to remedy a situation. the only thing i could figure is that she has to get clearance before making any decisions to help us. the hotel did not seem very full, yet they couldn't find another oceanview room available? i just returned from another visit to cancun and now see how a luxury resort should handle problems. promptly and without hesitation. the customer is always right attitude. i felt at every turn at Paradisus that i was a "complainer" when in actuality, i should have gotten the room i paid for with hot water and not made to feel that i was getting some kind of bonus.

the overall feel at the resort was not quite what i am used to in Mexico. at times i felt that workers avoided contact as if they did not want you to ask for anything. of course there were many nice people, but i just noticed an overwhelming amount of people who looked too busy to help.

the resort has many beautiful aspects and i understand that there can be hiccups at any resort. what sets this resort apart from other "luxury" resorts, is the unfortunately slow response and the attitude towards the customer when handling them.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and we will use your comments as we constantly work to improve our guests' experience.

We hope that one day you will afford us an opportunity to restore your confidence in the Paradisus Cancún.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I had an amazing time here. This was a great birthday trip and we loved every second of it. We had the Royal Service stay and it was worth the extra money. The staff was amazing from the very beginning till the end. Alexus(Alex) was our butler and he made sure we had everything we needed. He was so helpful and more than accommodating to us. We stayed in room 5606 with a great view of the lagoon. The royal service private pool area was soooo relaxing and the staff was delightful. David and Sergio made our stay even better by reserving our choice of Bali beds everyday. They would also reserve us our choice of beds or umbrellas on the beach if we wished. They did their best at keeping our pool are as private as could be which made a bunch of the royal service guest extremely happy. Consuelo(Cello), Fransisco, and Gerordo were the best servers ever!! Anything we wanted to eat or drink they took care of us. It was great seeing them everyday of our stay. We ate at 5 of the 9 restaurants, some better than others, overall great food. My least favorite would probably be Bana the sushi restaurant. We are not big sushi eaters first off and second the wait for the food was extremely long. But, If you love sushi you would definitely love Bana. We loved Fuego! Our waiter was Jose and he was great. The food was amazing!! They have the best seafood soup I've ever had in my life! Market Grill was delicious! I do not remember our waiters name because his service was very blah and it was like he really wasn't there. We really enjoyed the food at La Palapa everyday for lunch and snack. Last but not least we ate at Naos which had really good food and great service. This would be my favorite restaurant, not for the food, but for the great service we received from Miguel(not sure is there's multiple Miguel's but he was short and bald). Miguel was AMAZING!!! He really took care of us and we loved seeing him everyday of our stay. He put together a special birthday dinner for me which was very special. He is a wonderful man and is now a new friend of ours. I already miss him dearly and would love to visit here again. We stayed for 5 nights and 6 days and out of our stay I only have 2 complaints. First off, I liked the room but the room was very small. I expected the rooms to be much bigger being that we had a great room at the Paradisus in DR which we did the royal service also. Secondly, I feel that they really need to come up with a rule for kids being out in the bar areas and enforce it. It was extremely annoying and uncomfortable drinking and trying to have a great time with kids running all around and sleeping in the bar areas. Other than that this trip was wonderful and I would have rated it as a 5 but the kid part really took me down.

Room Tip: Royal service is the best way to go if you are on a couples trip and want privacy.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We came back from Cancun 2 weeks ago, after 6 days staying at Paradisus Resort. It is not our 1st time in Cancun, but 1st time at this hotel. Overall, we had a very great vacation there and we feel like we own the hotel staff something if I don't write some good notes in here to let all of you know more about this resort, especially about its great staff.

Food, services, entertainment, and staff courtesy are all impeccable.

Family Concierge service: They greeted us warmly and provided all the information that we need, plus all extra free stuffs. They made us feel very welcome and desired! A few names here for me to thank to: Cristina, Natalia, especially Patricia (they are all very nice looking ladies by the way), and Hervick.

Food: Under the direction of Mr. Manuel R. Alvarez, they provided great food, tasty and fresh in all restaurants. For the service in the restaurants, I have to list some individual names here as compliment for their hard works:
At Naos restaurant: The team Miguel, Carlos, Juan, Benito, Diego, and Francisco surely bring you satisfaction of the money you spent.
At Fuego: Eduardo, Sosy definitely provided excellent and courteous services.
At Bana: Antonio (he is the best!) and Marco, together with the whole team there, are super nice and kind. You will feel very relaxed and enjoy the dinner with their offering services.
At Grill Market: the team members assisted our kids very kindly and our kids just loved this place to eat after hours swimming in the pool right next to it.

For entertainment: Excellent shows and activities every night. The credit should go to Mr. Mauricio Diaz. He is the manager and a very kind individual.

For Bell services, Fred, Paula (another beautiful young lady there), and Juan will help you for anything that you might need from beginning to the end of your vacation. They are so kind and helpful.

Pool bar service is also very good and fast.

However, a few things that the resort can do to improve overall, in my humble opinion:
1. The mirror in the restroom looks old and needs to be replaced. It doesn't match with the rest of the room furniture.
2. There should be mobile parasols available around the pools. That will relieve the pressure of fighting for the shade when only the fixed hub/parasol can provide in the hot sun. People can have shade where they sit and I am sure the hotel staff will make more tip by providing this service. Everyday, early in the morning, you can notice that all chairs in the shade are already occupied/reserved, even though there is not any people around!
3. Many people purposely washed their sandals, flip-flops in the pools or jumped into the pools with their very dirty feet from walking in the soil around the pools. There should be more walking surface around the pool to separate the dirty soil from it.
4. The resort should make bigger signs around the pools to remind people of maintaining the cleanliness of the pools for everybody benefits. Maybe some essential reminders should be made during the check-in process about that and warning cited to violators.

Last, but not least for sure, a couple male employees working in the customer service center, right in the lobby, on the left hand side from the main entrance, need to change their attitude toward the hotel guests. When I came in to exchange the US dollars, they treated me like I begged them for money, very disrespectful and unfriendly. I was shocked about this very much.

Anyway, we enjoyed our stay at the resort and will definitely come back in the future.

Thank you for reading this review.
Pham's family

Room Tip: Lower the level, larger the room is and less time waiting for elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We opted to stay in the Royal Service, why not for an extra few bucks. It was well-worth it! Hector, our butler, was especially helpful. I have to admit, we are used to being very self sufficient in our trips and having Hector was a treat! Before checking us in, he showed us two rooms (both ocean front) that were available, one on the 3rd floor and another on the 7th. The rooms are smaller the higher you are, due to the pyramid shape of the building. We took the 3rd floor room. The Royal Service clients are all in one pyramid with its own concierge away from the riff raff :) Also, the Royal Service means private pool and pool bar. David and Sergio, the pool guys, were very helpful with picking out choice Bali beds for us. Not next to the pool, where some chuckle heads were at, and not near the beach where the occasional beach vendors would go up to you. You can reserve the Bali beds for two days, after that you have to hope that there's one where the reservation was let go because of a no-show. No-show by noon, and that bed is relinquished. We were fortunate for those. Francisco was the waiter around the pool, he was a good solid guy. Kept the drinks coming, as well as making sure we had a bucket of ice with water bottles.

The food. We ate our breakfasts at the Royal Service area. Choices were limited here, however there was always the option of asking for room service. Our last day, we checked out Naos for breakfast (open for all guests). Better breakfast selection here, they had two (?) omelet stations (one inside and one outside at the Market Grill). We had dinner at Mole on our arrival night. Due to the excitement, we've consumed a lot of margaritas by the pool and were too drunk to form an opinion of our meal. I do remember this- the tempura avocado was not very good. The second dinner, we went to Vento. We had a bruschetta and a caprese to start with, both were good. We also had scallops (which was so-so) and Chilean sea bass (which was okay). We also had the assortment of dessert, I was too full to even eat one of the four... Third dinner, we went to Fuego. We had a very good meal here, as well as at Blue Agave (our last dinner). The tacos were outstanding at Blue Agave. And, the margarita of the day at Blue Agave were also fun. We went for drinks three times - they had a cucumber margarita, cactus margarita and guava margarita. I enjoyed that the drinks had some pulp in them, which added a different layer to it. Too many of those can definitely knock your flipflops off.

We never left the resort, with the exception of going to Champions bar next door at the Marriott. We wanted to watch a little baseball, and there are no bars in Paradisus with TVs. Aside from that, it was an otherwise perfect trip. Long stretch of beach on either direction - perfect for our morning runs each day we were there. It was far from the area where all the resorts are concentrated and mixed in with bars and shopping. While it was a mega resort, it most definitely did not have the Spring Break feel to it.

Thank you-- especially to Hector, David, Francisco and Sergio! We look forward to our next trip back.

Room Tip: The higher floors have smaller rooms due to the pyramid shape of the building.
2  Thank Pia A
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I opted to stay in the Royal Service section of Paradisus hotel and would highly recommend this choice. The standout quality of Paradisus is the service. Spending our days at the pool, Vicente, Rogelio, and Francisco truly soiled us with "The Royal Service." Vicente made sure we had a prime spot in the cabanas everyday, supplying us with SPF, fresh fruit and great conversation. Rogelio and Francisco were the most efficient and quick servers I have ever had. Despite the hot Mexican sun, they always greeted us with a smile on their face. Vicente, Rogelio, and Francisco truly made our trip a special experience.

• Stayed: June 2013