“Nice, reasonable prices and large buffets”
Review of Paradisus Cancun

Paradisus Cancun
Ranked #24 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed a week here and the place was very nice and clean - but didn't have the attention to details like the Marriott Casa Magna in Cancun. The food was good and they had buffets daily. The beach was incredible with crystal clear water and the walking distance to the center of Cancun was about 40 minutes - but they had a bus that you could take that runs up and down the strip 24 hours. The service was good - we had a problem with the safe and they rectified the issue. The hotel was booked solid and we did the tourist time share deal - where you spend an hour and get a free meal while they try to sell your a timeshare. For 90 minutes of time we got 2 bottles of tequila, a blanket, hat and 50 dollars. All in all it was OK, but nothing real fancy as compared with other hotels.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank HK2LS

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We booked this vacation through a travel agent after only seeing a few pictures online and thought "why not, looks pretty good." It looks even better than all of the pictures that we had seen. Amazing views! The view from the balcony was so fantastic that it ended up being where I proposed to fiancé and she said "Yes!" We kept saying to ourselves that it didn't even feel real to look out over the water when the sun was rising every morning.

ROOM: We had an Ocean View Jr Suite with a King bed that could have fit 5 people on it. Very comfortable and relaxing and even with our room next to the Red Lounge it was quiet and we had no problems sleeping The room was very clean and tidy. The rain shower was awesome. Altogether it was a lot more than we ever thought we could get or afford.

CHECK-IN: The check in went smoothly and we were led right to our room after a short pitch from a Time Share group-We just said we we not interested and they left us alone, no questions asked.

FOOD: Every restaurant was AMAZING but one in particular was Fuego! We were able to eat at every one (except for Tempo because that was an extra charge) and we chose Fuego to go back to and eat again. The Beef Tenderloin and Chicken with Squash and potatoes were probably the best meals we had the whole trip. The service at all of the restaurants were great but again Fuego had the best service that we had received. All in all, if we had to rank the restaurants (not including NAOS or TEMPO) it would be 1) Fuego, 2) Blue Agave Tequilleria, 3) Mole, 4) Bana, 5) Vento.
BARS/POOL/BEACH: We loved the sitting areas in the Avenue Bar and were able to watch a few storms roll in over the ocean with a drink in hand. The swim up bar was fantastic and the staff was always around to take a food or drink order. It was great to be able to order food and in 15 min be able to eat without having to leave our pool chair. Plenty of beach shade and bungalows around if the sun was getting too hot. Night life and shows were very entertaining.

CONS: -Sometimes we had some troubles getting really steaming hot water in the shower. If we ran the water for a long time we could eventually get it hot but it felt counterproductive to the Water Saving model that the hotel was promoting. Some days were fine but some days were rather lukewarm at best.
-As a younger couple, we mainly wanted to enjoy a more adult resort and there were quite a few kids that were around the bar areas of the pool and that was a little annoying. There was a family specific area but it didn't seem as if the family's stayed in that area during the day. Not a real big problem though.
-We had a few colder days with some drizzles and rain and the one thing that we would have loved to have been able to do was sit in a hot tub or Jacuzzi with the rain falling down with a drink in our hands. I understand that during the summer months and on those hot days it wouldn't get used much but on those days I think that would have been a great option to have.

Stayed Jan 20th through 26th

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Michael B
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have been to Cancun several times and still thinking is the most amazing and beautiful place to enjoy a family vacation or a second honey moon. HOWEVER my friends, please do not stay in this hotel. I stayed here from January the 4th to the 9th 2013, traveling together with a group of five other Mexican families from Monterrey Mexico and Austin Texas.

I have to tell you that I have had the beautiful experience of staying before in other Paradissus hotels in Punta Cana Republica Doninicana and in Playa del Carmen Mexico, and the comparison is like from heaven to hell.

Since our arrival, the check in process was a night mare. After several hours, I did receive my room at 6:30 pm at night, after several mistakes regarding my reservation and room assignment, Finally I got a room full of old furniture and terrible physical exterior conditions.

I asked to have an interview with the Manager, and he kindly visit my room and confirm the terrible conditions the room presented. He offered his apologies and told me that they were doing their best. I gave him a lecture regarding Business Strategy and explained him the risks of offering a promise that can not fulfilled. I guess, I was speaking in the dessert because I received the offer of another room in worst conditions that the original one.

My friends. Do not get confuse regarding the beauty of Cancun, as well the nice beach and gardens this hotel has. I can speak very well in behave of the people that gave us service. Waiters. Lifesavers and other workers were warm and kind. However they can not compensate through their effort, structural problems this hotel has. Specialty food is 3rd class quality (Brazilian food is a joke and breakfasts are ok), the rooms and exteriors are old, and the MANGERS need to be trained urgently.

By the way, careful with your children and do not leave them unattended. Sometimes the sea is rough.

Please, if you have doubts regarding visiting Can Cun, I strongly encourage you to do it.
PLEASE FIND ANOTHER OPTION FOR YOUR STAY

Regards

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank JESUSG1962
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Mr JESUSG1962,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are very disconcerted that we did not meet with your expectations at the hotel and hope that you will accept our sincere apologies . Please let me assure you that we do take all customer feedback seriously, We have already discussed your comments with the relevant members of our team and we will work together towards improving all the areas you have mentioned, as a team we work very hard to look after all our guests to ensure they enjoy their stay.

It was a pleasure to serve you and we do hope that you give us a second chance.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have been to Cancun a few times now. This was my second time staying at the hotel. We stayed from Jan 17th through 24th. It is an amazing resort! Check-in has never been a problem for us-I know there are time share people there-but we have always just stated we want to go straight to our room. Rooms: Beautiful. We had a little kitchen area with coffee maker, toaster, blender and a fridge that was restocked daily with soda, beer and water. There is also a jacuzzi tub on the patio. Food: Delicious! We did Fuego (recommend the beef tenderloin), Mole and Venga. Did buffet and rooms service the rest of the time. Bars: There is an indoor one that opens at 11 everyday, a night club, a pool bar and a beach bar. We had amazing service at all. The have staff that runs all over the beach passing out drinks and food. Pool: 3 beautiful and large pools. Beach: Best by far! I went jogging up the beach for an hour and the Paradisus has the best. There are a large number of little table/huts for shade when needed. Most places didn't have any shade. Entertainment: every night at 8pm there is a show in the common area. Very fun place for singles, couples and families! Take the bus for 80cents to downtown. Super easy!

8  Thank Lynzeelu
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just returned from a six day stay at the Paradisus Cancun and what a GREAT stay it was! From the moment my friend and I stepped on the property we were treated so special. Check-in was a breeze. There was a minor incident with the "time share" folks but we just declined them promptly and they left us alone. We got to our room, a deluxe jr. ocean view suite. It was beautiful. Very well kept and spacious for two people. And when they say "OCEAN VIEW", WOW do they mean it! The view from our balcony was STUNNING! And the beach at the resort has to be experienced to believe it. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The food was great at any of the restaurants we tried. The reservation process can be a bit of a hassle but whenever we couldn't get a reservation, we'd just go to one of the several that don't require one. The entertainment there is also first rate. There was a different floor show every night we were there and the main lounge and RED lounge were very fun and entertaining. Which brings me to Rogerio, one of the bartenders in the main lounge. He is top notch at what he does. We stopped at that bar every night and he was always so friendly, funny, and warm. And he always made sure we were well taken care of. Baltizar at NAOS restaurant is also a standout. We ate at NAOS for our very first meal and he made us feel very welcome and relaxed. One of the few things I could complain about is the WIFI. It can be inconsistant and spotty, depending on where you are at the resort. But overall, my stay at Paradisus Cancun was amazing. I really didn't want to leave when it was time to go. I highly recommend it to all and I will definitely go back for more!

6  Thank Philip K
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Don't waste your money,one of the worst hotels I've stayed in. This hotel is not about customer service, It's about selling tours and buying Time share.Took over 3 hrs. to check in,food at buffet is based on how many people are in the hotel. We were told there would be shows everynight but only 1 show in 1 wk. There was an employee in our room while we were sleeping. Only bar open during the day was outside at the pool.Our travel agent told us the travel agency bought into My Time therefore we were entitled to certain anemities,we went to our travel representative and they knew nothing about it and told us no. I found the staff to be cold and indifferent. The do not have a clue and the hotel travel representative should know what is going on for his guests that he is suppose to be representing.

7  Thank louise c
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear louise c,

Thank you for choosing Paradisus Cancún Resort as your host during your recent visit. We are humbled to have received your insightful comments, for there really is no greater way to better our services than by receiving truly vital feedback from a valued guest.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the suggestions you have provided. Please be assured that we do take all feedbacks and suggestions seriously, and we will look into them accordingly. We hope you will reconsider staying with us on your next trip to the area.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I'm actually still here we depart tomorrow. The experience is amazing. My fiancé brought me here for my 21st bday. Love it. Hotel set up is great , very clean, service is A1; they have entertaining shows every night, everything dies down by 11pm so the sleep quality is great. The location is great as well; a 10 minute drive from all the party downtown. The rooms are nice. The spa is great - high prices though. And the breakfast is good-Lunch and dinner food is good as well. I can past on fuego - wasn't too interested in that .but yes I WILL def come back. PS there party atmosphere is Awesome!!!! Crazy dance music, contests, and great ppl and tourist that makes the party CRAZY!!! They will def see this face again!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple