“"One of the best in Cancun"”
Review of Paradisus Cancun

Paradisus Cancun
Ranked #24 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have been to Cancun a few times now. This was my second time staying at the hotel. We stayed from Jan 17th through 24th. It is an amazing resort! Check-in has never been a problem for us-I know there are time share people there-but we have always just stated we want to go straight to our room. Rooms: Beautiful. We had a little kitchen area with coffee maker, toaster, blender and a fridge that was restocked daily with soda, beer and water. There is also a jacuzzi tub on the patio. Food: Delicious! We did Fuego (recommend the beef tenderloin), Mole and Venga. Did buffet and rooms service the rest of the time. Bars: There is an indoor one that opens at 11 everyday, a night club, a pool bar and a beach bar. We had amazing service at all. The have staff that runs all over the beach passing out drinks and food. Pool: 3 beautiful and large pools. Beach: Best by far! I went jogging up the beach for an hour and the Paradisus has the best. There are a large number of little table/huts for shade when needed. Most places didn't have any shade. Entertainment: every night at 8pm there is a show in the common area. Very fun place for singles, couples and families! Take the bus for 80cents to downtown. Super easy!

8  Thank Lynzeelu

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just returned from a six day stay at the Paradisus Cancun and what a GREAT stay it was! From the moment my friend and I stepped on the property we were treated so special. Check-in was a breeze. There was a minor incident with the "time share" folks but we just declined them promptly and they left us alone. We got to our room, a deluxe jr. ocean view suite. It was beautiful. Very well kept and spacious for two people. And when they say "OCEAN VIEW", WOW do they mean it! The view from our balcony was STUNNING! And the beach at the resort has to be experienced to believe it. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The food was great at any of the restaurants we tried. The reservation process can be a bit of a hassle but whenever we couldn't get a reservation, we'd just go to one of the several that don't require one. The entertainment there is also first rate. There was a different floor show every night we were there and the main lounge and RED lounge were very fun and entertaining. Which brings me to Rogerio, one of the bartenders in the main lounge. He is top notch at what he does. We stopped at that bar every night and he was always so friendly, funny, and warm. And he always made sure we were well taken care of. Baltizar at NAOS restaurant is also a standout. We ate at NAOS for our very first meal and he made us feel very welcome and relaxed. One of the few things I could complain about is the WIFI. It can be inconsistant and spotty, depending on where you are at the resort. But overall, my stay at Paradisus Cancun was amazing. I really didn't want to leave when it was time to go. I highly recommend it to all and I will definitely go back for more!

6  Thank Philip K
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Don't waste your money,one of the worst hotels I've stayed in. This hotel is not about customer service, It's about selling tours and buying Time share.Took over 3 hrs. to check in,food at buffet is based on how many people are in the hotel. We were told there would be shows everynight but only 1 show in 1 wk. There was an employee in our room while we were sleeping. Only bar open during the day was outside at the pool.Our travel agent told us the travel agency bought into My Time therefore we were entitled to certain anemities,we went to our travel representative and they knew nothing about it and told us no. I found the staff to be cold and indifferent. The do not have a clue and the hotel travel representative should know what is going on for his guests that he is suppose to be representing.

7  Thank louise c
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear louise c,

Thank you for choosing Paradisus Cancún Resort as your host during your recent visit. We are humbled to have received your insightful comments, for there really is no greater way to better our services than by receiving truly vital feedback from a valued guest.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the suggestions you have provided. Please be assured that we do take all feedbacks and suggestions seriously, and we will look into them accordingly. We hope you will reconsider staying with us on your next trip to the area.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I'm actually still here we depart tomorrow. The experience is amazing. My fiancé brought me here for my 21st bday. Love it. Hotel set up is great , very clean, service is A1; they have entertaining shows every night, everything dies down by 11pm so the sleep quality is great. The location is great as well; a 10 minute drive from all the party downtown. The rooms are nice. The spa is great - high prices though. And the breakfast is good-Lunch and dinner food is good as well. I can past on fuego - wasn't too interested in that .but yes I WILL def come back. PS there party atmosphere is Awesome!!!! Crazy dance music, contests, and great ppl and tourist that makes the party CRAZY!!! They will def see this face again!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amore G
Reviewed January 24, 2013

4 of my friends and I stayed in building 5 which included the royal service. Check in was a problem because they couldnt find one of the rooms reservations. After that, however, it was wonderful. the staff was incredibly helpful and nice. The restaurants were great and we had an outstanding time at the Red Lounge. The beach was clean, rooms were clean, and would definitely go back!! Beautiful resort!1

6  Thank Virgep
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was a nightmare from the very begining, took almost 30 min to check in 2 rooms with nobody else but us at the reception. The quality of the food was very poor, not to mention uncooked rise and very limited options for dinner. Nobody told us where our rooms where located at a different tower therefore it was impossible to locate our rooms. Now after a whole week since we stayed there I haven´t received my bill, I have been calling eveyday for this situation but yet I have not had any answer. Trust me this is a very bad option for accomodation in cancun, the price if extreamly high for what you are getting, I will strongly recommend other hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank cpavilag
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Mr.cpavilag

Thank you for choosing us, we appreciate your candid review and Thank you for informing us why we did not meet your expectations.

We apologize, we're always looking for new perspectives about our hotel and our appearance. We never want to be anything less than helpful or honest with our guests and we're reviewing your comments to ensure we're doing all we can to exceed expectations. Your feedback is critical in helping us to improve our levels of service.

We would like to find out your dates of stay and room number in order to investigate about your bill. This is an unusual case because our process is very fast. Please contact us.

We hope you come back to see our improvements.

Gracias

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'd stayed for 7 days at the Paradisus Cancun. At the beginning, I was kind of worried for some reviews I found around from other users, but, then we arrived to the hotel and my whole perception was renewed. Since my last visit to the hotel I can say that there has been a completely renovation of the hotel. They were still making some progress at the lobby, but the good disposition of the staff, makes you feel as welcome as home.
Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom is also spacious and very clean. The bed was one thing that if I could take it home, I would have done. Hard in the right places and comfortable....
Very rich and tasty international cuisine, you could spend an entire week just tasting each one of the speciality restaurants at the hotel, particularly I love mediterranean food, and I found the best around at Tempo. My tacos with mole also were fantastic at the mexican restaurant!!! With each dinner I became more spoiled.
Regarding to the Yhi Spa... Big WOW!!! The last time I did experience such comfortable full body massage was during my last trip to Tokyo, I must say that it's a full five sense experience, I definitively recommend it!!
Negative experiences: Well, there were some rainy days... but what could I say? I did spend it at the Spa.
My expectations were low; my experience was among the best: Congratulations from the heart!

Room Tip: Beach front: Sunrise + pool view. Laguna front: Amazing sunset view. **Best margaritas: Coco´s bar...