“Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York, New York, United States
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I'm actually still here we depart tomorrow. The experience is amazing. My fiancé brought me here for my 21st bday. Love it. Hotel set up is great , very clean, service is A1; they have entertaining shows every night, everything dies down by 11pm so the sleep quality is great. The location is great as well; a 10 minute drive from all the party downtown. The rooms are nice. The spa is great - high prices though. And the breakfast is good-Lunch and dinner food is good as well. I can past on fuego - wasn't too interested in that .but yes I WILL def come back. PS there party atmosphere is Awesome!!!! Crazy dance music, contests, and great ppl and tourist that makes the party CRAZY!!! They will def see this face again!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Amore G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,942)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Wadsworth, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

4 of my friends and I stayed in building 5 which included the royal service. Check in was a problem because they couldnt find one of the rooms reservations. After that, however, it was wonderful. the staff was incredibly helpful and nice. The restaurants were great and we had an outstanding time at the Red Lounge. The beach was clean, rooms were clean, and would definitely go back!! Beautiful resort!1

6 Thank Virgep
mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was a nightmare from the very begining, took almost 30 min to check in 2 rooms with nobody else but us at the reception. The quality of the food was very poor, not to mention uncooked rise and very limited options for dinner. Nobody told us where our rooms where located at a different tower therefore it was impossible to locate our rooms. Now after a whole week since we stayed there I haven´t received my bill, I have been calling eveyday for this situation but yet I have not had any answer. Trust me this is a very bad option for accomodation in cancun, the price if extreamly high for what you are getting, I will strongly recommend other hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank cpavilag
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Mr.cpavilag

Thank you for choosing us, we appreciate your candid review and Thank you for informing us why we did not meet your expectations.

We apologize, we're always looking for new perspectives about our hotel and our appearance. We never want to be anything less than helpful or honest with our guests and we're reviewing your comments to ensure we're doing all we can to exceed expectations. Your feedback is critical in helping us to improve our levels of service.

We would like to find out your dates of stay and room number in order to investigate about your bill. This is an unusual case because our process is very fast. Please contact us.

We hope you come back to see our improvements.

Gracias
Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'd stayed for 7 days at the Paradisus Cancun. At the beginning, I was kind of worried for some reviews I found around from other users, but, then we arrived to the hotel and my whole perception was renewed. Since my last visit to the hotel I can say that there has been a completely renovation of the hotel. They were still making some progress at the lobby, but the good disposition of the staff, makes you feel as welcome as home.
Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom is also spacious and very clean. The bed was one thing that if I could take it home, I would have done. Hard in the right places and comfortable....
Very rich and tasty international cuisine, you could spend an entire week just tasting each one of the speciality restaurants at the hotel, particularly I love mediterranean food, and I found the best around at Tempo. My tacos with mole also were fantastic at the mexican restaurant!!! With each dinner I became more spoiled.
Regarding to the Yhi Spa... Big WOW!!! The last time I did experience such comfortable full body massage was during my last trip to Tokyo, I must say that it's a full five sense experience, I definitively recommend it!!
Negative experiences: Well, there were some rainy days... but what could I say? I did spend it at the Spa.
My expectations were low; my experience was among the best: Congratulations from the heart!

Room Tip: Beach front: Sunrise + pool view. Laguna front: Amazing sunset view. **Best margaritas: Coco´s bar...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank John J
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Mr. John J

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let the Yhi Spa, Tempo by Martin Berasatequi and Tacos Staff know that they helped you have a great experience with us.

All of us at the Paradisus Cancún Resort are passionate about hospitality and we were pleased to see you noticed.

Thank you for choosing us, we hope to see you again soon.

Oakland, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Paradisus Resort in Cancun was a wonderful experience form the moment we pulled up to the hotel. Everyone from the Concierges, the Entertainment Staff, the Waiters and Housekeepers kept a wonderful happy vibe the whole time we were there. Everyone made us feel so welcomed and kept us informed about all the activities that were going on through out our stay. We loved the entertainment at the Avenue bar each night as well as the Salsa lessons! Great stay, great memories and great friends, we will be back soon!

NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Just returned yesterday from a 5 night getaway and it was so much fun. I had stayed here a while back when it was Gran Melia and liked it a lot. As a paradisus, I loved it all over again. The lobby is gorgeous with the greenery, the rooms are nice, food was great (didnt have a single bad meal...we loved vento, fuego, and Bana), The service and staff were so nice and accommodating, we could go on and on. Mauricio with the Entertainment and Activity staff does a great job with his team in making sure the shows and music are always fun and exciting (each ngiht at 8pm at Avenue bar there is a show. One night was an amazing breakdancing show, another night they had the celebrity look-a-like performers from Coco Bongos come so we saw Michael Jackson, Beyonce, and LMFAO) and the activities during the day keep you entertained and busy if you choose to participate. They aren't pushy in making you do anything you don't want too. During the day, we did everything from beach volleyball and soccer with Diego,Jose, and Javier (they are with the entertainment staff and are awesome people) to Salsa dancing classes and sushi making classes. The bars staff was great too. Alexander in the pool bar is a great guy and does a good job! Our room was really nice, Ocean View deluxe room, with a nice big balcony. It was a great vacation and we cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: spring for an ocean view. the sunrise is amazing and def worth it. The view is great 24/7
5 Thank Jimboslice
Dear Mrs. Jimboslice

Thank you for your review!

We have shared your comments with the Entertainment Team in particular, Mauricio, Diego, Jose y Javier and Alexander at the pool bar. We are pleased to hear that our staff making your stay memorable and enjoyable.

Thank you for Choosing us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Such great value! Rooms are nice, stunning waterfall shower :) all inclusive was a treat, no complaints about the food or service. All you can drink at pool bar was so much fun, made friends by the pool - even had a photo shoot on the beach - i can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed May 2012
6 Thank Hali1986
Dear Hali1986,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and all of its amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you home!