“Fabulous experience, worth the money!”

Snorkeling Adventures
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked through Sun & Sands vacations in the Plaza Flamingo shopping area with Luis Mora (who I highly recommend)!! We loved this!! I've been snorkeling a few times but this was by far the best area w the best guides. My husband had never been so of course he loved it! You do have to have BIODEGRADEABLE sunscreen (you can't wear the regular sunscreen bc it hurts the coral) You can buy some there but it's like $15 USD. There's also a $3 national park fee you have to pay- bring exact bills if possible bc they may not have change.
Our guide was Mosquito who was wonderful! Our photographer was Isreal who took wonderful pictures! You can take your own underwater camera but he's also there to take pictures of you which aren't too badly priced. $15/picture or they have bundle deals.

The first stop is in deeper water but you see more fish on the second stop- shallower water. The coral is within touch of you but you can't touch the coral. Still was really neat!
I got pretty tired swimming bc the current was strong but I held my husbands hand the whole time so I floated w him at times :)

There are newer reviews for Snorkeling Adventures

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We booked the full day trip through our resort. We got picked up a little early and the driver was nice, however he did not speak English, so no good conversation on the trip. Not horrible, just a note. We got there before the rest of the other groups so we had to hang out and wait. The bathrooms were pretty nasty and the wind blew the smell into the area of the gift shop and where you get your gear. The smell got worse through the day.

Probably the part that made us the most uncomfortable was there was a large Spanish group that came for a gathering of some kind. They were called the Spanish Speaking group and we were the English speaking group. They had a Spanish speaking musical group there for them and lead them in all sorts of dances and such and they served them different/better food than what we got. It just felt like we were second class as the staff treated them differently than us.

The snorkeling was good. Water clarity was excellent. No big fish but lots of tropicals. The third excursion after lunch was a little tough as it was long and lots of swimming against the current.

Overall, it was probably the circumstance of the other group, but others in the English speaking group felt exactly the same way, second class.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We booked this through our resort on a whim and had a great experience overall. The driver picked us up at our resort on time and took us to the park. We had been told we should bring biodegradable sunscreen and $3 per person for the park admission so we felt prepared and ready to go. The first trip was in deeper water and most folks didn't see much. The coolest thing, though, was when a giant stingray came flying up from the ground and swam off away from us. It was absolutely huge! The second trip was shallower and had a lot more fish to see. After the second trip we had a delicious lunch and good time to relax on the beach. The third trip was also in shallow water and we saw a ton of different types of fish. We had a good time overall and would recommend this place to anyone else. While it's a bit expensive, it is really no hassle and makes for an easy and fun day. The only down side is that you are required to use biodegradable sunscreen which comes off immediately. We were really burnt at the end of the day. Not the company's fault but I would recommend wearing more clothes like a wet suit or swim shirt or shorts to help minimize sun exposure.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Overall, the attraction was good. We bought it through the agency who did our transportation and it came highly recommended. However, we did one like this similar in Dominican Republic and I have to say that this one was no comparison. There was an abundance of fish in the shallow area -- which was wonderful but if you stop to take 2 pictures with an underwater camera you can easily lose your group. I literally stopped to take 2 photos of these beautiful blue and yellow fish and when I came back up -- my entire group was about 10 feet in front of me and I could not catch up. They went to an area that one of the other tour guides said was very dangerous because it is where the ocean meets the reef and you can get pulled in or hit yourself on coral. Well, needless to say I stood right where I was and waited for my group to come back. This is NOT that great of a attraction for beginners in my opinion -- at least not with the boat/group I was with. Also, I did not care much for the shallow area, I hit my foot twice on coral and tried floating on my back but had to be pushed away because I almost scrapped my back on coral. Be aware -- when you get there is a government fee of $3 per person has to be in bills no coins & your sunscreen/lotion has to be BIODEGRADABLE. If its not, you cant go in the water and have to buy their sunscreen which is $15 US. It was a nice day but I thought it was a waste of my time personally.

2  Thank Jasmine A
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife myself and 3 other friends did this tour in mid March. Our tour guide was Juan. Juan was an amazing tour guide, you could really tell he takes pride in his job. From the first moment he picked up up he was pure entertainment. He really knew his history of the region as well as made a person feel like they were wanted. The tour was beautiful we enjoyed everything, we especially enjoyed the sinkhole. Such a beautiful natural site. The food was also delicious. The ocean was rough that day but Juan still showed us some beautiful snorkelling areas within the bay.
All in all the best tour guide i'v had on an excursion and the best snorkelling adventure i have been a part of. Thanks for the memories. From a friendly Canadian Group

1  Thank kerry f