“not for everyone”

Cancun Temazcal
Ranked #11 of 55 Spas & Wellness in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Temazcal is a traditional Indian bath-house. It is the only Indian ritual which has been practiced up to our days. Before the conquest for the majority of Indian tribes Temazcal served as both, a bath-house and a clinic.You are invited to participate in the exotic ancient ritual. Scorching volcanic stones serve as a source of healing heat, which is being enriched with exclusively selected herbs. The strong aromatic effect along with a process of cleansing of your organism from the toxins creates a special condition of relaxation.We also organize beautiful Prehispanic weddings or vowels renewal. The scenary is perfect for any of these.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My experience was ok. However not the kind of experience that I recommend to everyone.If you have heart problems or claustrophobia, better not do

2  Thank Ursi F

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've visited this place without any expectations or reservations and boy was I in for a surprise. This was absolutely unique and personal experience which has not only made me think about the peopie I've got in my life but also about the way that said life was heading. Not to mention the anger/stress release. Although you can do it with a significant other I'd highly recommend doing this ritual on your own, so that your judgement and the whole experience are clear and objective.

3  Thank Vasiliy K
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I always wanted to take this adventure; after doing so, I can tell that it not only helps you feel great but it is such an amazing experience that I'll never forget. I'll do it again without a doubt.
The place was very clean, people were nice and professionals, very nice atmosphere and the food was great.

1  Thank Alvin B
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I never can pretend what I receive after Temazcal in Cancun, I never did something like this.Shaman firstly made the fire and ritual to ask the permission of the nature, it was dark around and it made more special the ritual.It was a good chance join to mayan tradition and good sauna for the body than, everything is natural and feelings like you start new parte of your life.To recoomend to everybody to try!!!

1  Thank Juliana S