“from the first moment i felt my heart open”
Review of Cancun Temazcal

Cancun Temazcal
Ranked #11 of 53 Spas & Wellness in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Temazcal is a traditional Indian bath-house. It is the only Indian ritual which has been practiced up to our days. Before the conquest for the majority of Indian tribes Temazcal served as both, a bath-house and a clinic.You are invited to participate in the exotic ancient ritual. Scorching volcanic stones serve as a source of healing heat, which is being enriched with exclusively selected herbs. The strong aromatic effect along with a process of cleansing of your organism from the toxins creates a special condition of relaxation.We also organize beautiful Prehispanic weddings or vowels renewal. The scenary is perfect for any of these.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 1, 2012

i find it not easy to describe what i happening in the heart when i been asked to put it in words
to visit to see to sit and to sing its amizing lots of nature been kept to bring all around in your self
thanks for keeping and welcoming me

2  Thank aviv g

Reviewed August 27, 2012

LOVED IT! We would do this again in a heart beat. This is truly a unique and local experience. A local tradition made available for tourists as well. A complete mind, body and soul experience that leaves you feeling great. The local guide/staff was great as well.

2  Thank goodi37
Reviewed August 2, 2012

It was like stepping back hundreds of years in time, something wonderfully ancient about this immersion.

When you close your eyes, you could truly be back in pre-Spanish days, the words and ceremony feel rooted in a long and magical tradition.

I learned that the Indians use these sites for many important ceremonies, which added a sense of sanctity and wisdom to my experience. Truly, here is something holy and uplifting.

Even if you go 'just to see', I challenge you not to find this a deeply moving experience.

2  Thank Nathan L
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We came to Cancun to have our wedding in such beautiful place. Our friend recommended us to try The Temazcal to purify our relationship It was unforgettable experience and I suggest it to everyone!

3  Thank OlgaLiya
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Loved it!! Never experienced anything like it. An amazing form of relaxation with a taste of the incredible Mayan culture. Second time for me for sure!!! (when I will be back in paradise)

2  Thank natali l