12,497 results
All reviews market cafe bluewater grill preferred club sea salt piano bar preferred level secrets resort the blue water grill preferred room entertainment team dragons restaurant olio restaurant coffee bar honeymoon suite greeted with champagne private pool steak
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have nothing but amazing things to say about our stay here at The Vine.
First of all the hotel is exactly what we were looking for. Clean, spacious, easy to roam around.
Second: food it was very very good. We usually get so tired of the all inclusive food by the 4-5th day.. Not this time!! they have so many options here and if they dont have it they make it for you.
Last but not least the amazing team that you will encounter at this resort!!WOW 10/10. They make you feel like their priority. Always with a big smile and warm welcome.
I was sick for a couple of days and they pampered me like if i was part of their family. Susarey from the breakfast buffet, Arely at the omelet station,Valeria from the Mexican restaurant and Itzel the pool waitress BIG THANK YOU !!you girls won our hearts. Because what you girls do you do it with so much love and us as guests we feel it.
Thank you to all the Caffe bar girls (Dayana thank you for the Conchas) you girls make the impossible possible.!
Also Mr. William from The mexican Restaurant, Boris from Dragons restaurants and Pedro from the breakfast buffet thank you for all your kind service during this amazing 7 days stay.

Some constructive feedback!! It will be great to find a way to make the beach beds more comfortable.

2  Thank Tatyb25
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were in the Deluxe Ocean Front Rm. #1730. And while it was a very nice room and location, I would've liked a lower floor (1130?1230? 1330?)

For starters, the hotel security monitored and documented all movement in and out of the resort- no shady individuals to be concerned with. Also, the hotel was prestine in cleanliness. We were warmly greeted at the front door with champagne on day one. And for the next five days, the staff couldn't have been more kinder, thoughtful caring of helpful.

Al of the restaurants were amazing...especially the Market Cafe'. Id like to thank the Consierge staff especially Veronica, along with Chef Estrera who was kind enough to spend her personal time one evening to make me a copy of a recipe of a dish that I loved (in Mexican and English!)

Bartender Eulysses? (sorry if I spell your name incorrectly) This is Juan...Juanito!! Thank you for all the laughs. Mi amigo Dennis and I, really enjoyed ourselves. Also, Lucy who waited on us poolside.....just about every 10min. with fabulous drinks

Lastly, Angelica who assisted me with our boarding passes, and the trip back home. How befitting the name??

Cant say enough about this luxurious hotel. However, the staff is what truly made it a memorable experience. We love you guys! I hope you and your families stay healthy and happy. And we hope to see you all again very soon.

-Juan and Dennis

4  Thank 7,525
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I stayed at Secrets The Vine Cancun for 4 nights in mid-September to celebrate our birthdays. I’ve visited Cancun before and stayed at Live Aqua. I have also stayed at other all-inclusive resorts in Punta Cana, DR and Aruba. This was my boyfriend’s first time at an all-inclusive, so he was thoroughly blown away by the resort grounds, the rooms, the food, drinks, and service. My review is slightly tainted by my prior experiences at all-inclusive resorts, and probably more so tainted by the hundreds of reviews I read for STV prior to booking.

Before we booked, I spent days reading reviews on 2-3 resorts we had narrowed down. STV seemed superior to the others mainly because of the service. While I did not have any bad service experiences while at STV, I don’t recall any outstanding service moments. I read reviews about people feeling like “kings and queens” based on the service, and others mentioning the staff knowing them on a first name basis, and just all around outstanding service. I did not upgrade to a preferred room, so maybe this is why I didn’t feel the stellar service. It certainly wasn’t because of lack of tipping, because I did not skimp there. Live Aqua’s atmosphere is very similar to STV… Beautiful resort, great a la carte restaurants, and their service. At Live Aqua, a few employees did remember our names and came to check on us daily. I would’ve loved that touch at STV. Again, we didn’t have any bad service. Just not much that was memorable.

There were a few people at the resort who were very friendly. We did a cooking class with the chef one day. That was a very fun experience thanks to Chef Humberto, and Maria and Angel from the Entertainment team. At the pool bar, Alejandro was super friendly. Lastly, at the spa, my boyfriend and I got couples massages. I don’t remember the names of two ladies that gave our massages, but they were great! Those two ladies were the exception to the “okay service” we experienced.

The other thing that sort of tainted my overall experience at STV was the Concierge. Three days before arrival, I reached out to Concierge about a room request to face the Hard Rock side. They responded that they’d let Reception know, but nothing could be guaranteed. (The room request was not fulfilled, FYI. But that’s not the issue.) Concierge emailed back asking if we were celebrating anything. I told them yes, my birthday on the 16th and my boyfriend’s birthday is on the 17th. I told them that I would be bringing a small gift for my boyfriend, a sweater and a book. I asked if I could hand it off to someone there when I arrived and if they could deliver it to our room on the day of his birthday with a dessert or a balloon. Viridiana in Concierge responded by sending me a brochure for their special amenities packages I could purchase, ranging from $165-$200+USD. I wasn’t looking to purchase expensive champagne for him. Simply wanted a dessert and his gift delivered to our room as a surprise for him. I didn’t follow up while at the resort because he and I were together the entire time and the surprise would’ve been ruined. So I just sat the gift on the bed for him while he was in the shower. He still loved it, but the experience was diminished for me. It’s even more upsetting that the response was an amenities package when I had already pre-purchased my massage prior to sending over this request (nearly $200 for 50 minutes massage). Also, I didn’t know it at the time, but my friends had already purchased a champagne package to be delivered to our room as a surprise on my birthday. With all this money we had already spent with STV, delivering my boyfriend’s gift with a little dessert should have not been an issue.

I listed a few more pros and cons of STV below.
Pros:
- Gorgeous resort, inside and out. Very clean all the time.
- Breakfast buffet had tons of options. Dinner restaurants were amazing! We only tried Bluewater, Dragons, and Nebbiolo.
- Vine Café with coffee drinks and snacks 24/7
- Security – Came back from Coco Bongo at 4 am and security came right out to our cab, verified our name and room number and let us in.
- Evening turndown service was a nice touch.

Cons:
- Sporadic poolside entertainment, but would be much better if one pool had some music playing during the day. Very quiet and uneventful a lot of the time.
- Barefoot Grill – Nice to have some lunch options outside by the pool, but the bar that the food was on was trampled over by birds constantly. I saw birds flying off with French fries so many times. Definitely not the cleanest thing.
- Bathrooms in the hotel room – While pretty, offers zero privacy. The all glass stall does not shield any sound. I actually think it amplified the sound throughout the room. My boyfriend and I are very comfortable with each other, but I still made him go sit on the balcony when I needed to do my business.
- Drinks – I didn’t have an issue with the amount of alcohol in the drinks because I could request doubles, but the flavor just wasn’t there on a lot of the drinks. Mojitos tasted like rum and water, barely any mint or lime flavor. Same with the frozen drinks. Could taste alcohol, sugar, and water. Not sure why, but fruity flavors were lacking.

All that being said, it was an awesome trip. My boyfriend had an amazing time, so I did too. My issues with the customer service didn’t diminish the trip for me, but it is why STV only gets 4 stars from me, and not 5. I’ll definitely be back to Cancun, but not sure if I’d return to STV given that there are so many other options. I would recommend STV to others who haven’t stalked the reviews and given themselves really high expectations. Lol.

4  Thank Felecia216
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent hotel, with a 5 star staff, with very special recognition for our butler Diego on the 21st floor. Excellent food, great variety of drinks in all restaurants and bars. I recommend this hotel 100%.

1  Thank 95alcidess
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The wife and I had a busy day and needed to refuel for dinner. Moises at the Dragon restaurant provides great recommendations for our dinner including a really great coffee drink. Will be back for sure!

2  Thank Haggy641