60 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 08/25/22
Official Site
$587
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
yescapade.com
$431
Booking.com$621
Hotels.com$588
Lol.travel$660
15,628 results
All reviews market cafe bluewater grill preferred club sea salt piano bar the dragon preferred level the blue water grill secrets resort dragons restaurant entertainment team preferred room olio restaurant honeymoon suite coffee bar our waiter private pool
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

I loved it, from servers to the room everything was excellent, since day one our waiter was fausto in the market cafe he was excellent, then Paul Castillo was just awesome he took the time to explain and responded all of our questions, he was just great!! Our last night there we had dinner at the blue water grill our waiter was Javier cua and Jorge they where just great, every person when an extra mile to make us feel welcome. Loved it.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sofia r
SecretsTheVine, e-Concierge at Secrets The Vine Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2019

Dear Sofia r:

We thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure being your hosts during your Birthday.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed everything we have to offer, thank you for highlighting the special service of our staff. Please be certain we will share your comments with all our team members.

We would like to have you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed May 6, 2019

My girlfriend and I had the opportunity to stay at this incredible resort the weekend of April 26. Within the first couple second we were greeted with smiling faces and some free champagne. My girl and I, after checking in, we went over to the outdoor bars on the ground floor. There we had the pleasure of meeting Alex and Pablo, they were fridge awesome! Not only that prior to Ingrid and I walking up to the bar they were dealing with a couple super drunk tourists with the utmost professionalism, patience, and never dropped their smiles. We got to meet them and stayed out talking to them until the bar closed the first evening. Super down to earth and genuine guys the both of them, Ingrid and I made it a point to visit the bar they were working at again to share a few more stories before we checked out of the resort. The evening after Ingrid and I chose to do the Romantic beachside dinner, the Lambchops were bangin! It was there we met Gonzalo and Enrique. Gonzalo lead us down to the sand where Enrique was waiting for us at our table. The dinner was delicious and the service was great. I would like to add that I had requested a couple shots of a delicious tequila Secrets had, unfortunately they only sold it by the bottle which I wasn't looking to purchase a whole bottle. At this point I had requested to see if it was possible and Gonzalo and Enrique both truly went out of their way to see if I could get those shots. It stood out to Ingrid and I how they truly wanted to help and tried everything they could to get us those shots. Unfortunately they could not get us those shots. Side note, didn't make sense that we couldn't buy those shots if we were willing to pay, Secrets if you're reading this, give you clients that option, it gives more freedom to your customers and you'll make more money selling by shots if requested $$. The next morning Ingrid and I went to the Market Cafe where we had the best passionfruit dessert, the breads, the unique sushi, damn it was good! At the Market Cafe we met Susarey, sweet lady that as soon as we sat down she immediately walked up and introduced herself with the biggest smile! Immediately Ingrid and I felt welcome, we struck up great conversation with Ms Susarey and she gave us great pointers of local places we should visit! We missed out on going to Mambo cafe but we'll go next time Susarey! The final night we stayed on Sunday we went to the Latin Show you all had near the pool and it was a good time with great music! After that a gentleman Rodrigo Orozco introduced himself and struck up casual conversation and asked us where we were gonna eat. Ingrid and I couldn't imagine how great this next part of our trip was gonna be! Rodrigo then told us we HAD to go eat at Nebiolo, honestly it was such a relief because there were so many options and Rodrigo's recommendation came very welcome! He then went the extra mile and personally introduced Ingrid and I to Danton the head chef for the night and our waiter Arturo. I won't forget that, thank you so much Rodrigo, that simple gesture of a personal introduction went miles for Ingrid and I. Oh and not only that, I was really in the mood for a good Old Fashioned ( hadn't had one all weekend) and Rodrigo went to go the bar upstairs and got a premier whisky/scotch and requested personally the bartender to make me an Old Fashioned, cheers Rodrigo you deserve to be recognized for that amount of care and attention to detail! After Rodrigo left, Danton stayed by our table and told us a little bit about this path to becoming chef, super interesting, my mans has even competed! Which brings me to my next point, the Risotto....holy $%it!! No exaggeration, that was the best Risotto Ingrid and I had EVER HAD. It was Chef Danton's personal creation, it was a Risotto with mushrooms and it was the perfect balance of savory and light. He personally recommended that plate and also the lasagna, both were delicious. It made Ingrid and I feel great knowing that the Chef took the time to introduce himself and give us the opportunity to hear directly from him what's what on the menu. My regard to Chef Danton! Throughout the rest of the spectacular dinner Arturo always checked in and truly made us feel welcome and even though, my girl and I always stay extra long at dinners, Arturo did not rush us out at all. Quite the contrary they made it seem like we should've stayed longer even though they closed what must've been an hour prior to that. All in all this trips was B-E-A-U-TIFUL not just because the hotel is gorgeous and the food is awesome, but most importantly because of the incredible staff we had the pleasure of meeting. Everyone we met was very kind and helpful but these folks were truly the ones that went out of their way and stuck out in our minds! Thank you again Pablo, Alex, Danton, Arturo, Rodrigo Orozco, Susarey, Enrique, y Gonzalo!!!! I hope to see you all soon again!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank ccaballe91

Dear Ccaballe91:

We would like to thank you for selecting us to be the host of your Mexican getaway. it is pleasant to read such enthusiastic comments. We feel very grateful to read all the names of our staff members, which made your experience to be breathtaking.

At Secrets The Vine Cancun we pride ourself with the personalized service that what makes us different, we try to pamper all your needs and care about your security and well-being. We could not be happier to know that we made your vacation unbeatable.

We look forward to having you back real soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2019

This was our second trip to this Secrets and enjoyed our stay even more than the first time. All of the staff we encountered went above and beyond to make our stay excellent. The service by the pool was wonderful. We enjoyed all the restaurants we tried, Italian and Asian being our favorite two. We had a Jr. Suite, smallest of the suites but does give you some extra space (and a second closet) which we appreciated.

Itzel and Martha at the pool were excellent, went above and beyond to take care of us. Fer at the pool was wonderful, he was quite entertaining the day he took care of 8 of us. Daisey was a great housekeeper to have all week.

Room tip: Spend the extra money for at least a Jr. suite. Understand the difference between ocean view and ocean front so you are not disappointed.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tanker139
SecretsTheVine, e-Concierge at Secrets The Vine Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2019

Dear Tanker139:

Thank you for selecting Secrets The Vine Cancun as you host for your getaway and for your preference to our brand. We feel happy to know that we can exceed your expectations every time, with everything we have to offer.

We look forward to having you back for the 3rd time in the nearest future.

Reviewed May 6, 2019

Our Butler, Gorge, was absolutely amazing!! He went above and beyond to make sure our trip was perfect. He was a delight to work with. He always had a smile and was always there to help. He is truly an asset to the resort!!
Our housekeeper, Luliema, was wonderful too. She kept our suite looking great!

Date of stay: March 2019
4  Thank Inspire34470353423

Dear Guest:

Thank you for selecting Secrets The Vine to host your getaway.

We appreciate your comments about your experience such as your special mention of your butler's service Gorge.

All our Resorts staff are part of the essence of our brand. We are looking forward to having you back in the nearest future.

Best Regards.

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

We stayed in the master suite ocean view room for 1 week and was spectacular. We do not like all-inclusive resorts but this one is different. No tacky wristbands, good quality food, no reservations needed for restaurants, mature crowd, 24hr room service and large rooms!

First of all the room had amazing views of both the lagoon and ocean with huge wrap around corner balcony. We even saw fireworks every night! It had 2 full washrooms and 2 separate living areas. This is not like other resorts where it feels like a college dorm which is much appreciated. It takes luxury and elegance to another level. The resort and surrounding area is surprisingly quiet which we loved, don’t expect to come here from night life or spring breakers... it’s not that type of resort. However, you can take a short bus ride into town where all the action is.

All the staff was super friendly but here are the few that made a lasting impression with us and is a great asset to STV:

Mitchell and Cesar from market cafe- they are an amazing team and deserve recognition!! Extremely hard working and takes time to get to know the guests. We always looked forward to seeing them every morning and made our stay perfect down to the small details. They always had my watermelon juice ready before I even need to ask lol. On our last day they surprised us a special table decorated with flower petals. We will be returning to Secrets The Vine very soon because of them!

Ana the hostess from market cafe/sea salt grill- always have a smile on her face and goes above and beyond... it was raining really hard one day when we were eating at sea salt grill and she managed to get us inside dry!

Fabricio at front desk- made check-in very easy made sure we were assigned a room on a higher floor as requested. Our room was the best and could not have asked for anything better. When we asked for a late check-out he honoured that with no questions asked.

Unlimited vacation club presentation- no word of a lie we spent over 6hrs at this presentation that they claimed to only take 90mins. They eat breakfast with you and butter you up with drinks. At the end we get $250 resort credit to use on excursions or other expenses at the resort. They also give a 3 day, 2 night stay for $199 at any AMR resort.... which is useless because it’s only good for the most basic room and if you choose to come back to secrets the vine you only get 1 night. If you are not strong-willed I wouldn’t recommend attending. Be prepared for the high pressure sales, they are VERY good at what they do I’ll give them that.

Can’t wait to come back to STV!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank lisalynnelee

Dear Lisa L.

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at Secrets The Vine Cancun. We are happy to read that our employees made your trip so special. Their kindness and motivation is a valuable input giving an unforgettable memory and is the basis of a beautiful experience.

We are very pleased to read your comments about our service and our food. It is very gratifying for the Secrets The Vine Cancun team to know that we could meet your expectations. We are also glad to know that you’ve found the view of our resort as breathtaking. We are also delighted to read that you’ve enjoyed the facilities and special amenities delivered to Preferred Club guests.

We sincerely hope we can have the honor of being your hosts in a not too distant future.