“Surpassed expectations”

Ranked #5 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Boston
“Surpassed expectations”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Secrets The Vine was unknown to me before this trip. I went to be a guest yoga instructor and found utter relaxation, superb service and friendly staff and guests. The hotel staff goes out of your way to make sure your visit is perfect! I have traveled to four and five star hotels worldwide and found The Vine to be among the best. Beautiful decor, top notch amenities and outstanding service -- you can't go wrong! One caveat: if you are looking for small and intimate, this is not the right fit for you.

2 Thank Della C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,579)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This resort was fanominal!! Not one thing to complain about. Every single employee at the resort was helpful and really nice! Food Is great! Nice variety. Nightly entertainment was very nice to have. Different every night. Deffianlty going to stay at this resort again! Oh and the rooms!!! Omg best I've ever seen.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AMResorts

2 Thank Jessica F
Mason City, Iowa
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I apologize about the length of the review but am copying an e-mail that I sent to the Vine after our last visit there.

Mr. Jean-Pierre Sorin
Secrets The Vine

Dear Sir:

My wife and I would like to thank you and your staff for all they did to make our second trip to The Vine over the top. We stayed at your hotel September 7-14 and are already making plans for our third trip to your marvelous resort. While the facilities and amenities are truly five star it is your staff that makes the Vine. We try to vacation 3-4 weeks a year and have been coming to Mexico the past three years. Previously we have stayed at Barceló hotels but became aware of Secrets with a trip to Secrets Vallarta Bay last summer. We are now loyal Secrets Resorts customers after staying at Vallarta Bay and The Vine last October and this month. While your entire staff from the young men who work at the pool to management made our stay a wonderful experience we would like to recognize the following individuals that truly exemplify the Secrets brand. Please accept my apologies if I miss spell any names but we’d like to recognize the following staff for the service they provided my wife and I on our vacation.
Leonardo, Fillo and Irwing food and beverage management, thank you for everything that you and your staff do, it was our pleasure to see you again. Irwing I truly enjoyed our daily conversation and you’re your sense of humor. Xavier at the Sea Salt, thank you for all you do! From meeting you on your way to work while standing outside the resort to dining in your restaurant you truly made our stay special and have a bright future ahead of you, I hope you are still at the Vine when we return but will understand if you have gone to bigger and better responsibilities. Also please thank your Chef and Arcadio as we appreciated all that they did for us. Norberto and Alicia at the sports bar, Israel Mestico at the Piano bar, thank you for all you do. Isela and the staff at the coffee shop your smiling faces made my mornings. Jonathon (bellman) thank you it was please to see you again and I am happy that The Vine gives you the opportunity to work in the departments that you wish. I truly appreciate that every time we met at the resort you greeted us by name. Blanco who greeted us on our arrival, while I wish we had had the opportunity to chat with you more this trip , thank you and keep smiling, you are truly special. Manatee’ and Olio bar food and beverage staff, Oliver, Alex, Victor, Alejandro, Ismail and Efrain, thank you for everything. I would also like to recognize your entertainment staff for all that they do. We truly enjoyed the activities during the day and evenings. Beth, Winnie and Balaam, you guys are truly special and don’t get the credit that you deserve. I admire how long and hard you work and still every day come back with smiling faces. Thank you for taking the time to talk with Deb and I we really enjoyed our conversations. Diego and Jamie at Manatees and Olio bars, what can we say. It truly made our vacation seeing you guys again, it was so special that when we arrived you recognized who we were and it was like we never left, you are like family to Deb and I. God bless you guys and we hope to see you again soon. There is a saying that brick and mortar can make a beautiful place, however it is the people that truly make a resort special. If I heard it’s my pleasure once I heard it a thousand times during our week at The Vine. Thank you it was truly our pleasure to have the privilege of staying at your resort, as I mentioned previously I apologize to the individuals that I have missed but really your entire staff deserves recognition because they are what makes The Vine the special place that it is.

Hope to see you all soon,

Dave & Deb Iowa USA

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dave M
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was our honeymoon and we had an absolutely amazing time. They blew all of our expectations out of the water. The food was way better than expected and the service was great. We met friends who were staying at other resorts and their resorts didn't hold a candle to Secrets. We had so much fun and will DEFINITELY be going back.

2 Thank Amy W
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Me and my husband was there on our honeymoon. We had a wonderful time everything was so nice and all the workers was great they treated us so well I didn't want to leave. The two guys work in bar &grill was really nice to us, We would love to come back again.

1 Thank Robby R
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The minute you walk through the doors of Secrets The Vine Cacun, you already know you are not going to want to leave this place. You are treated like you are the most important person in the world, they do make you feel important. The staff is amazing, the resort is contemporary and full of luxury. The food at all the restaurants were great, my best experience and treatment came from my server Marcelo at market cafe, he arranged two private dinners for my wife and I, we were there for our anniversary. One night we had candle light dinner out on the pier very private another night when the restaurant was closed we had a private dinner by ourselves all with the courtesy of Marcelo. We had an awesome time.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but suite is better
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Nellie1109
Ballaghaderreen, Ireland
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week over Halloween break with a group of 10 friends. Champagne on arrival. Fast check-in and the rooms were fantastic. Spotless with a great view of the pools and beach. Food was excellent in most of the restaurants however we only ate once in the sports bar as it was big let down compared to everywhere else. The staff are fantastic and very attentive and are not tip driven. The pool area and beach are kept spotless at all times. The two girls working the waitress service here were excellent. Never waited for a drink for the whole week. Unfortunately I forgot to get their names. Security in the hotel is very tight both coming and going from the hotel which is very reassuring. The entertainment staff are a credit to this hotel. They work tirelessly to ensure all the guests are having a great time especially Cara, Bethany and Winnie the Poo. Miguel the Amstar Rep in the hotel is such a pleasant guy and a pleasure to deal with. He organised any of the trips our group wanted to do. Nothing seemed to be a hassle to him. Barbra in the barefoot grill cooks some of the best hotdogs and burgers you can imagine and is always smiling and so so pleasant. The real jewel in this hotels crown is Enrique in the piano bar. This guy is amazing. His attention to detail is second to none. He is such a nice guy. All of our group were blown away by his warm nature and great sense of humour. It was a pleasure to have met him. Will definitely return in the future. Would recommend everyone to spend some time here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends