Secrets The Vine Cancun
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
  • Beachfront
Paradisus Cancun(Cancun)
9,701 results
All reviewsmarket cafepreferred clubpreferred poolbluewater grillsea saltpiano barpreferred levelblue water grillsecrets resortpreferred roomdragons restaurantentertainment teamolio restaurantcoffee barhoneymoon suitegreeted with champagnethe hard rock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2013

excellent for couples.business,friends and solo!Beautiful clean large room,amazing pools,perfect beach.employee provide exceptional service, which exceeded your expectations!I recommend this hotel to others!

2  Thank Vadim N
Reviewed October 30, 2013

They spoil you here. Seven restaurants with excellent service. Each meal was better than the last. The pools were great. A lot of thought went into the layout. We will definitely stay here next time we are in Cancun.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nick B
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I went to Cancun for our one year anniversary, and traveled with our friends who were celebrating their 13th anniversary. We looked up several places, and Secrets The Vine just jumped out to us. Everything about it in pictures, and how people described it in reviews just seemed breathtaking. And boy were they right. We reserved the Deluxe ocean view rooms, and opted out of the preferred club as it was more expensive. Honestly, the staff is all so attentive whether you are preferred or not, I didn't think it was worth the extra money.

We stayed from 10/18/13-10/25/13, and upon arrival our first thought was how beautiful it was. Just walking in, the foyer and fresh clean smell was amazing. The bell boys were right there helping us with luggage before we even got out of the van. We were shown around the grounds and we were all in awe of how beautiful everything was. There was a boardwalk that they took you to, which overlooked two of the pools and the ocean and the view was breathtaking.

The rooms were very pretty, very modern and chic. The bathroom and shower were all frosted glass, and the shower had two shower heads with separate temperature controls. The two full closets had plenty of space and we still didn't fill them. The balcony had a great view as you could see the ocean on one side and the lagoon on the other. It was perfect because we were able to see the sunset every night, and had we gotten up early enough, you could also see the sunrise over the ocean. Not much privacy between balconies, but our friends were right next door so we didn't mind. We were on the Hard Rock side, and also right next to the elevators. I never thought the noise was too much from either, as I've seen in some reviews.

There are 4 pools, 1 of which is preferred club only, so we only visited the 3. One was an infinity pool which was beautiful, but we stayed mainly in the pool near the sugar reef bar and the ocean. The servers at this pool, Ixchel and Abiel, were absolutely wonderful. Always there to refresh our drink with a smile and say "it's my pleasure". We ordered lunch most of the days from the pool area, which was great food and we didn't have to leave the pool and sunshine to eat. Drinks were always great, I suggest the Spumante champagne, brut champagne and apple juice, or the grasshopper, it tasted like mint chocolate chip ice cream! Yum! One thing I was surprised with, as far as drinks are concerned, was that they offered bud light throughout the whole resort. They also had a decent selection of liquor- Jack Daniels, Johnnie Walker, and Absolut just to name a few.

The restaurants were hit and miss. The first night we went to the Market Cafe, which during the day has a breakfast/lunch buffet, (breakfast buffet was great, never visited the lunch buffet so can't say) but at night is a mexican restaurant. It was awful. My friend and I ordered beef tacos, they were nothing like a beef taco and I felt like I was eating dog food. But that was our only bad experience with the food. We also ate at Dragons, the asian cuisine, and that was alright. Their crab rangoon was amazing, but their soup was mediocre as was their sweet and sour chicken. Not bad, just nothing I would want again. They have a Mediterranean restaurant, Olio's, but we weren't able to make because the 2 days we tried to go, one it was closed due to rain and the other was the one day a week its closed down. But our absolute favorites were Blue Water Grill, the steakhouse, and Nebbiolo, the Italian. Blue water grill everything we had was great, from the scallops appetizer to the filet steak dinner. We tried to go there twice but the second night there was a 50 minute wait, so we skipped it. We ate at Nebbiolo twice, which I was very happy about, that was my favorite restaurant. Every single thing I had there was phenomenal. Some of our favorites were the artichoke appetizer, the shrimp and four cheese pizza, osso bucco, and shrimp scampi. The waiters at every restaurant we went to were so great, I can't really single one out as being better than the other. For breakfast they give you these cards you put on the door and can have room service brought to you at the time you choose and mark which breakfast items you want, I suggest that. It was so good, and to sit on your balcony with the ocean view was breathtaking.

The entertainment staff was wonderful as well. Everyday they have different activities to do, from beach/water volleyball, to bingo, to dance and cooking lessons and more. We partook in some, which were a lot of fun, but mainly were happy staying by the pool. Every night they have a different activity going on as well, our favorite was the hypnotist show, the comedian juggler, and the karaoke show. My husband, our friends and I all sing, so we put songs in to sing and the staff informed us there was a contest to be held. So we entered and the top three were my husband, some guy, and myself and I WON! A free 3 day/4night trip back to Secrets The Vine! Just couldn't believe the prize was so big, it was a lot of fun. And our friend won the contest on the 2nd night. Every night one of the entertainment staff takes whoever wants to go to a different club, and one of the nights it was CoCo Bongo, which we heard was a must see. It was a little pricey with $ 65 USD/ ticket, but Wow, wow, wow, definitely a must see! We went with one of the entertainment staff, Balam. He was the perfect person to take us, fun and so nice. Everyone on the staff was great, Kara, Bethany, and Winnie Pooh, but our favorite was definitely Balam.

Overall this trip was absolutely a place I would recommend for someone of any age to stay, it was fun for my friends, my husband and I, and we are in our late 20's, 30's and 40's. Music was loud at times, depending on which pool you were in, but never too loud. And the entertainment at night is loud when outside but is always over by 10 or 11, and the music is brought inside to the club. We never thought the resort was too loud, day or night, as some have said.

We will definitely be back next year, even if we didn't have our free stay, it was just that good of a resort to be at.

Room Tip: Floor 16 Deluxe Ocean View was perfect, without spending a ton extra on Preferred club!
6  Thank JW101312
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was a 10th year wedding anniversary. Champagne served coming in the door. Personal bellhop to carry your luggage to the room while you walk around. Endless drinks and specialty foods and coffee....OMG!!!....

3  Thank Demetria M
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Loved this place!! We stayed on the 25th floor and had the best room on the preferred level. Beautiful room, view, food, drinks, service, and room service too! It's been 25 yrs since I last visited Cancun and it won't be another!

1  Thank Nora S