Secrets The Vine Cancun
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
  • Beachfront
Paradisus Cancun(Cancun)
9,701 results
All reviewsmarket cafepreferred clubpreferred poolbluewater grillsea saltpiano barpreferred levelblue water grillsecrets resortpreferred roomdragons restaurantentertainment teamolio restaurantcoffee barhoneymoon suitegreeted with champagnethe hard rock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to Secrets The Vine for vacation, and it didn't disappoint! The staff are very friendly and go the extra mile to make sure your stay is pleasant. I am going to use David the Concierge as my example.

On our last night at the resort my girlfriend and I wanted to take pictures at sunset on the beach. I went downstairs and David was the first employee I asked to see if he would take the pictures. It turns out that David is pretty much an amateur photographer - the pictures turned out amazing!

The entertainment crew were also a lot of fun. Around 12-1 they come out to the main pool and do line dancing and water aerobics, and shortly after that's over with the chiefs come out and pass around food they've worked on.

The food and alcohol exceeded my expectations. The Blue Water Grill and the Italian restaurant were our personal favorites for dinner. And being a tequila drinker, I was very happy that the bars there had above average tequila available.

The beach is amazing, and you are RIGHT ON IT.

Lastly, I have been to 4-5 all inclusive resorts and for the value, this has been my favorite. When I left our 3 day, 4 night vacation I didn't have the dreaded "all-inclusive food stomach" that I usually get from eating low quality food. You don't get it here because the food is good quality, and the selection is greater than most all inclusive's.

This is a great hotel, you'll love it.

6  Thank travish737
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Recently stayed at STV in a Jr. Suite PC room on 24th floor for 10 nights! Arrived around 2, room was ready, and the view and room were fabulous!! Missed not have a bathtub in the room. Butler showed us to our room, went over the lighting system, and showed us where everything was located, then asked if we would like him to unpack for us :) We were anxious to get to the pool, so I accepted......boy, it was AMAZING!!!! Everything was hung and folded to perfection. Had tons of hangers, even my cover-ups and pajamas were hung, my husbands boxers were folded perfectly. It was great to come back to the room, and have it all put away. Used the PC pool for the first couple of days, but a little too quiet, so stayed down at main pools rest of time. Favorite restaurant was a toss up between Bluewater Grill (steakhouse) and Nebbiolo (Italian), ate at both 3X each. For lunch, my favorite was Sea Salt, Flank Steak sandwich, it was to die for :) Everyone kept asking me if this was my first time at The Vine, or if I had every stayed at another Secrets, which we have, Secrets Maroma 4X, and wanted to know how the 2 compared?? I told them it would be like comparing apples to oranges, I don't think they really do compare, except for the exceptional Secrets service. Love them both, but still probably like Maroma a little better!!! Hotel is gorgeous, and will probably return.

8  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've become very fussy with my travels. I've learned that I always want to feel spoiled and have a nicer room than my own room at home. I rarely find that WOW factor. The moment I stepped out of the taxi at Secrets The Vine I knew that I was in good hands. From the front entrance all the way to the room I felt like my presence at this property was valued. The room was incredible, the food was terrific. I cannot fault anything. Except maybe the dining hours. We ate a late breakfast and skipped lunch and found it difficult to find an early dinner. Absolutely the best hotel in Cancun I've seen. Don't think about it, just go.

Room Tip: upgrade up from the standard room.
2  Thank LoopsToronto
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Better late than never.. we stayed at Secrets the Vine February 2013. From arrival, our stay was amazing. We were traveling with a large group, so we had a private check in. We arrived around noon, and our room was ready, but many were not. From what we heard, everyone got it as soon as possible. We were amazed at our room, and the overall look of the resort. It was very modern and beautiful. The balcony was amazing, and everyone gets a view of the ocean. The staff always kept our room very clean, and turn down service was perfect. Chocolates on the pillows and my slippers set out for me -- I felt pretty important!

The food was always delicious, and drinks were great! I was very happy with the alcohol selection and drink choices. The entertainment at night in the piano bar was great, and the sushi was delicious at the asian restaurant! The pools were great, however the towel game was played, so we did have to start saving our seats as well. This was our first time staying on the Cancun strip, and it was a bit different than our last resort in Riviera Maya. The resort is more like a high rise hotel. Almost all restaurants are inside, with no view of the ocean, which was a bit of a bummer, because I love to sit outside on vacation, but overall, it was no big deal, with how amazing the resort was!

Room Tip: Preferred club rooms have larger rooms and balconies.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank greeneyes919
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was our first trip to Secrets the Vine Cancun and I would have to say that for the most part, everything was extremely top notch! The resort still has some few kinks to figure out since it is only a year old or so, but overall, we very much enjoyed our stay. The thing that sticks out most to us was the Entertainment Staff. They were very very good about keeping guests informed about activities going on and their energy was perfect for the mostly relaxing pool area. They were helpful , nice, personable and ran each activity with a lot of involvement and energy. Julien, Magnolia, Carlos, Alan, Winnie, Bethany and Diego were the ones who stuck out (that may have been all of them, actually). The poolside service was fantastic and our friend Alex took great care of us. He remembered our names after the first time we met him and always made sure we had a chair in his area and had our favorite drinks ready every time. I usually started with some water in the AM, so he would bring me a bottle of water AND my drink of choice behind it in case I was ready. Top notch and very very friendly and personable. The facility was great. The coolest thing was the fact that the inside of the hotel had a very upscale Manhattan feel then you walk outside to the Caribbean landscape. The staff was CONSTANTLY cleaning to ensure the floors were spotless and the towel workers outside were constantly collected dirty towels and replacing them with fresh ones. Also, workers around the pool were always on hand with a squeegee for the pool area to make sure no one slipped as water poured out from the pools. The rooms were great and it was nice that the floors were not marble and more of a wood-like design (although it was not truly wood). It made the floors much easier to walk on when your feet are wet. The hallways were great, elevators were fast, and everything was accessible. I will definitely be returning and will be recommending this to friends in the future!

Room Tip: Preferred club rooms start on the 21st floor and face either the downtown strip or overlook the pool area. Decide which side you'd like to be on before you bok or request a certain view.
1  Thank chrisdemo6