We just returned from a 5 night stay at the resort. There were definitely some good points; our anniversary was wonderful and we would like to thank Cesar for the beautiful surprise , we had a wonderful room on the 22nd floor, the entertainment one of the nights was enjoyable and the maid service was above and beyond.
Now for things that need improvement:
1. I can't agree with the setting, the pools are small and virtually no shade without an umbrella. They would be prettier with with blue tile, they have a green look to them. Void of music, entertainment, very sterile.
2. Food was very basic, nothing special except for the ambiance. My husband ate something that has not agreed with him for 3 days. He's not sure what it was or where but it definitely was something from the resort.
3. Wait staff was below average at the pool and beach. They were catering to a business group and hardly came around to help us. The bar inside was good, especially Modesto who was exceptional.
We have made several trips to Cancun over the years and unfortunately this resort is just not calling us back. For the price we expected more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the heart of Cancun at Secrets The Vine Cancun. This adults-only, ultra-chic, contemporary resort offers all the indulgences of Unlimited-Luxury(R), starting with 497 modern, elegant guest rooms and suites, 24-hour room service and pool and beach wait service. The 497 graciously appointed guest rooms and suites comes complete with Italian porcelain and teak wood furnishings and sleek, private terraces overlooking the crystal-clear Caribbean Sea and Laguna Nichupte. All guest rooms and suites are equipped with luxurious amenities including 24-hour room and concierge services,daily refreshed mini-bar, smart TVs and much more. Plus, stay connected with Unlimited Connectivity -offering free WiFi and free calling to the U.S. and Canada and more. The experience continues with limitless access to six gourmet restaurants and top-shelf spirits served at the six modern bars and lounges throughout the resort plus 24-hour dining options allow guests to devour late night bites at The Vine Café or stay in and order room service. Sommelier-led wine tastings with some of the world's finest wine collections with wine pairings and wine education are available for all guests to partake in. The Vine Bazaar, a contemporary and unique centralized venue adorned cozy café, relaxing terrace and more indulgent gourmet fare and beverages. All topped off by an array of exciting live entertainment and the added option to visit nearby participating resorts for a night out with the Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience. Relax by one of three sparkling swimming pools, partake in many of the daily activities that are offered, or enjoy a spa treatment at the exquisite Secrets Spa by Pevonia(R), boldly inspired by cave-like structures and natural cenotes of the area. Hit the links with complimentary greens fees at a nearby championship course, or partake in Sommelier-led wine tastings. Whether you're doing it all or doing nothing at all Secrets The Vine Cancun is the ultra-chic destination to indulge in pure luxury. Secrets The Vine Cancun - Sparkling. Elegant. Bold. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets The Vine Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.