Previous reviews pretty much say it all so I'll keep it short here...
- ultra-clean, very modern, inviting resort. Not a sprawling, 500 acre resort like you'd find in other spots, if that's what you are looking for. But, with the amount of space they had, I think they did a great job at incorporating plants and giving people lots of different spots to choose from to hang out.
- great service everywhere. We did have to wait for about 20 minutes to get tables at both Dragons and Nebbiolo, even though tables were open. I'm sure it was a staffing issue, and we just headed to the bar, but others were upset by this. Food was pretty good eveywhere. Some things were fabulous (dim sum & sushi @ Dragons, pork tacos served @ pool, pasta/seabass @ Nebbiolo); others were just OK (pad thai @ Dragons, very thin steak @ the steakhouse). Very, very good overall for an all inclusive. Just don't expect the steakhouse to be Manny's.
- you can tell from the outside that the preferred balconies are 50% bigger than the standard rooms. I'm assuming the rooms are also 50% wider. While we found the other perks of the preferred club to be fairly unnecessary, I think it's worth it for the small price we paid on expedia to upgrade. I *think* you just need to upgrade to either preferred OR the junior suite, since it sure appears that they are one and the same. The butlers on the preferred floors as very attentive and kind but we never really utilized them. Others probably did. You can have them pack/unpack for you, make reservations outside the resort, iron things, etc. The preferred pool was a nice change of pace although we liked the main pool better. The preferred lounge had some good treats out during the day and was another spot to grab a quick drink, but again, I'm not sure it added a ton to our experience.
- The entertainment team is great....they really do a great job of having activities all day while also allowing relaxation, if you don't want to take part. That was the biggest difference between Live Aqua, where we stayed last time, and here. It was nice to have shows, live music and other activies in the evening. Newlywed show was pretty funny. Circus show was entertaining as well.
- Huge shower (maybe 5' by 10'?), comfy beds, beautiful views from the balconies. I actually like the view down the strip better than a straight-on ocean view. You can see all the hotels, the lagoon and the ocean. While not completely private, they were certainly private enough.
- Fabulous spa. The $40 spa credts per person that are included with the room (just don't get suckered into the presentation for additional credits) made the massages $99 instead of $139.
- Get down to the main pool by 6:45 or so to get a cabana if you want one. People put their stuff down and leave, of course. We did this one day and enjoyed having the big area to lounge.
- Our biggest complaints: no Captain Morgan and no Pinot Grigio by the glass. Unlucky that these are our favorite drinks. We adjusted, of course. But, I would like to see them add these as options. They boast 12,000 bottles of wine but only I think 5 were 'free'. We didn't really experience a hard upsell for wine but for the prices people pay I'd like to think Pinot could be included. Their rum was Bacardi (not my fave). Sports bar was kind of a strange, dark area. Maybe resdesign it for better atmosphere. They did run out of umbrellas one day by 11:00 am. Hard to find shade without one.
Overall, a great vacation. We don't often return to the same resort twice but due to how much we enjoyed Secrets and the limited amount of adult all inclusives in the area, we are likely to return down the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the heart of Cancun at Secrets The Vine Cancun. This adults-only, ultra-chic, contemporary resort offers all the indulgences of Unlimited-Luxury(R), starting with 497 modern, elegant guest rooms and suites, 24-hour room service and pool and beach wait service. The 497 graciously appointed guest rooms and suites comes complete with Italian porcelain and teak wood furnishings and sleek, private terraces overlooking the crystal-clear Caribbean Sea and Laguna Nichupte. All guest rooms and suites are equipped with luxurious amenities including 24-hour room and concierge services,daily refreshed mini-bar, smart TVs and much more. Plus, stay connected with Unlimited Connectivity -offering free WiFi and free calling to the U.S. and Canada and more. The experience continues with limitless access to six gourmet restaurants and top-shelf spirits served at the six modern bars and lounges throughout the resort plus 24-hour dining options allow guests to devour late night bites at The Vine Café or stay in and order room service. Sommelier-led wine tastings with some of the world's finest wine collections with wine pairings and wine education are available for all guests to partake in. The Vine Bazaar, a contemporary and unique centralized venue adorned cozy café, relaxing terrace and more indulgent gourmet fare and beverages. All topped off by an array of exciting live entertainment and the added option to visit nearby participating resorts for a night out with the Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience. Relax by one of three sparkling swimming pools, partake in many of the daily activities that are offered, or enjoy a spa treatment at the exquisite Secrets Spa by Pevonia(R), boldly inspired by cave-like structures and natural cenotes of the area. Hit the links with complimentary greens fees at a nearby championship course, or partake in Sommelier-led wine tastings. Whether you're doing it all or doing nothing at all Secrets The Vine Cancun is the ultra-chic destination to indulge in pure luxury. Secrets The Vine Cancun - Sparkling. Elegant. Bold. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets The Vine Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.