“Best resort and spa”

Ranked #5 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best resort and spa”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Secrets was an amazing vacation. I traveled with my sister and we meet some many great people. It definitnely was a couples resort but the amazing spa and the awesome staff was totally worth it. We went for my birthday and everyone on staff was ready to celebrate with us. Every restaurant was ready to sing and every bartender was ready to give us shots! Everyone on staff knew our names and were very friendly. The pool staff, always remembered our drink order and didnt want till our drinks were empty to refill us. The food was to die for, the Italian and asian restaurants were our favorite, even the buffet was amazing. Our room looked exactly like the photos and had an beautiful view of the ocean. I cant wait to go back next year

Room Tip: Every room has an ocean view!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Andrea M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,578)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
El Paso
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We visitied Cancun for our 50th wedding anniversary. Secrets, The Vine went out of their way to make it special. Stayed in the Club Premium junior suite with ocean view. We were greeted at the main entrance with glasses of champaigne. Service was outstanding. On our anniversary when we returned from dinner, we found a bucket of champaigne and a special dessert with a message that read "Happy 50th Anniversary". Staff was always friendly and hard working. The room was cleaned every day with turndown service in the evening with clean towel replacement. The grounds, beach and hotel are kept in immaculate condition. On the beach, the beach boys were ready to provide umbrellas as soon as you found your beach chair. The adults only policy was great. The spa services were wonderful with personalized services and a personal attendant to assist. Will definately go back to Secrets the Vine. They know how to cater to the customer.

Room Tip: Club Premium is the way to go. Rooms have ocean view and furnished balconies. All rooms are 21st f...
5 Thank CaroleannElPaso
Hartland, Maine
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a great time at Secrets-the beach, pools , restaurants and bars were top notch at this modern, fun all inclusive resort.
We felt no need to leave the property, and everything was excellent. The food was great, top shelf liquor and beer at the beach and hotel bars, and we can't say enough about the staff-from housekeeping to wait staff to bartenders , everyone was gracious and welcoming. The beachfront room was great-we didn't upgrade to preferred and didn't miss anything. Room service was good when we ordered it, and we loved the no reservation format for eating at the restaurants. We would/will definitely go back.

8 Thank Maineroad
MS
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We visit Mexico a few times every year and in Cancun we have always stay at Le Blanc.... from now on, Secrets is their contender!!!
This is a stunning hotel... from the moment you walk in, you're greeted by a very charismatic staff that is working hard to make your stay a memorable one!
The hotel grounds are modern, chic and impressively well designed... the team that created this place took advantage of all their surroundings, and, the people that work here are constantly making sure the place stays perfect (clean, great smells, tranquil...)!
There are plenty of restaurants and bars to keep everyone happy and the food/drinks are delicious! New concepts such as the market buffet with personal serving portions is something I have only seen here and I works great for me (not overeating or wasting food), the coco cafe is another great concept for midday snacks and great coffee drinks! and last but not least, I really enjoy the chefs bringing different food to the pool everyday at lunch time! Special thanks to the mediterranean Olio restaurant, our waiter Abraham who was very helpful and fun to be around and to Ivan the manager who was very attentive, and, the Blue water grill for the very tasty offerings and service provided by Antonio, Diego and Arturo. The italian restaurants needs to work a little more on organization and service. We didn't try the asian restaurant.
We stayed at the Preferred level 26th floor... the room decor was to die for (i want to buy the lounge chair by the bed) and the view was amazing! Our butler Manuel was very sweet and attentive... we even by mistake received sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries (usually done for anniversaries)! The preferred pool is calm and private but I personally prefer the main pools by the ocean instead. I didn't see the regular rooms but I'm not sure that the upgrade was worth it for me since I didn't use the preferred lounge, I don't need the upgraded room minibar, I mainly stay at the downstairs pool and I was content with the drinks in the one bars since I basically drink white wine, margaritas with herradura tequila (Don Julio is only available at the preferred areas), diet Coke and water... but for people that enjoy extras this is a must!
The spa is serene, relaxing and has beautiful ocean views... I only used the sauna and jacuzzi.
The pools are big, refreshing and with plenty of lounge chairs. The waiters are working hard all the time and I feel they need to hire more help based on the amount of guest present to offer a more personalized service (this is something Le Blanc is better at).
Kuddos for the entertainment staff who was very energetic, graceful and fun... not pushy like some I have previously encounter. Love the daily brazilian dance/music played as an invitation to water aerobics!
In summary, amazing hotel with a modern clean concept full of energetic and caring staff... give them a try and you wouldn't be disappointed!

9 Thank JuliMS
Holtsville, New York
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I am writing this review to thank the entire staff at Secrets, The Vine for delivering the most incredible vacation my wife and I could have ever imagined. As soon as we arrived and stepped out of our taxi we were confident that this resort was going exceed our expectations in every way imaginable. We celebrated our three-year anniversary with a much-needed nine-day visit to The Vine in beautiful Cancun.

Let me start by saying that my wife and I are not the “review’ type. This is a first but I simply must share our experience. The ENTIRE staff at Secrets, The Vine are the most personable people to be around. Everyone is courteous, friendly, and filled with energy. They service your every need with warmth, brilliance, style, and flair.
Our (Preferred Club) butler, David made sure our every need was met and his attention to detail was impressive. David along with the entire staff on the 25th floor was so polite and proficient. The maid services’ including the evening turndown service was the best I have ever experienced in my past vacations.

The Secrets Entertainment Team including Bethany, Victor, Alan, (my apologies for not remembering all names), have more energy than you can imagine. They make sure everyone has an incredible time poolside without being over-ambitious. They remember your name and always pass by to inform guests on what is happening in the resort. They are so friendly and fun to be around. The team even went out of their way to say their goodbyes as we were checking out. Please know that my wife and I are both business owners and trust me when I say that the entertainment staff does not put on an “act”…they love what they do and its infectious. You can’t be around them have not have fun.

There is only one word to describe the resort food, WOW! And this is coming from two Italian people who live in New York… The wait staff are so polite and every meal was an experience! Be sure to book a private candlelight dinner with a signature menu. This was one of those unforgettable evenings that make a vacation truly memorable. A special thank you to Aaron, (Market Place Captain) and Luis….bravo, my friends!

It is rare to visit a resort for such a lengthy amount of time and not want to leave. My wife and I are already planning our return to this secret paradise. Now that we are home, there is only one word that describes our entire vacation, PERFECT!

The below mentioned is (in my opinion), the best description for specific resort areas.

The Lobby

The Spa
Relaxing, Stimulating, and Simply Gorgeous

The Main Pools
Massive, Clean, and Entertaining

In conclusion, anyone considering an all-inclusive resort will be extremely well served at Secrets, The Vine.

Again, simply perfect!
See you soon…

7 Thank Tony D
Asheville, NC
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Went to The Vine for our honeymoon September 2012 and had a great time. The resort had only been open for about 2-3 weeks when we went but for the most part you wouldn't know. The food was really good in all the restaurants and the resort was really clean. The pools at the resort were very nice and the overall look of the place was spectacular. The rooms were out of this world beautiful and had great views of the ocean and bay. We were in the higher floors with rooms that were upgraded from the standard and it was worth it. Loved the showers in the place and I couldn't ask for a better room. Bring tips for the waitstaff and you will be rewarded; non stop drinks before you even ask.
The negatives... Well there were some issues with the flooring in the buffet dining room that the black paint was already peeling from the sun I believe; it kinda made the place look old. However on our last night there they had closed off the dining room and were refinishing the floor. They were still working on some upper floors at the hotel which hopefully are done now. All we heard was rhythmic hammering from 8am till 5pm. We even had the banging going on while we were getting a massage. (The spa was amazing though and I recommend it highly.) There is really no shade around the pool areas. This place was more like a hotel than a resort as it does not have large grounds to walk around on that have palm trees and such. We had to stay at the pool on the 12th floor so we could be in the shade at certain parts of the day. My last comment is about the beach area. For some reason where the chairs are for the beach area there is about a 3-4 foot drop off to get into the water. This is a sand drop off, not rock. If you walk about 30-40 yards away the rest of the beach on either side is flat down into the water. You will be constantly harassed by the vendors trying to sell things on the beach. They'll walk past you and you tell them no so they go get something else and walk by again. Then after that they go get something else and try again. The same 2-3 "vendors" that I think do not work for the hotel stayed there patrolling our small section of the beach non-stop. If you're not in the water bring a book to keep your head down in to be left alone.

Ok... so that might sound like a lot of negatives but truly this was a remarkable location with some great staff, excellent views, food, and drinks. I would recommend going but be aware that it is more high rise hotel that's contained and not a sprawling resort with places to walk and be alone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cashirlin
Prentiss, Mississippi
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The resort itself is very nice. Most of the time the service was great, but during other times, it was rather disappointing. When we ordered at the restaurants, the waiters/waitresses would take forever to bring our food/drinks back. The drinks would, at that point, be watered down and pointless. The food left much to be desired, and we were pleased to hear from another couple on the way back that they felt the same way.The best meal and service was at breakfast. A couple of the gifts we bought were stolen from our room, and it left us feeling violated. The view was beautiful, and the hotel itself was gorgeous. We got a certificate to come back since we listened to their presentation. I doubt if we use it for Secrets, though.

7 Thank LDBJ
SecretsTheVine, E-Concierge at Secrets The Vine Cancun, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear LDBJ,

We thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments and experience related to your last stay at our resort.
We are sad to hear that some of our services have not met your expectations and we would like to kindly ask you to write us at your convenience to info.sevcu@secretsresorts.com in order to follow up with you on your review.

Zuleica Ávila