“Had a great time!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Methuen, MA
“Had a great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Just returned from 4 night stay. Food was great. Hallways a bit noisey as they are all marble and stucco with voices and doors slamming shut. They need to work on softening this somehow.
Rooms are very nice and clean. Love the large showers! Two vanities in the room is a great idea. Pleanty of storage space for clothing. Room service was a bit slow. I don't think my room was cleaned once during my stay before 2:30pm! Only got the turn down service twice of the four nights I stayed. I would stay here again though. Staff was all very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor for better view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mylah99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,109)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I'm not going to write a long winded review because anyone who wrote how wonderful this resort is has said it already. I honestly do not know how anyone can base a review on one bad experience. If you look at the service, food, cleanliness, and property, how can you not give a positive, beyond positive review for this resort. I am totally convinced some people LOVE to complain and they will always find faults in everything and everyone. Please, go and enjoy what Secretsthe Vine has to offer and DO NOT listen to any negative reviews , they are simply wrong.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Franni5boys
Huizen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at Secrets The Vine from 17 November to 1 December and have to say what a lovely hotel. I had a fantastic large room with just about everything that you could possibly need. A big thank you to all the staff at Secrets The Vine - they were really amazing and could not do enough to make sure that we all enjoyed our stay. The entertainment team did a really brilliant job and a special thanks to Sebastian who ran the Vine Lounge Bar he always served us with a smile on his face and the place was just not the same on his day off. I have to agree with other comments about the noise in the hallways, this really needs attention from management as does the approach to the hotel - still looks like a bit of a building site but does not detract from the spacious beauty of the interior and exterior of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nina B
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Let me start of by saying how nervous we were to book a still under construction resort. We got a great deal and were looking forward to visiting Cancun. The pictures and reviews do not give this place justice. It is a smaller property, but it is a perfect amount of land and easy to get around everywhere. No reason to ever be bored at this resort. The concierge, ALL of them, are very helpful with a luggage snafu we had to deal with (and was great meeting Zu). The food: A+ The Rooms: A (minus the hotel construction noise). We were put on the 26th floor. I would advise trying for a lower preferred floor to minimize the noise because it was loud. The beds/bedding are not fluffy like other Dreams/Secrets resorts but were comfortable. Despite that which is not a permanent issue, it was great. We loved Diego and Jorge at the pool bar--they were very attentive every day. Nebbiolo was our favorite restaurant--get the lobster appetizer, you won't regret it. The coffee was an excellent perk. Breakfast buffet, we could take it or leave it--but it was good. The sports bar was AWESOME, made you feel at home. The beach is warm and a bit rough...but it's clean and beautiful and my husband had a blast swimming in the waves.

Room Tip: Face the Hard Rock hotel and get a lower floor while construction is pending.
3 Thank MICHELLE82585
South Bend, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Visited Secrets The Vine 11/23-11/30. Have visited other Secrets and Dreams properties and was curious to see how this one compared. first of all, like other AM Resorts the service was very good. The hotel was clean, beautifully built and decor was amazing. The comments about the noise in the hallways are all unfortunately true, by 6:30am there is so much noise that you cannot sleep in. My husband and I are early risers so it did not cause us too many problems. The Sea Salt restaurant was our favorite and the Bluewater Grille was a HUGE disappointment. Our server Lewis screwed up our orders and completely forgot our wine order! After a 2 hour meal still had not been offered a dessert menu. Nebbllio (Italian restaurant) was amazing! Service was outstanding and the wine that was recommended was delicious. The coffee bar was a great touch. The Market Cafe food was very good, however the tables by the windows were so hot with the sun that it was uncomfortable to eat and relax. The preferred club at this resort is a complete joke! At other AM Resorts the preferred club is a comfortable environment to relax, check email, get a snack or a great drink. At this resort the preferred club is a room open to the elevators with warm bottles of water, premium liquor without a bartender that knows how to mix a good drink with small tables with uncomfortable chairs. No couches or TVs, computers etc. Bottom line - do not waste the money for the preferred club upgrade! We were given a free upgrade and put in a room on the 18 floor ( not a preferred club floor) and given the extra amenities 4 out of the 7 days. The preferred club pool on the 12th floor is a great atmosphere to relax but the pool is ice cold! (Other pools were heated).
Secrets iPhone app is a nice feature but unfortunately only works half the time. WiFi is hit and miss. The sports bar was very accommodating and works hard to find any game you wish.
Secrets the Vine is a beautiful resort but if it wants to compete with the other Secrets properties needs to pay more attention to the details. With the location of this resort it doesn't have the natural beauty of the larger properties that are in Riviera Maya and Punta Cana. However if you like the location to a larger city then this resort is for you. It has something for everyone, sports, games, relaxation etc. "it's my pleasure" is something that I only heard a handful of times where you hear it constantly at other properties. I didn't miss the comment but I did miss it in the attitude.
My husband and I were one of the first UVC Club members 2 years ago. We love the AM Resorts properties but do not understand why members are not treated any differently than other guests. We brought another couple with us to show them the reason that we loved these resorts and were disappointed that we were all so unimpressed. I would think that if a property had upgrades available that were empty that they would make their club members feel special by providing them. If they want to attract more members then they need to do more than listing their name in the SunDial.

Room Tip: Don't spend extra for preferred club at this resort
3 Thank Dawn M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had a really nice time at the brand new Secrets the Vine with my wife over Thanksgiving holiday. Our room was quite beautiful, spacious and well-appointed with a rain forest shower, balcony and gorgeous view. Some areas of the hotel did not appear to be completely finished (apparently there is still some on-going construction) but I thought the facilities, overall, were very attractive. We had preferred club which gave us access to the 12th floor pool. This was nice on the days that it was windy, and there was great service and less of a crowd, but the pool was cold (unlike the lower floor pools which are heated) and, of course, the 12th floor is quite a ways from the beach. As such, we rarely used this area.

The restaurants were pretty solid, especially for an all-inclusive, and offered a wide variety of options. There were some pretty glaring misses, though, DO NOT get the pad thai from Dragon. Stick with simpler entree options. The tuna was across-the-board excellent, and 24-hour free room service is a very nice feature (especially when the mini fridge is out of beer and the bars are closed). The coffee bar is awesome.

This place is definitely pretty coupley, and the entertainment is geared towards an older crowd. Unless you wanted to go see a magic show or watch some cheesy band, there was not a lot to offer accept copious amounts of alcohol. For the most part, this was perfectly fine with us, and we broke up the monotony by going downtown a couple nights. The entertainment staff are really helpful with recommending locations and organizing excursions for this purpose, but it is also pretty easy to do on your own (and the bus is only a buck).

Overall, the service was pretty excellent, the people were very friendly and helpful and just about everyone spoke fluent English. Sometimes it could be difficult to get a drink on the beach, but there are ample close bars, including one right on the beach. The concierge completely saved my butt on a traveling snafu; thank Runa! Janet at the front desk was terrible, she tried to charge my friend $350 for laundry (several items of which were lost). She also would not let me change out a $20 bill that was slightly torn. I had just gotten this bill from THEIR ATM machine, and was getting change to TIP THE STAFF!!

Overall, I thought Secrets the Vine was a great place, and superb value. Despite a couple minor issues, I definitely recommend it, particularly for couples looking for a romantic getaway.

4 Thank dbeaty81
Ooltewah, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just wanted to take the time to thank all the staff at Serets The Vine,what a bunch of wonderful people.I would like to give special thanks to,Beth Victor,and Winnie of the entertainment staff.Although we did not really particapate in very many of the activities they went out of the way to sit and talk to us ,tell us about themselves,ask about us,greet us by name whenever we saw them and find us before we left to tell us good-bye,what great people, you should be very proud.I also would like to thank our beach waiters,Carlos,Pita and Abundio,they treated us like friends,kept the drinks flowing without us asking, without expecting anything in return(although we always tip and we hope you do to,these are great people and work hard for everything they get).Abundio also came up and gave us big hugs when we were leaving,such a nice man,thanks!

The food at the restaurants was all great,I can't think of one bad meal the entire time(had one bad experiance at Sea Salt with a waiter whose name I can't remember ,probably because we never saw him again after we sat down,after 25 minutes we finally left and went and had a great meal at Bluewater).

The room was spectacular.We had a honeymoon suite on the 20th floor,room was huge,view was great,the best room ever.Maid service was great,never had to ask for anything.

The beach and ocean were beautiful.We spent almost all our time there and thought it was wonderful.We met the nicest group of people from South Carolina and had a great time talking and drinking with them.

The only thing close to a negative is the noise from the halls ,it can be very loud but I'm not sure there is anything they can do about it,The noise from Hardrock is also pretty loud but it isn't so bad that it would keep anyone from staying on that side of the hotel.

Overall this was one of the best vacations we have ever had and we would love to go back. I look forward to our return,mostly so that we can see all of our new friends from the staff at The Vine!!

Room Tip: Altouugh I don't think there are any "bad" rooms I would really suggest you get the ho...
1 Thank Jeff P