“Aaahhhmaaazing!!!!”

Ranked #3 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Melbourne, Australia
“Aaahhhmaaazing!!!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I travel extensively all over the world and this is hands down the best service I have ever received in a 5 star hotel. The attention to detail, the unbelievable customer service, the dining, the facilities, its just perfect.
We booked the hotel long before it had opened on Expedia which offered a complimentary upgrade to a preferred guest room. We had never been to Mexico before and I actually had no idea what preferred guest even offered but booked anyway.
From the moment we arrived we felt like everything had been taken care of for us. We were given a cold towel and whisked off to the 21st floor for private check in. Our luggage was prompt to come to our room and our concierge was incredibly informative.
We dined at all the restaurants and the food was 5 star at each one as was the service. On the last night my husband organised a private dinner on our balcony and it was absolutely beautiful. Much more private than the beach and an amazing view. Our waiter Victor really made the night for us with his great customer care.
We visited the spa daily and tried a variety of treatments high were all terrific. The spa is beautiful and so relaxing! I could have spent all day there. The hydotherapy pools are a must. On my second day I started to feel a little unwell, throat and muscle pain and he spa manager Jeorge, went the extra mile making sure that some hot herbal tea, lemon and honey were sent to my room as I rested. Now that is AMAZING service, I will never forget that.
Prefect for couples, such a bonus that there are no children. Book the preferred guest, it gives you access to the preferred pool on the 12 level which is much quieter and intimate than the regular pools. And the higher floors are a lot nicer views. Cant wait to come back.

• Stayed September 2012
13 Thank NCTravelling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,514)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We just returned from a 7 night stay at the vine and can not wait to go back! Everything was amazing. The food, staff, beach, pools all were excellent.

My favorite place to eat was the Italian restaurant Nebbilio. We ate here several nights because I couldn't get enough of their dipping sauce they give you with bread. Also every entree I tried was delicious.
We ate at the Blue Water Grill (Steakhouse) too and that too was very good. The chicken was perfectly seasoned and the baked potato with sour cream and rosemary was delicious.
If you decide on ordering room service my boyfriend was very happy to find they deliver rib eyes to the room !!

The market cafe (buffet) was good too. The food was served hot and always had a nice variety. You dont have to worry here about the food or drinks i ate everything I wanted (including salads, fruit, frozen drinks) and did not get sick.

The beach has that beautiful Cancun blue water and the pools are nice.I am more of a beach person and it is gorgeous here. As soon as you walk out toward the ocean they ask if they can set up an umbrella for you.Everyone was very nice.

If you are more of a pool person be out by the pool at 1PM, all the chefs come out and hand deliver you gourmet snacks!!! Blanca was our favorite server by the pool!! Thanks for all your running around with our group lol.

The entertainment staff were awesome, Beth, Alan, Sandy and Winnie we miss you guys! We went with them out to the clubs and had a great time. I would recommend doing this as they get you past the lines, you get a table and it is all you can drink, most nights cost about 40$. Mandala and CoCo Bongo were our favorites.

Make sure you catch the juggler show, it was very entertaining!!

Also, try the Swedish couples massage at the spa... it was AMAZING :)

Room Tip: Leave the sink running full blast all night if the morning hallway noise bothers you..we left ours o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank Roli0143
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went here for our honeymoon and it was absolutely incredible! It's very clean. The only reason I gave cleanliness a 4 is because I like to walk barefoot in the room and I wished the floor would've been mopped a bit more frequently.

The customer service is amazing! I have to give a shout out to Alberto as he was so good to us. He even wanted to take us to dinner one evening but we just couldn't find the time as we planned so many excursions. Another shout out goes to Eric at the concierge desk. My husband didn't bring pants but we both really wanted to try the sushi restaurant, dragon(there's a dress code there). Eric offered to pick up a pair of pants for my hubbs and bring them the next day he was at work. Talk about amazing customer service! Thanks guys!

We had a great trip and would love to visit again!!!

• Stayed September 2012
6 Thank Manddi
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am a Honeymoon and Destination Wedding specialist who was atending a 5 days event touring properties all over the Cancun, Riviera Maya and Tulum. We visited at least 12 different properties. I was truly impressed with this property. I spoke with a young couple as I was passing by and asked them about their stay at this resort and how they liked it. They said they had traveled a lot and this was the best property they had ever stayed at. This a modern style property for adults only situated right in the heart of Cancun. They offer unlimited all-inclusive luxury, with breath-taking views of the Caribbean Sea. This property has free wi-fi for their guests, no matter what category you book. No wrist bands, 24 hour room service, several ala cart restaurants to choose from, wine tastings from their amazing wine selection. I had the opportunity to have lunch at the resort and it was very good. I don't normally eat chocolate, but they had this amazing chocolate dessert with berries that was to die for. I made the mistake of just trying it, but I couldn't seem to put my fork down. The energy at this property was high and everyone seemed to be really enjoying themselves. The wedding displays were also amazing. This would be a great location for a destination wedding. Secrets is always a winner in my eyes. Each property has it's own personality, no two are the same, that is why it is good to talk to a professional when booking, to match your own style. They always provide great service and a good product. I will definitely return to this property in the near future.

Room Tip: All rooms above 21st floor are all preferred club. So, if you want a higher floor you will need to b...
11 Thank CruiseTime1
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a weeks stay at this fabulous resort. We have stayed at Secrets Capri several times and Secrets Maroma once. We traveled with 2 other couples who had never stayed at an adults only resort and they loved it.
The entire staff was extremely gracious. Always made sure you had what every you needed, if they didn't have it right on the spot they would get it and bring it to you.
RESTAURANTS: The food was wonderful. We at at the Bluewater Grill twice. The steaks had wonderful flavor and were cooked to perfection. We also had the Tuna cooked medium rare and one cooked rare, it was wonderful and also done to perfection. The baked potato, grilled asparagus, potato souffle as sides are also wonderful. The avocado Artichoke salad with hearts of palm is a must have.The dragons restaurant was wonderful as well, however there is one area of the restaurant that is very dark, but they may get that changed over time. We asked to be moved to a more well lite area and they accomodated us quickly. Seafood chop suey and miso soup was wonderful. Nebbiolo is the italian restaurant, the entire meal for all 6 of us was great. Be sure and go to the barefoot grill next to the sugar reef bar for lunch. Cesar and Antonio will grill you a hamburger, flank steak or fresh catch of the day. There is also a small buffet with guacamole, chips, rice, steak fajitas, etc. Be sure and be around the pool area between 12:30-1:00 as all of the chefs come out with a tray of hor dourves in each hand, they start on the "bridge" and then walk around the pool area and give everyone a sample. Fabulous touch that I have never seen at any of the other Secrets resorts. The Market Cafe is the only place for breakfast. You can either sit inside or outside on the deck and have a beautiful view of the Caribbean. There is a great variety of cold and hot foods. There is a chef that will make omelets or eggs to your liking. There is also a bloody Mary and Mimosa area. Sea Salt Grill was where we had surf and turf. We happen to go there on the night of the Chef's special, the steak was cooked to perfection and the lobster tail was wonderful. The chef came out to our table to make sure everything was OK.
ROOMS: We had 3 rooms on the 19th floor. Rooms are very nice with his and her sinks, glassed in shower with rain shower head in the ceiling and regular shower head in the wall, seperate glassed in water closet. There is a coffee maker, blow dryer, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc. in the rooms. All rooms have a nice sized balcony with 2 or 3 wicker chairs with cushions and a small table. The standard rooms do not have tubs and for those of you that like a full length mirror, they do not have those either. The rooms that we had faced the pool area. There are 3 pools, a lap pool, a bigger pool for water sports and another pool for the preferred area, we did not talk to anybody that was in that area but the pool is very nice. We did have a short amount of time one morning when we did not have any water in the rooms, we called the front desk and that was fixed in approx. one hour. The WIFI worked great in the rooms and the market cafe. We did not try it in the other restaurants, so not sure how it would work anywhere else. I had read reviews before we left of complaints about the elevators dinging and people could hear it in the rooms. It appears as this problem has been taken care of because there is no more dinging elevators.
SPA: 3 out of the 6 of us visited the spa on the 12th floor. There is a steam room, sauna, hot tub, cool water area and very nice showers. The massage rooms were very relaxing. There is a very nice relaxing area with approximately 8 two person chairs for relaxing before and after your treatments.
BEACH: There is wonderful service by the staff on the beach. The bartenders and wait staff rotate between the beach and the pool on a daily basis. They will get you chairs, umbrellas, food, drinks, etc. They are all wonderful, so if you see Charlie, Pita, Diago, Freddy, Erica, Jaime please let them know how much you apprciate their hard work.
ENTERTAINMENT STAFF: Sandy, Alan, Victor, Winnie, Beth. All are very personable and fun. If you want to do water aerobics, beach volleyball, Texas hole em, dance lessons, Spanish lessons, guessing game etc. they will be the ones that get you going. What we really enjoy about all of the Secrets resorts entertainment staff is the fact that they ask you and if you do not want to join in they do not continue to bother you like some of the other resorts that we have stayed at.
SPORTS BAR: There is a pool table and several flat screen TV's throughout the bar. Alfredo will probably be your bartender there, and of course like the rest of the staff at the resort he will take exceptional care of you.
I also, want to mention Zulecia and Huerberto the two concierge's that we know from being at Secrets Capri. They both met us in the lobby right after we got our champagne from the staff to "Welcome us Home" it was great to see them both again.
This resort had only been open for a month when we arrived, yes I will say there are a few minor things that need to be addressed, such as needing new beach chairs, getting furniture on all of the balcony's etc., keep in mind they have only been open for a month and the extreme friendliness of the staff and the perfection of the food far outweigh a beach chair. We all feel that but for the promotional rate that we paid for this resort, all in all I have to say it was fabulous. Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have before traveling to this beautiful property.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
11 Thank DJChristian
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Unfortunately, The Vine resort has made our honeymoon anything but special. Of course we are enjoying the pool and sun, but the customer service has been an unbelievable let down.

First, we were scheduled to arrive on Monday the 24th, however I had an emergency that kepy us in our home town for a day. We made sure to call BOOKIT.com who we booked through, and let them know we needed to change our stay from the 25th through the 30th. Same length of time, just different dates. They told us they spoke with the resort The Vine and everything was settled just fine.

We arrived Tuesday around noon. Of course, there was an issue with check in. The Vine claims to never have spoken to our recieved any confirmation of us changing our dates, so they claimed we were "no shows" on Monday and planned to charge us for our no show date. We then spent an hour and half on the phone with bookit, who placed us on hold to call The Vine. Basically it turned into an hour and a half of fingers pointing at whose fault it was. It was ridiculous.

Finally, we were given our correct dates and proceeded to the room. Upon entering, there was nothing that we had been promised as far as the honeymoon package. Also, the throw pillows and bedding was folded on the chair, this room had not been prepared. In addition, we had one lounge chair on the deck, as I peeked to the other balcony's, which all had 2. It is the little things that make the difference.

After dinner, we returned to the room around 9:30pm to find NO TURN DOWN SERVICE. We had asked for this to be done down at the front check in desk which they assured us would be done between 6-8 I believe... well no one showed up for us.

We asked for our honeymoon package again, and over 24 hours later, it is STILL NOT HERE! There was a "happy anniversary" sign on the door when we arrived this morning after the gym and breakfast. Sorry, but this is not that difficult to figure out. We thought, "maybe they finally delivered the goods" and upon entering the door, NOTHING was here. Very strange in our opinion. We had walked in when the sign was hanging to find 3 of the staff in our room folding a robe, so we told them we would come back later as we thought they were making our room all nice with the honeymoon package. Upon returning probably 30 minutes later, nothing was there! They had draped a robe over my luggage - strange. What could they have done and why were they in our room?? This was NOT maid service as we had already met the woman earlier who changed the sheets, etc.

We have spoken with over 7 people at the front desk and concierge and nothing has changed. We asked for an upgrade for the troubles and none was offered or given. We then called the front desk later on Tuesday and the woman replied she would call us back in regards to discussing an upgrade - that call never came.

Also, you can hear everything in the halls while sleeping, and the fire alarm also went off our first night. They never made an announcement to say if it was a true fire or not, so many people stood around on our hall wondering what to do.

The resort is clean, comfortable, and the beach is just fine.

The bottom line is each person has made excuses and no one has offered solutions. Anyone who has been in the service industry (both my husband and I years ago) know that the 'customer is always right'. It looks very poor on Secrets that their staff has been so neglegent of agitated guests. We are extremely dissappointed in the level of customer service and resort.

14 Thank emily s
SecretsTheVine, E-Concierge at Secrets The Vine Cancun, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for allowing us to host this important celebration, on behalf of our Secrets The Vine Staff, We are sad to hear our services do not meet your expectations and apologize for these.

We acknowledge receipt of your comments related to your stay at our resort and we would like to review your experience personally. We would like to kindly ask you if you could contact us at your convenience at info.sevcu@secrestresorts.com or if you prefer at extension 3118.

Hoping you to have a pleasant stay,

Zuleica Ávila
Concierge & Social Media Coordinator
info.sevcu@secretsresorts.com
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great staff. Great pools. The best food we have ever had in the caribbean. Not the prettiest Secrets as far as landscaping, but Cancun is not the most tropical looking place compared to Riviera Maya or Tulum or Dominican or any of the Islands. Except for the ocean, the landscaping is pretty much like a hotel in Florida. Entertainment staff is great. (love Winnie Pooh and Beth), but they are all wonderful. As far as bars, Isreal in the Piano bar is great, (and has Crown Royal, and Grey Goose but you have to ask as it is not sitting out). Shhhh Also, Jesus is a riot! Very fun! All in all, EXCELLENT vacation! And as always, Secrets dominates for the 1st class experience. We would probably not stay at THIS resort because we like the more tropical sites that Cancun just doesn't have. We will stay at one of the others Secrets that we have been to for this reason.

Room Tip: Any room is good, we dont feel its worth "upgrading" for the price. Most of the time you...
9 Thank MajorFlash1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Le Blanc Spa Resort
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
#5 of 181 in Cancun
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,399 reviews

Been to Secrets The Vine Cancun? Share your experiences!