“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #28 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband and I are having a wonderful vacation and are sad to say we are leaving tomorrow. My room was nice with a beautiful view of the sea. A special thank-you to Ariel at the front desk. She was so helpful with all my questions. She always had a smile on her face and made everyone feel welcome. Vanessa at bar one is so professional. Always greeting you with her radiant smile. She was always quick serving us and knew what we wanted to drink. Both women would always say " It was a pleasure to serve you" Well it is our pleasure to say thank-you to you! Coming back February 26 for ten days to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Can't wait.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, allow me to thank you on behalf of all the staff for staying at Sandos Cancun, it has been a true pleasure for us to serve you throughout your stay.

We are very glad to know that you could enjoy of a pleasant stay and that our team could find an accommodation where you were comfortable, especially enjoying the magnificent view of the Caribbean Sea.

Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your arrival at: webrelations.cancun@sandos.com and I will personally take care to set everything to make your 30th. anniversary a memorable one at Sandos Cancun.

Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (770)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort January 6-12 2014. From the moment we arrived (champagne and rose was a nice touch) we felt well taken care of. Alejandro at the front desk was so nice and exchanged my money into pesos and explained exactly what each was worth. We had a great room with a fantastic view of the ocean from the 5th floor. The food at Zango was so delicious. We had never been to an all inclusive resort and we were a bit nervous about the food. From our first meal at Zango we knew we had made a great choice. Unfortunately we had 4 days of rain, but once the sun came out I was in heaven. My boyfriend discovered the single hammocks on the patio facing the ocean. On the second day of sunshine I spent the afternoon and into the evening relaxing and reading my book. EXACTLY what I wanted!! The drinks were all fantastic and we felt they were not "watered down" as many of the reviews indicated. I had read in one of the reviews to prearrange your taxi service to the hotel. We went with Best Day transportation. They were right on time when picking us up at the airport and the hotel when our trip was over. We really loved this relaxing small resort and plan to return. Hopefully the weather will be better next time.

Room Tip: Our room was at the very end of the hall (LT side of the building) facing the ocean. The floors are...
2 Thank Karen O
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Sandos Cancun, we appreciate you to share with us your experience.

At Sandos we have all worked hard to develop a unique gastronomical experience unparalleled to any other, a Total Gourmet Experience where you can try different Gourmet food every day and night of the week in sophisticated and modern atmospheres.

All of our guests truly enjoy of a relaxing time in our patio with a collection of hammocks overlooking the majestic blue sea of the Caribbean, the ideal spot to leave the world behind.

It wil be our pleasure to welcome you back to Sandos Cancun and provide you another Luxury Experience.

london
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We are currently part way through a 10 day stay at the Sandos Hotel and if we could, we would quite happily change hotels or return home early. Of the 7 days we have been here, 4 of them have been spent with ear plugs in, trying to get some sleep!

The hotel sells itself as a luxury experience, but this is far from the truth. It is a wedding and corporate event 'hell'. During the week there are large groups of loud, obnoxious and totally unaware Americans preparing to celebrate their wedding. This means that the pool area is mobbed with drunk guests, the poor pool staff are over run with requests and you struggle to get a sun bed or umbrella unless you get up very early and do the selfish towel reservation routine.

But that's not the worst of it. If you are unfortunate enough to get allocated an even numbered room (beware only half the rooms have balconies) then you are also subjected to deafeningly loud outdoor music from a roof terrace where the weddings and events are held. This is literally right outside all the rooms on one side of the hotel. This means that half of the hotel is unable to hear themselves think from their rooms until well after midnight when the events have finished and the staff have dragged the furniture and equipment away.

We complained (as did many others) but nothing changed and we were subjected to a 'corporate team event' the following evening and have now found out yet another wedding will be taking place this Saturday. Oh what joy...

Of course people should enjoy themselves, but this is not what we the hotel is promoting itself as. If we had wanted a party hotel, we would have booked one.

On the plus side, the staff are very welcoming and helpful and the food is top quality. But it's a shame we won't be remembering our stay because of these very positive points.

If you are coming to Cancun, or have already booked a room in Sandos, we would strongly recommend you consider rebooking next door at 'Secrets the Vine'.

2 Thank rockethas
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancun, as well for taking the time to share with us your feedback about your recent stay at the Resort.

Please accept my genuine apology for the issues faced during your stay, especially if our events caused you uncomfortable moments. Here at Sandos Cancun, there are occasions when events are held, however, thinking in our guests’ rest, the Resort’s Policy stats that outdoors events must be end at most at 11:00 p.m.

We are glad to know that besides of this issue, you enjoyed of our service and Total Gourmet Experience.

We will be grateful to have the opportunity to welcome you back and this time provide your our real Luxury Experience.

Kind regards!
Wynne, Arkansas
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I just wanted to let you know about 3 employees who went over and beyond and were great during our stay. Arturo and Jesus Blanco at the Season's Restaurant and Carlos Manterola at the help desk. They were great and I would like for them to be recognized. Especially Arturo, he could not have been a better waiter.

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you to my attention the excellent service provided by these members of our staff. Your kind comments are truly motivation for my team, please be sure that they will be greeted properly.

We hope to welcome you back soon to have the opportunity and pleasure of serving you again.

Best regards!
Washington, DC
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Sandos Dec. 21-29, 2013 to celebrate the holidays and our anniversary. We had been to Cancun and other parts of Mexico many times, but decided to try a new, smaller resort. It turned out to be an excellent choice. We don’t often stay at all-inclusives because we have favorite restaurants in Cancun, but we’re glad we did because it was well worth it, even when we ate dinner out a couple of times. We found the food to be delicious and varied and the service to be outstanding(more about that later).

When we arrived, we were warmly greeted and received champagne and a rose. Ilaria was very welcoming as she checked us in and assured us that we got a great room and location. We arrived early so we had to wait a little while for our room to be ready, but we were given an intro to the hotel that was informative and not pushy. When we got to our room, we were VERY happy. We had booked a deluxe room and it was on the 6th floor on the corner closest to the beach. We had a balcony with a gorgeous view of the pools and beach and the room was lovely with a large stone-tiled bathroom, ample closet space (we’re heavy packers), a safe, and a mini bar that was restocked (almost) daily.

Our room was kept clean and once we asked for extra hangers, towels or bottled water, they were replenished quickly. In fact, anything we asked for, either in our room or elsewhere, received a prompt response. There was never a need to complain about anything, just ask.

There are three infinity pools, one below the other, where we lounged each day. The one at the top was heated while the other two were cold. It didn’t bother us as we worked our way down and got used to the water. I took a water aerobics class one day that was fun. There were other activities, like beach volleyball, but we wanted to relax.

In the afternoons, when the sun was blocked by the tall hotel next door, we moved to the beach where there was plenty of sun. We found lounge chairs or an available beach bed and it was perfect. Waiters served food and drinks at the pool and beach and at the patio restaurant St. Trop. They also put out a buffet where we could help ourselves to pizza, chicken, burgers, fruit, etc. Throughout the day, we enjoyed our fair share of yummy tropical drinks. Lindbergh and others made sure we had whatever we wanted or needed.

The food was very good in the restaurants. We enjoyed breakfast each morning at their buffet restaurant Zango, which was superior to most hotel breakfast buffets. You can get made-to-order omelets, pancakes, and crepes and choose from tables of fresh juices, mimosas, bloody Marys, fruit, meats, cheese, smoked salmon, yogurt, pastries, Mexican dishes, etc. Everything was fresh and beautifully presented. We often had dinner at Zengo because they varied the food (we love sampling) and the service was great. My husband asked me to be sure to mention the delicious and beautiful desserts prepared by their talented pastry chef, Anahi. She is an artist! Special thanks to our favorite waiters: Diego at breakfast, Carlos, and especially Limbergh at breakfast, the pool and beach, and Erick at dinner. On our last night we ate at the a la carte restaurant Seasons. It was outstanding and Jorge provided excellent service. We wish we had tried it earlier. We never made it to Gaijin, the Teppanaki restaurant, though we heard it was delicious and entertaining.

In the evenings, we usually went out, but we often enjoyed a nightcap at Bar One. Some nights they had live music or flamenco dancing, which was wonderful. One night, we ordered room service for coffee and dessert and it came in less than 20 minutes.

Because we ate and drank so well, we forced ourselves to work out in their gym several times. It is well-equipped and there is no fee. The spa is beautiful and my husband enjoyed a massage and the sauna. I had my head buried in a great book, so I never took the time to try it out. Next time.

The service all-around, from front desk & bellmen to housekeeping & waitstaff, was excellent! And I must add a special mention of their GM Martina Rodriguez. I sent a message to her before our arrival and she made sure everything was perfect for us. I never got a chance to meet her during our stay, but I want to commend her for her attention and her terrific staff.

Finally, I have to add a note about tipping at all-inclusives. Even though your package may say all tips (propina) are included, I’m sure a tiny part goes to the people doing the work. I understand then that tips are optional, but everyone at Sandos works extremely hard. Tips are an important part of their income and are the standard way of showing appreciation for good service. I encourage everyone to bring small bills (dollars or pesos) and tip as you go along. We always do and it is appreciated.

Thank you to Ms. Rodriguez and EVERYONE who made our vacation so wonderful! We look forward to coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and room closest to the beach side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JillianDC
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Sandos Cancun and for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your Luxury Experience in our Resort.

It looks like everything went well exceeding your expectation even when you were in doubt regarding to an All Inclusive Resort. Here at Sandos Cancun we have developed a Total Gourmet Experience, a unique gastronomical experience unparalleled to any other.

Your wonderful words for our staff are greatly appreciated and touching, we take pride for our hard working staffs that with their personalized service and attention to detail turn your vacation into a memorable experience.

We will be more than happy to welcome you back, do not hesitate to contact me prior your arrival at: webrelations.cancun@sandos.com, it will be our true pleasure to serve you again.

Englewood, New Jersey
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Thank you to ALL that made our trip such a wonderful, relaxing experience. If begins with I remember almost all the staff names. That should tell you something right away. It all begins with Alfredo at the front door, who is officially "security" but acts way more like a concierge. He is a directions expert and always knew how to get us anything we needed. Then we checked in with a wonderful front desk staff who could not be more welcoming. On to Isaura, Valentina, and Carlos, our concierges, who made us feel like we were the only ones there. Alejandro at the pool always made sure our cabana was ready and perfect. Felipe was in charge of our room every day, and every day it was cleaned and perfect. Martin and Lorena, from the Royal Elite Club, were so wonderful that we decided to become members!!! Finally, Martina...the BIG boss. It is easy to see after meeting Martina how/why her staff is as they are. Because SHE is awsome as well, and it passes on down the line. Can't wait to return!!! We are the Pipito's...I want the staff to see this and know how wonderful they made us feel. THANK YOU.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank David S
Prince Albert, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband & I spent a wonderful relaxing week at Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort Jan 7 - 14, 2014. From the moment we arrived to the day we left the service was excellent! We were greeted with Champagne & a single red rose for the ladies. The front desk staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Our Concierge Valentina was very helpful and checked with us throughout our stay checking if there was anything we needed. She is a great asset to the resort!

The rooms were clean, turn down service in the evening is a great added touch that we appreciated. Towels were replaced twice a day if needed. Beds are very comfortable! We didn't take advantage of the Pillow Menu as we found the pillows on our bed very comfortable.

For us Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience felt more like a couples resort than a family resort. Yes there were families there but seemed that there was very little if any programing for the kids. Not a resort that I would take children to that are busy and need programing. If you are looking for a place to go to get away from the busy party crowd this is a great place to do just that.

The evenings have different activities going on in Bar One! Tuesday night was Black Jack night, which was fun. One night was A Minute To Win It...this was fun but they only had 3 people play the games. I felt it was finished too early, would have like to see it go on a bit longer maybe giving another group of 3 to play. The Jamaican band that played on Thursday in Bar One instead of St Troop because it was raining was awesome! It would have been awesome to have them play longer and into the evening! Great to dance to them.

The pool areas are kept clean at all times. Towels available, Alejandro who took care of the cabana's, loungers and pool area did a great job! He was attentive to our needs. We had a Cabana bed by the bottom pool reserved for us four of the 7 days we were there. It was made up each morning for us and if we needed our towels swapping out there were.

The service from St. Trop was fabulous! Sergio is an excellent bartender! He made a special drink each day for me depending on my tastes, sweet, sour or a combination of both! I tried many different cocktails and each one was to my liking!! Daniel & Jesus took care of the bar on Sergio's day off and they were just as awesome! Lindbergh was great, he kept the drinks coming without us having to ask for them, he knew what we were drinking. He kept an eye and knew exactly when we were ready for another one. We met a lady who was celebrating her birthday on that particular day, my husband arranged with Lindbergh to bring a special shot and cake to celebrate her birthday!!! Oscar was another waiter at St. Trop that took great care of us. St. Trop has a menu that you can order from or you can eat from the buffet in the afternoons. Which ever you choose the food is great!

We had a blast at the Cocktail class held on Wednesdays at St. Trop with Sergio, Alfonso and I am sorry I can't recall the name of the other guy that was there.

Breakfast buffet at Zango was really good! Lots of choices from fruits, yogurt, cereal, breads, bacon, sausages and so on. Also you can have crepes made right in front of you with your choice of filling.

We enjoyed a luxurious dinner at Seasons, which is Molecular Cuisine. This is a first come first served restaurant and wish Smart Casual dress is required. Men cannot wear shorts or sandals. A button down shirt is required. This was our time to dress up for the evening. The food was very good but the portions are small. Later that evening my husband ordered room service as he felt Seasons still a bit hungry!

Gaijin - Teppanyaki Cuisine is the only restaurant that you need a reservation for. Our chef Efrain was awesome. Not only is Efrain a good chef but a great entertainer too. The food was excellent! This is the second time we have attended this type of restaurant and my husband enjoyed this experience much better. Efrain did an awesome job making it a wonderful experience for us, Thank You Efrain!!

If you get chance to relax in one of the hammock chairs on the patio, do so. They are so comfortable....I would to have one of these chairs like this at home. A great place to sit with a good book and a tasty cocktail from Bar One!

Samuel, Luis & Alberta at Bar One helped make our time there wonderful! They are very good at their job! It was also nice to have Sergio working in the evenings at Bar One, his knowledge on drink making is vast and he was short of an idea for a great cocktail. Thanks guys for everything!!

Overall we had a wonderful time at Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort! It was so relaxing and enjoyable. We look forward to a return visit one day!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony closer to the beach on the Secrets side, you get a nice view of the Ca...
2 Thank Corinne S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
#2 of 37 in Isla Mujeres
Grand Oasis Palm
Grand Oasis Palm
#49 of 175 in Cancun

Been to Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort? Share your experiences!