“As advertised...”

Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort
Ranked #27 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was the first place I've been where the pictures don't do the resort justice. The food was top notch, the service was outstanding, the views were amazing and I've never felt so relaxed. If you're looking to party, go somewhere else. If you're looking to get a temporary reprieve from everyday life, this is the place. Check in was a breeze. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived but the front desk staff were very accommodating. She gave us our wristbands and we had a much needed relaxing lunch while we waited. All the serving staff were outstanding it would be hard to single one out but Jose at St. Trop deserves acknowledgement. Tip the staff, they deserve it. Don't be a cheapskate.
Thank you Sandos, can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a balcony. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Rick F
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancun to spend your vacation, it has been a true pleasure for me and my team to serve you throughout your stay.

Here at Sandos Cancun, through our social media channels we try hard to show our guests how truly their experience will be. Once you’re here we all work hard for you to live the real Luxury Experience of Sandos Cancun where our gastronomy and personalized service distinguishes us.

We hope to welcome you back soon at your new home in Cancún, Sandos.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel was on the main strip of hotels in Cancun, had wonderful beach access, incredibly good amenities and beautiful rooms. The restaurants were limited to 4 places, which is a little on the small side, but the food was great, especially the Tappanjaki experience.

I have two complaints about this resort, cleanliness and customer service. Customer service was brutally slow. Room service failed to answer calls, and dinner took us 2 hours for the main course to be served. If you can handle long waits, this won't be a problem. As for cleanliness, there was an incredibly large amount of soap scum/calcium buildup on the shower glass, which is kind of disgusting when walking into your hotel room.

Overall, I rated this hotel average in my experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Chris P
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sandos Cancún as well for taking part of your precious time to share with us your feedback.

Here at Sandos Cancún we have all worked hard to develop a unique gastronomical experience unparalleled to any other. Our Total Gourmet Experience offers different Gourmet food every day and night of the week in sophisticated and modern atmospheres, including our showcooking which you enjoyed the most.

Through this way I would like to extend my apologies for the issues faced during your stay, I greatly appreciate you to point me this opportunity areas which we will be working on.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Resort and this time provide you and excellent rate experience.

Kind regards!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My family and I travelled April 2013 for 5 days and loved this resort. The entertainment team, Alfonzo, Maurico, and Ricardo are absolutely fabulous! They were so friendly to myself, brother (19) and parents. Ricardo was especially kind, he spent almost an entire evening talking to my family and I! Although there is no entertainment spot, the hotel lobby bar is kind of where the action is at night. There was a Casino night one night (with fake chips of course) and a game night one night with volunteers and a competition which was quite entertaining. This resort is absolutely beautiful. I don't know how its not #1 in Cancun. The rooms were kind of an odd shape but the view of that water, how amazing. The food selection was kind of minimal at lunch, the buffet isn't as large as other resorts I've been to, but the resort is on the smaller scale. The Japanese a la carte wasn't very good, can't remember the other ones. The bell boy Alfredo is extremely kind and continues to talk to you throughout your whole trip. There were lots of activities at the pool and the beach, and this resort has a couple infinity pools which were amazing! The beach you can walk on for miles, but it was definitely extremely windy this time of year on the beach, and there wasn't any tropical storms but the waves were definitely strong. There is a fun pool game where they play movie soundtrack theme songs and you have to guess the name of the film by yelling SANDOS. Definitely the high light of my trip, the fact that I won a bottle of tequila didn't hurt either! My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are returning this Christmas again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience of your recent stay at Sandos Cancún.

Being a small boutique Hotel, Sandos offers a personalized service which our staff is aim to please and provide you with any assistance throughout your stay.

We wil be more than glad to welcome you back on Christmas and see is you can win another bottle of tequila either in our entertainment activities or in our Champagne Party. Please feel free to write me at: webrelations.cancun@sandos.com and let me you when you are coming.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Sandos. The place is absolutely beautiful. The rooms are spacious, beds aren't very comfortable.. but pillow menu was helpful.. balcony overlooking the pool was very relaxing. Pools were amazing. Staff at this resort was awesome.. very attentive. Ricardo (entertainment staff) was a joy to see daily, he really helped make our stay there memorable, and has offered to email me recipes from our cooking classes. Poncho (Edwardo?) was also extremely helpful. The morning breakfast staff ( we had two older men waiting on us) was extremely attentive. I wish I could remember all of the names of the staff that made our stay wonderful. Daniel in Seasons, the bartender at the pool bar who did cocktail classes last week, the waiter that walked the pool areas serving was awesome. Osiriz at the front desk was extremely helpful. Watching the staff play soccer was amusing. Most of the food we ate was great. There were only a couple things we weren't happy with... one - lack of diet drinks.. two - uncomfortable beds

Room Tip: pool side rooms have wonderful sunset views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

First of all, allow me to congratulate you on your 25th. Anniversary, it was an honor that you chose Sandos Cancún to celebrate such an important date.

Due to our guest’s suggestions and comments we have recently implemented a pillow menu featuring 5 different kinds of pillows to ensure your rest and comfort.

Our cooking classes are a nice moment to get to know other guests and to know some of our kitchen’s secrets for you to try at home, we will make sure to send you the recipes.

We hope to welcome you back on your 26th. Anniversary and make it wonderful once more.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE this RESORT. Food is exceptional oh my goodness *drools* (all you can eat lobster by the pool!) and caters to food allergies, customer service is extraordinary, housekeeping is on top of it, the pool/beach environment is fantastic. Just tip your server at the end of the day or whom ever is assisting you, and you get your cabana, your drinks, and food in no time really awesome. The beds are very comfortable, and your mini fridge is stocked everyday, the hotel itself is gorgeous, and VERY safe security, and gated, which was a HUGE relief to me - honestly I didn't leave the resort once to go downtown, I was quite content staying put. The spa was HEAVEN my husband and I had a couples massage it was perfect, very beautiful architecture, and lay out.

Any requests, or concerns were immediately handled, and the manager is very hands on and accommodating to the guests.

(Side Note) Cancun is known for violence, and drug related situations in the night scene, so I would encourage those going downtown at night to be extremely careful and don't travel by cab, but get on a shuttle, or hire a driver, I used a highly professional and safe driving service called ASTA as recommended by the Mexican Transportation Authority to travel straight from the airport, to the resort, then they picked us up and dropped us back at the airport on our departure day. (Just a suggestion for some peace of mind)

Room Tip: On an off season you may be able to snag yourself an oceanfront room, or be upgraded for a small fee...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Natasha5683

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Luxury Experience at Sandos Cancún.

Here at Sandos Cancun we try our best to accommodate to all of our guests and provide them a pleasant stay, we have received several guests with food allergies, vegetarians and restricted diets and they have all been accommodated with special menus from our Chef.

Regarding to the security issues at Cancún, we encourage all travelers to come without hesitation, Cancún is a safe city, we have serious agencies working on transportation, tour agencies and inside the Resort we have a security team working for your safety.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back at Sandos Cancún on your next getaway.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My sister and I spent 4 days at Sandos and we very pleased with the room,the staff especially the concierge Luis. The food was outstanding and always fresh. The lobby bar which is Bar One is absolutely beautiful and Samwell was a great bartender. The staff at the pool were also very attentive and were very friendly taking time to talk to us and find out about us,a very personal touch.The only thing negative that I would say is that the pool is only in the sun until about noon due to the tall Secrets the Vine next door so you have to move to the beach. They do have some very comfortable bed swings out on the beach. All in all we would definitely return!

Room Tip: Higher floor toward the ocean have beautiful views and I would upgrade to a balcony room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Cancunlover41
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún, it’s a pleasure to know that you truly enjoyed your stay with us.

Here at Sandos Cancún our personalized service and gastronomy distinguishes us, we are very glad to know that we could honor these facts.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future for you to enjoy another days of pure luxury in Cancún.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

we came here for 3 nights and were very happy. the service was great. breakfast buffet and the rest of the food were wonderful (no matter where we went - and we went to all restaurants in the hotel). room service food was a little less impressive. pool and beach were great.

room spacious and clean. bed very comfortable. shower with strong current and very hot water like I like it, with comfy towels and good toiletries.

we were there late-october when the turtles were hatching so we got to see them being returned to the ocean at evening time.

cons:
1) it's a bit too quiet. almost no activities. even activities which are written are sometimes not happening. but the quiet ambiance of the hotel is not necessarily bad and can be great for some people.
2) the huge secrets hotel adjacent to sandos is blocking the pool-area sun after about 14 o'clock. if you want to be in the sun you have to go to the beach...
3) a little too expensive (value-for-money-wise).

anyways, we had a great time there...
thanks again,
sarit and daniel.

Room Tip: we were on the 7th floor facing north and it was good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel S

Dear Sarit & Daniel,

Thank you for staying at Sandos Cancún! It has been a true pleasure for me and my team to serve throughout your stay.

We are glad to know that you could enjoy of something so special such is the sea turtle release. As a part of our environmental policies, Sandos supports the Sea Turtle protection program taking special care from the moment they nest in our beach until the releasing.

We appreciate you to share with us your feedback, we will work on it in order to provide our guests the best vacation experience.

Do not hesitate to come back to Sandos Cancún for another romantic getaway in the Mexican Caribbean.