Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort
$495
$328
Agoda.com
4,674 results
All reviewsle meridienseasons restaurantst tropluxury experiencezango restaurantthe penthousegreeted with champagnetennis courtscasino nightsmaller resortpool restaurantpool sideconcierge desksteam roommexican nightcevicherelaxing vacation
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My sister and I spent 4 days at Sandos and we very pleased with the room,the staff especially the concierge Luis. The food was outstanding and always fresh. The lobby bar which is Bar One is absolutely beautiful and Samwell was a great bartender. The staff at the pool were also very attentive and were very friendly taking time to talk to us and find out about us,a very personal touch.The only thing negative that I would say is that the pool is only in the sun until about noon due to the tall Secrets the Vine next door so you have to move to the beach. They do have some very comfortable bed swings out on the beach. All in all we would definitely return!

Room Tip: Higher floor toward the ocean have beautiful views and I would upgrade to a balcony room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Cancunlover41
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún, it’s a pleasure to know that you truly enjoyed your stay with us.

Here at Sandos Cancún our personalized service and gastronomy distinguishes us, we are very glad to know that we could honor these facts.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future for you to enjoy another days of pure luxury in Cancún.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

we came here for 3 nights and were very happy. the service was great. breakfast buffet and the rest of the food were wonderful (no matter where we went - and we went to all restaurants in the hotel). room service food was a little less impressive. pool and beach were great.

room spacious and clean. bed very comfortable. shower with strong current and very hot water like I like it, with comfy towels and good toiletries.

we were there late-october when the turtles were hatching so we got to see them being returned to the ocean at evening time.

cons:
1) it's a bit too quiet. almost no activities. even activities which are written are sometimes not happening. but the quiet ambiance of the hotel is not necessarily bad and can be great for some people.
2) the huge secrets hotel adjacent to sandos is blocking the pool-area sun after about 14 o'clock. if you want to be in the sun you have to go to the beach...
3) a little too expensive (value-for-money-wise).

anyways, we had a great time there...
thanks again,
sarit and daniel.

Room Tip: we were on the 7th floor facing north and it was good.
1  Thank Daniel S

Dear Sarit & Daniel,

Thank you for staying at Sandos Cancún! It has been a true pleasure for me and my team to serve throughout your stay.

We are glad to know that you could enjoy of something so special such is the sea turtle release. As a part of our environmental policies, Sandos supports the Sea Turtle protection program taking special care from the moment they nest in our beach until the releasing.

We appreciate you to share with us your feedback, we will work on it in order to provide our guests the best vacation experience.

Do not hesitate to come back to Sandos Cancún for another romantic getaway in the Mexican Caribbean.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I am research and review obsessed when making any decision, large or small. I searched hundreds of places in cancun as well as all over mexico. Went here for my honeymoon and wanted something with equal down time and proximity to natural attractions and night life. This was the best of both worlds. STOP searching....pick this place and you will not be let down.

Transport was easy, upon arrival greeted by the front desk and immediately greeted by Martina the GM. Just the level of service you expect when looking for a luxury experience. The room was great, large with balcony, great for enjoying breakfast in the room with room service included or a late night cigar/hookah.

Staff was stupendous, carried around a stack of singles and tipped a dollar or two every time I was waited on at the pool or beach and more for dinner. I am a foodie, food quality was great with ribeye and lobster at the pool amongst plenty of fresh guac and quesadilla which my wife loved. Included a gastro molecular high end restaurant, that actually served us dinner on the beach which was set up by the hotel with little effort on my part. They will do things with food and presentation you see at high end restaurants in Chicago and New York.

This review is long overdue as my travel was in June so I forget names now, but the staff is great and helpful/friendly. Events staff including mauricio, ricardo, alfonso, and their manager are beyond great. The guys even took us out one night off the clock and made sure things were taken care of for us to have a great time. Set us up with a guy from coco bongo for table service at a reasonable price which made the experience that much better.

LONG STORY SHORT, go here, you will not be disappointed. I would even repeat.

I travel frequently for business, they do all the right things and service is above and beyond the rest. Martina and team...you have done a great job. I'd even move there and work remotely and have my wife move her business to do hair and makeup for weddings/events at the resort. Sandos is doing things RIGHT.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool have a great view and peak of the sunset. Great to walk out on the balcony and see the trilevel pool leading to the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joseph B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún, we appreciate you to take part of your valuable time to share with us your Luxury Experience.

We are glad to know that we could exceed your expectations honoring the high rating reviews that our guests have shared on this forum.

Here at Sandos Cancún we have all worked hard to develop a unique gastronomical experience unparalleled to any other; a Total Gourmet Experience where you can try different Gourmet food every day and night of the week in sophisticated and modern atmospheres.

It will be a true pleasure to welcome you back for another amazing vacation at Sandos Cancún.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We have been Sandos Royal Elite members for five years now. We took a trip a couple of weeks ago to the other two Sandos resorts but wanted to return to Cancun for a day to see all the wonderful employees we knew from this resort. As always, we were greeted with kindness and generosity. A warmest welcome to Carlos, the director Martina and your wonderful staff for allowing us to spend a magnificent day at Sandos Cancun. We love and miss all of you! Tom and Beth Schoonover

Dear Tom & Beth,

Thank you for your preference to Sandos Hotels & Resorts. We greatly appreciate you to take part of your valuable time to share your experience at Sandos Cancún.

Your visit has been a true pleasure for us, we are looking forward to welcome you back home.

Warm regards!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I spent with my girlfriend 13 nights in Sandos Cancun hotel from 17th October to 30th October 2013. Hotel is in an amazing place near an amazing blue sea with white sand, hotel is a smaller than some of hotels in area but based my opinion is one of the nicest hotel with very interesting interior. Hotel is very clean and the room cleaning is several times a day. Food in all restaurants was very good and many a times excellent (creame soups were excelent, flank steaks, some variation of meat, mexican foods and also desserts, chocolate cake, breakfast buffet selection...etc.). The best restaurant was Zango, very good selection, very good service, there is nothing to reproach. In other restaurants we were only sometimes, St Trop, Gaijin and Seasons restaurant offer still the same menu without change through whole our stay.

Drinks around pools, beach and also in Bar One was excelent, except mixed coctails was possible drinking alcohol global brands. Pool area and beach were serviced always with a few waiters, but only some from them offer excelent service... more details below.

Our room was clean through whole our stay, towels was changed more than once a day and we offen used 24 hours room service for food ordering, this was excelent. One thing was horrible and it was mini bar service, our minibar was replenishing only first 5 days and after this service was stopped, we don't know why. Minibar was replenished only after notice in reception (very fast). I wrote the note about this situation to Mrs. Alely Roche and after was this service better but not good or excelent as we expected. Without minibar issue could be our review on 100%.

What made this hotel from very good to excelent were three people who I would very gladly appreciated:

1) Mr. Santiago Lopes - he was responsible for room cleaning, his service was excelent, he was reliable and all was we need he did for us.
2) Mr. Viveros - he was responsible for service our pool arena and also on beach. He was always on hand, was very reliable and his service was excelent.
3) Mrs. Yesenia - she was responsible for service on Bar One, her service was excelent and she was very friendly and approachable.

Room Tip: Deluxe room with balcony with view on sea and blue beach with white sand.
2  Thank Miroslav O
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancun, it has been a true pleasure for me and my team to serve you throughout your stay.

We are glad to know that you could delight our Total Gourmet Experience, especially enjoying of our restaurant Zango, where we serve breakfast buffet, and theme lunch and dinner with changing menus every day and night.

All of your wonderful comments for our hard working staff are very helpful for us and the best reward for their dedication to service.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences with your mini bar replenishment, we appreciate you to bring to my attention this opportunity area.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future to provide your our real Luxury Experience.