“First time to Cancun”

Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort
Ranked #29 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Sandos Cancun is very serene! An awesome all inclusive- even room service is included. Mexico's ocean water is a lil rough but so beautiful! But with Sandos three pools (some heated I might add) you have the choice to swim in calm waters after a long day of tanning out. Their was always beach loungers available unlike Secrets next door which was crowded, but I guess going to the smaller hotel it has the perks of less occupancy..I love the St. Trop which is the outdoor restaurant- they service the beaches and the pools as well. Irving and Oscar are amazing and go above and beyond always making sure that your drinks are refilled and cold. Breakfast at Zango was ok but a lil warm on hot days to enjoy. Ramon at Seasons is phenomenal! He is so passionate about his job and he makes sure that you feel that you are in the fancier and higher class of the 3 restaurants..because of that I made sure we ate at Seasons a couple of nights during our stay. Gaijin was okay it was cute that they were cooking hibachi style but way to hot for a restaurant that is not air conditioned..The food was ok..We did go to the spa- its a must and so relaxing..Teresa and Margherita was our masseuses 50min in the dry and wet sauna and hydrotherapy and then an 80 min massage..We even got the 2 for 1 deal. We went to the Managers party which was ok-the entertainment (acrobat and drummers were fun to watch) but being in Mexico why wasn't their mexican music..I know techno is a choice for employees but we are the guest not them..also I think it would be fun to have the staff to show guest the local dance, salsa or merengue-no one danced! The gift giveaway was a nice touch. Bar One is nice for your evening drinks, but should have maybe playing cards available besides chess and checker boards. Sandos is definitely for quiet and relaxation.. NOT PARTYING! Which is what we were looking for..Overall I would stay again at Sandos but I think they can try a lil harder and reach to be a top 3 all inclusive resort in Mexico. We know you try Martina!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Juliette B
Write a ReviewReviews (4,420)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Not your typical all-inclusive. Quiet and relaxing, excellent food, service and facilities. Never waited for service or an elevator. Friendy staff that are sincere about service. If you are looking for a party, this isn't you place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jim A
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún, we are pleased to know that you had a relaxing vacation in our Resort enjoying of good service and luxurious facilities.

We hope to welcome you again for another relaxing vacation in paradise.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this resort for 5 days. We arranged transportation to and from the hotel with Canda Transfers- they were great! It took about 20 minutes to get to the resort from the airport. Even though we checked in very early, our room (a sandos suite) was ready immediately. We were offered cold washcloths and drinks, and I was given a rose. Angel checked us in quickly, explained the restaurants, and answered all of our questions.

Our room was perfect. While we didn't have a direct view of the ocean, we could still stand on our balcony and see the ocean, pools, and the lagoon. We had a large living room, galley type kitchen, and a massive bedroom and bathroom. We had robes, slippers, soap, shampoo, condistioner, lotion, and a hairdryer. Our mini bar was stocked with soda, water, and beers.

Housekeeping did a great job. Our room was always spotless.

We thought the food was great. Instead of just burgers on the grill, you could have chicken, lobster, shrimp and steak. Pool service was great. Lots of great staff to bring you drinks or snacks.

The restaurants were all great. The only complaint I have is that the Gaijin Teppanyaki restaurant was uncomfortably warm. We had to leave a little early it was just too hot to enjoy the dinner (but the food was great).

We also had massages, and I enjoyed a facial with Tere. She was amazing!! The spa was beautiful and the staff were all very polite.

I really enjoyed our vacation here and look forward to visiting again.

Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Megan W
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is the place to stay if you want a relaxing vacation! My boyfriend and I are in our early 20's and decided to spend a week here in June. It's a resort with a small intimate feel that is not too crowded and that is exactly what we were looking for. There were more than enough lounge chairs, although they could have had a few more umbrella's.

The food was way above average for resort food. They really step it up and give you a gourmet experience. The service is excellent! I always had some one to ask if I needed a drink or anything else.

The rooms exceeded my expectations for a resort and where very clean!

Sandos luxury is an amazing resort!!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Npgh

Dear Guest,

First of all, please let me thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún, and for taking part of your valuable time to share with us your Luxury Experience.

All of our guests truly enjoy our Total Gourmet Experience as our gastronomy and personalized service distinguishes us from the rest.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for another amazing vacation at Sandos Cancún.

Warm regards!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My stay at the Sandos Cancun was June 2nd thru June 9,2013. This resort was much smaller in size in comparison to some of the others along the beach but I thoroughly enjoy my stay, The staff was courteous, efficient and so accommodating. The personnel in all general areas was so friendly. When by the pool our waiter was Irving for several days he remember you and your likes. Mario was our waiter in the restaurant and he even remember what juice choice we each had. The restaurant Seasons and the young chef who said he culinary studies was in Mexico are beyond excellent. He introduced so many different favors and everything was delicious. The staff at Season all help to introduce the various dishes and were also courteous. This resort made my husband and myself vacation one of the best we have ever had. I will recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Victoria S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún and for taking part of your precious time to share with us your experience at the Resort.

Seasons is our high end restaurant which we take pride of, Modern Cuisine with touches of Molecular Gastronomy make a culinary experience featuring live piano and a serene atmosphere complete the scene for a real fine dining experience.

We appreciate your kind words for our hard working staff, our personalized service has distinguished us from the beginning.

It will be our true pleasure to welcome you back at Sandos Cancún.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This luxury resort lives up to the 4/5 star reviews. We stayed June 6-14 and had a fantastic week. The food and service was exceptional. I would highly recommend this resort and will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Donquest

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sandos Cancún. We are glad to know that the personalized service and our Total Gourmet Experience made out of your vacation a real Luxury Experience.

We appreciate your recommendation, and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Warm regards!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel if you would like to be pampered! This was our 2nd trip to Cancun (the first, July 2012 at Live Aqua), and we were absolutely impressed with the level of service we received from this hotel. From the moment we arrived, most everyone we encountered went out of their way to make our 4 night stay a memorable experience. We checked in May 24th and went up to our room that had a very nice view of the ocean and lagoon, but only had double beds and no balcony. We decided to inquire about changing rooms to one with a king size bed and a balcony. The employees at the front desk were very pleasant, and by the next day we had a room available with both the balcony and king size bed. Pool service was great, especially Salvador who quickly set up our lounge chairs and umbrellas each day (whether on the beach or by the pool). We loved the pool side BBQ during the afternoon that included grilled shrimp, lobster, steak was delicious! The breakfast at Zango was delicious and again the service was fantastic!! We were able to experience a private Sunrise Breakfast served by Martin Pech and his assistant Diana Nava. They are absolutely wonderful employees who treated us like royalty. The food at each of the restaurants ranged from good to very good, but I'm not a picky eater. (Fresh fruit was amazing). I would say my least favorite meal was Gaijin, the entertainment was fine the food was just ok. Seasons-good; St. Trop- great for dinner or lunch (brick oven pizza was delicious). The hotel grounds are beautiful and the beach was gorgeous!! The waters were a little choppy, but absolutely crystal clear and no seaweed. The hotel itself is very nice, but I did see a few little areas that may need to be fixed (just a few things here or there). Housekeeping was fantastic, I believe it mentioned they only fill the minibar every other day, but I left a little note in our room, and they filled our fridge with the items I requested! Room service was very good even at 12:30 at night. The pools are beautiful and not very crowded!! However, I will mention that if you book a snorkeling excursion thru Hotel Extras (located in the hotel), I do NOT recommend the "Morning Glory" half-day snorkel (that was recommended by Hotel Extras). This was quite an unpleasant experience. Other than that, we had an amazing time with our friends and you will too!!! You will be glad you chose Sandos!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AlysaW575

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún, it is a true honor to have your recommendation on this site due to the Luxury Experience lived in our Resort.

We are pleased to know that our Reception Desk staff could promptly assist you on your requests, so you could have a pleasant and comfortable accommodation to enjoy your stay.
All of our guests truly enjoy our grill during the day, ideal for a quick bite like flank steak, fish, salmon, chicken, shrimp, lobster tail and hamburgers, all this in addition of our pool restaurant, St. Trop with a la carte snacks and lunch.

Definitely a Sunrise breakfast is an unforgettable experience to enjoy the wonders of the Caribbean Sea while you have a Luxury treat from our staff.

We will be glad to welcome you back at Sandos Cancún to pamper you as our guests are royalty for us.