“Very good -good as 5 star!”

Sandos Cancun Lifetyle Resort
Ranked #28 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Springfield, Virginia
“Very good -good as 5 star!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I am very happy with my choice, food was excellent, service, rooms and everything was super. No crowds, very relaxing, service was the best in the area. I liked it a lot and will go back. Differently as rated, one of the best in Cancun. Much better then Secrets next door. Smaller resort, and you can get personal attention.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Got_2_Go_2_travel
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Lifetyle Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún, we are very glad to know that you could enjoy of a pleasant and relaxing vacation in our Resort, where the personalized service has distinguished from the beginning.

Do not hesitate to come back to Sandos Cancún for another Luxury Experience in your new home in Cancún.

Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We celebrated a big birthday here with our teenage daughters. The hotel was just what we needed, a boutique hotel with professional staff and wonderful facilities. The breakfasts were superb with a wide selection of fruit, pastries and hot choices. And a freshly prepared mimosa always to hand. The pool was warm sparkling and we mostly had it all to ourselves but I loved the easy access to the amazingly beautiful beach with its loungers and cabanas. The wait staff couldn't have been more helpful and we rarely had to call for anyone to refresh our cocktails. The dinner at night was delicious with great choices and an excellent wine list. However I wouldn't chose this hotel if you are looking for entertainment or child care for little ones. Its more an oasis of calm. the gym and spa and the peace by the pool are all we wanted.... mass entertainment is not what this hotel is all about. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: request sea facing!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

First of all, let me congratulate on your birthday, it has been a pleasure to celebrate this special occasion with you.

All of our guests truly enjoy our pool facilities, beach grounds and privileged spot in the beach, as well as our breakfast selection with our fruit station, cold and hot station and pastries to have a complete, varied and delicious first meal of the day.

We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcome you again for another peaceful and fabulous vacation.

Warm regards!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Well after reading SEVERAL reviews about Sandos before picking our final destination spot, we decided to give this resort a shot. Overall the resort rates pretty good in our books. Great place to go for relaxation, I would have to say more couples and a few families were the vacationers that frequent there. Overall look of the resort is a nice small boutique style hotel, staff is great in some retrospect. Here is my ratings on our experience at Sandos.

FRONT DESK:

I would rate them at a 4, great experience checking in. Front desk was courteous and had our room ready on time and no disappointments here. Check out was a breeze. Wristbands we were given RED, which I assumed was for the suites, as we also had a suite booked, if not i am unsure if they were giving gold bands as other reviews have stated.

ZANDOS WAITERS( menu style restaurant ) :

I would rate them at 3.5 - 4.5, depending on the night and who is serving you. There were a few that were excellent, but then again we always tipped so we pretty much had the same waiters over and over again, and then there were some who needed to find other callings in life as they were absolutely horrendous. Kudos to Artho and Jesus for being great at their jobs we truly appreciated their services. Food was good-great depending on the dish and overall I was impressed with the meals, some dishes were as good as any regular paid meal in a 4-5 star restaurant so I was surprised of the quality at an all inclusive. Note to upper management, we were there on a Thursday night, and you can tell the hotel was starting to have more vacationers check in, but for some odd reason they were short on waiters as the wait staff cannot keep up with the people piling in the restaurant and services was very very very bad! So know when your having more people check in so you can have adequate staff in hand or else people are going to get pissed off and come on here and bash your resort! But in hindsight I did see that someone from the front desk come in and help clear tables, that I thought was a great showmanship of community within the staff to help each other out, but management if you truly want to be a "5" star hotel you can not have mishaps like that.

SEASONS WAITERS: ( "fancy" same menu restaurant )

Rate is a big 0. Not much to say but DO NOT eat there. Menu was horrible. Food was horrible. Wait staff was horrendous ( Michael) we went there once and never went back. Waste of time in our opinion. Setting was beautiful, wished I can say more about the rest of the place....

ST. TROPAZ and BEACH WAITERS:

I would rate food at a 3-4 nothing special on the menu, but overall great snack and quick foods. Drinks were made well and efficiently what more can you want right?? Now I need to go out of my way and say the only reason I am writing a review is because of one guy and his name is Martin Pech. This guy is phenomenal!!! All staff should try to give the service this man did. He was a great experience to have and we would go back just because we know he would be there. If you encounter this man on your trip watch and see for yourself why he always gets the reviews he gets over and over again. I will give credit to Alex as well for his services, but Martin is the guy you want to remember your sandos experience with, trust me on that.

HOUSEKEEPING:
Rate them at a 4. Great job. No issues, the only thing I would pick about is the fact they don't use fitted sheets on the beds, that bothers me but I am also a germ phob. Our suite was large and comfortable. Loved our balcony and watched the sunrise twice from our room.

CONCIERGE:

Ok these people are useless. Do not talk to them, as they are not there to help, only there to upsell to timeshares. Do not ask them questions as they do not want to help you unless they can talk to you about timeshares. Anything you need you can look up on the Internet anyways as wifi is free. These people are a joke and if Sandos wants to be a "5" star you don't have a concierge desk that is useless right?? They don't answer the phone or anything. Useless useless useless. Just put up a sign that says we only discuss timeshares. You don't have a concierge at the "w" or ritz or even the crappiest hotel in the world that sells timeshares from their concierge desk. Concierge is there to assist your clients with questions or concerns not to have a plug in for TIMESHARES!!! It's annoying!!!!!

SPA:

Rate 3-4 ok in services. Not a big spa, but comfortable. Prices are high but just try to catch the daily special and those are good deals to be had.

POOL AND POOL SIDE ATTENDEES:

Pool was very nice. No issues finding a cabana guys were helpful and busted their butts running around to lay towels for people. Maybe they do save some chairs or cabanas for people who tip them? Who knows and who cares. If its that big of a deal to always have a cabana or chair you want then let the guys know or just TIPP them! I don't get why people don't want to tip. You are in a place where the economy is run by wait staff and tipping shouldn't be a big deal. They work hard for it. If they deserve it, TIPif they were horrendous dont tip. Pretty simple people. What is 5 dollars here and there? In North America even if we had the worst service, we still tip to those who are ungrateful, there they want you to have a great experience so tip if you can.

Overall we would go back, thenonly other hotel i want to check out is le blanc, so we will have to wait and see if not Sandos it is. I hope you enjoyed my honest and real review of this establishment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eehcxxii
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún, we appreciate you to take part of your precious time to share your honest and detailed review of your recent stay at the Resort.

We are pleased to know that from the beginning in your check in you could experience a nice treatment and service. Due to our guests feedback we have taken out the gold wristbands, so all of our guests use red wristbands where suite users enjoy of some additional benefits in the Resort.

Please accept my sincere apology for the issues experienced at Seasons, actions have already been taken regarding to service. We also launched our New Season menu, which includes modern cuisine with a touch of Molecular Gastronomy.

It will be our true pleasure to welcome you and present you our improvements made due to our guests feedback and suggestions.

Fort Benning, Georgia
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I visited Sandos Luxury Experience for the first time last August, and our most recent visit was in April of this year. We loved it just as much the second time around. Whenever we do return to Cancun, this Sandos, will be our little sexy, cool, relaxation spot! Don't come here if partying in this hotel is on your mind, as this is NOT the place, thank goodness!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Lifetyle Resort, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancun once more. We are very pleased to know that your second time stay was as good as the first one.

It will always be a pleasure to welcome you to your new home in paradise, do not hesitate to contact us before your arrival.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Our experience at this resort was magnificent! We stayed six nights at Sandos and seven nights at another resort, we would have stayed at Sandos the whole two weeks!!! We have been coming to the Riviera twice a year for the last ten years or so. The Sandos Experiance was fabulous! The resort is centrally located, but MOST important to us is how the staff treat us. Let me start with Valet Eric Arjona, night and day he ALWAYS welcome us with a smile and knew who we were, so was Alfredo, no words to describe his professionalism. Concierge Luis is a delight, professional, engaging and fun. We want to personally thank the following restaurant professionals who made our stay memorable: Alberto Hernandez, Jairo, Alfredo, Abdias, Fabrizio and specially to Jonathan at St. Trop. I am fully bilingual, NOT ONES I heard a staff member talk behind a guest back which is well known in the Riviera, I thank Management for that.
The food is very good so is the presentation. Over all, this resort is a nice little secret and we will be back soon. One night Management invited all guest to a Champagne Cocktail Party at the Penthouse, it was superb!!! Very well done!!! Kudos to all!!! It shows this Management team really want the resort to be a success.
Just a couple of negatives in my view:
The front desk staff doesn't have any personality, no smiles, it seams like they are afraid, don't care or don't have a clue. I will retrained them.
The resort has to make up it's mind if is a BOUTIQUE HOTEL or a RESORT FOR FAMILIES?!
I say this because during our stay they were a lot of infants and little children.
Seasons Restaurant has a dress code which is NOT enforced. One night at Seasons while dinning a Violinist was playing his music it was lovely!, all of the sutton two families arrived dress from the beach, flip-flops, shorts with 5 little children an two infants, well, it was chaos! Kids running around, parents yelling you get the picture and it happened every night.
We don't think kids in diapers should be in the main pool either.
I hope Manag. Makes some changes soon.
We absolutely like the Management Team!
Can't wait to go back to see some changes! We give this resort a 9 1/2.

2 Thank Jesfloluan3
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancun and for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay in our Resort.

We are glad to know that our Total Gourmet Experience delighted you in every meal, as well that you joined us in the Champagne Party that me and my Managers team we host for our guests, this gives us the opportunity to get to know you personally and remain to your disposal for any assistance.

I truly appreciate your kind words and acknowledgement for our staff that contributed to make your vacations a real Luxury Experience. We also appreciate your positive criticism, be sure that this will be taken into consideration.

We will be more than glad to welcome you again and show you our improvements made due to your feedback.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Wonderful location. We had some really amazing food and some really good service. I found a bathing suit that fit me perfectly for 75% off and charged it to my room! The tennis court was very well kept and they made sure to keep us hydrated while my husband and i battled it out on the court. the pool was also very fab and they have some wonderful beach loungers.

Room Tip: we had a view of the court and the ocean. South facing. we loved it!
2 Thank Deeeelaney
Massachusetts
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I am trying to figure out why this resort is rated so highly on TripAdvisor. I stayed at the Omni Cancan in 2011 and it is a much better resort than Sandos. Check in here was a disaster. We arrived at 11:30am and did not expect to get a room right away. Having to wait until 4pm and seeing your luggage as the last set of bags in the lobby is NO way to start a vacation! I had feeling here staff was lacking in answers to what we consider regular questions guests ask every day. For example, we asked what time La Isla closed and got 2 different times. We asked about nearby golf course and the concierge did not seem to know much. This is unacceptable for a 4 Star resort. We felt staff was lacking in many respects. Drink service on the beach was spotty, the waiters were forgetful and didn't really move fast for anything. We had terrible service in the Japanese steakhouse where the chef mixed up everyone's orders, we were left begging for appetizers and drinks. The other restaurant never changed its menu and the food was bad. Breakfast was ok was lunch at the pool which was good. Forget about dinner though. I was not impressed by the resort. We were badgered about timeshares several times and did not enjoy feeling pressured. Perhaps, the worst things was Sandos dead at night. There was limited entertainment options here. No shows...nothing! I would not return here again if it were 1/2 the price and it is expensive. Adios, Sandos.

8 Thank gfkr2
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback, this is very valuable for us as this helps and encourages us to improve the quality of our services.

We are deeply sorry for not being able to live up to your expectations on your recent stay. All of your comments have been addressed to take the corresponding measures to ensure that our guests continue enjoying the excellent and personalized service that has distinguished us from the beginning.

We wish we could have another opportunity to welcome you and provide you the real Luxury Experience of Sandos Cancun.

Kind regards!
Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
#13 of 175 in Cancun
Paradisus Cancun
Paradisus Cancun
#23 of 175 in Cancun

Been to Sandos Cancun Lifetyle Resort? Share your experiences!