“I absolutely loved my stay at Sandos!”

Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort
Ranked #27 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I just got back from Sandos last night I had such a relaxing time. My boyfriend and I were so happy the entire time with our experience. The suite was beautiful, the food was delicious, the drinks were great, the beach was out of this world! Out of everything the people there made you feel really comfortable and were there at all times to make sure you had everything you needed. I must say Casanova the waiter was outstanding top of the line customer service and so was Reis from St Trop outdoor. Sergio was such an amazing bartender what ever I was in the mood for he had an tasty drink for me. We became really close to them I will miss them! They are really hard workers! We will be returning! Really wish there was a night club there would have liked a better night life. Clubs are down the street so we still went out.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Sonya2987
Write a ReviewReviews (4,367)

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My bf and I recently visited this resort on upgrade from the Sandos Caracol Eco Resort. We had a little bit of a bump with the room situation but they were very patient and courteous and everything ended up fine. We had a great lunch on Friday at the Zango restaurant where we met Oscar who was just great, we ended up running into him again the next day at the St. Trop restaurant and he made sure we were well taken care of.
We had dinner Friday night at Seasons where we met Obed (I hope I spelled that right!) He was fantanstic! My bf informed him that it was my birthday on Saturday night and he told us to make sure we come back to see him, that he would have something special for us. He was AMAZING, he went above and beyond to make sure that we had the best meal. We sampled tequilas, he taught us how to taste them. He made us coffee (like at our table with fire and everything!) after dinner and they sang me Happy Birthday and brought me out a wonderful dessert!!! :) I also must say that he seemed to be genuinely excited to bring us all the little surprises he had for us. He was incredible! He took very good care of us. I really hope we get to visit this resort again, and have him wait on us. He truly made my night :)
We did eat at Zango on Saturday before going over to Seasons to see Obed. At Zango we had 4 waiters, I honestly cannot remember all their names, I think Angelo, 2 Miguels and the fourth one escapes me, point is, they were amazing also. They also made me a birthday cake and sang to me :)
Sadly, we left on Sunday but not before hanging out by the pool where Mario and Enrique made our last day enjoyable.
I really enjoyed my experience here, my best birthday yet! The hotel is beautiful, the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. The food is all very good, loved the fresh fruit at the breakfast buffet. The only place we did not experience was the Japanese restaurant.
The room was nice, bathroom was very nice, but honestly we were not in there a lot, we woke up there and went to sleep there. We spent most of our time on the beach, in the pool and at the restaurants.
I would definitely go back, I would recommend it to others, with nothing but nice things to say.

Room Tip: The rooms are a decent size, the balconies are a bit small. The A/C did make some noise (we were on...
2  Thank zingbing
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I returned back from Sandos last week, and would not have asked for a better trip. From the second we arrived to the second we left, we were amazed by the service and overall experience. Upon arrival we received glasses of champagne and I got a rose, and we were lead up to our beautiful room. The room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The bed was fantastic and our view was incredible. Throughout our time there the food was tremendous and there was great variety. We were even able to order room service (including drinks), and it came very quickly and always with a smile. The pools were wonderful and the beach was outstanding. As a workout buff, I was very impressed by the gym and they even offer classes like yoga and zumba. Each night there is something fun going on in the downstairs bar, which has a great atmosphere and is full of friendly people. By far the best part of the hotel is the incredible staff. Ever person we encountered had a smile and asked how they could help or make our stay more comfortable. They had people working down by the pool who would play volleyball with guests twice a day, and were always so friendly. All and all we could not have asked for a better trip and we are already looking forward to going back next year!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I will start by saying that we traveled with 2 kids ages 2 and 6 and while overall we had a good experience, due to our being there with kids we experienced some problems, so I cannot agree with the reviewers who gave it 5 stars in every category.

THE FOOD
The food is generally good but lacking in variety, e.g. Seasons restaurant had the exact same menu every night and by the end of our 7 day stay it was quite boring. Quality was also inconsistent even in the same dishes - sometimes the same soup we had the night before would have too much salt, for example. The service in the restaurants was also inconsistent - great one night and mediocre with things forgotten/ not understood and long waits another night. The food in Zango restaurant was not that great - their Italian night was very far from the way Italian food should be made and we didn't come there for dinner after that experience. St. Trop., on the other hand, is very good especially for a beach restaurant with good variety/ quality of food. Also twice in a week they made beach barbecues, which were amazing with choices ranging from tuna, salmon, to steak, lobster tails, and more.

SERVICE
Service is generally good, especially around the beach/pool but in other areas if things were missed they took a long time and many reminders to fix, for example the minibar was not restocked for the first 2.5 days despite many requests we made. However I have to say that after some correspondence with hotel manager the hotel gave us a nice room with balcony even though we initially booked one without due to not knowing the difference. For your reference, Deluxe rooms have balconies, Superior ones do not.

ISSUES / POINTERS
Other issues we had due to being there with kids: cleaning of our room was typically done when the kids took their afternoon nap (between 1 and 2 pm). Our requests to move the cleaning time to 11am were sometimes honored and sometimes not. We only got the turndown service once and once someone knocked on our door at 9:30pm to do it, after the kids went to bed. The kids club was closed for most of our stay and no reason or advance warning was given, one day we just found it locked. It was good when it worked though, our 6-year-old liked it. The dinner meals mostly took forever due to slow waiter service (despite heavily tipping) even though the kids were clearly tired and the restaurant was pretty empty.
Now I understand that the hotel is not being marketed as family-oriented but my opinion is if you do allow families with kids and strive to be the best you have to work out these issues.

THE BEACH AND POOLS
The beach was very nice but the waves were huge and we were unable to take the kids in the sea (obviously not the hotel's fault and maybe it was just the seasonal thing, but it's an important point for those coming with kids). The beds on the ropes on the beach got taken by 10am and there are not too many of them. It was very windy too especially in the upper pools, but the lower pool was good with minimal wind so we ended up spending most of our days there. We tried to walk out of the hotel one day for a stroll being under impression that we could do that in Cancun, but there was nothing around besides a pretty busy highway and a couple small restaurants, so not really a place to take nice walks around, though we saw people taking walks along the beach.

Overall, we had a good vacation but were somewhat disappointed expecting more based on the reviews.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Pitergirl
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Sandos Cancun is truly a luxurious all inclusive resort experience....being 5 months pregnant, my wife and I decided to take a relaxing vacation and they greeted us with a bottle of champaigne and a special treat with decadent desserts all setup in the room. We spoke with Alely Roche before we landed and she assured us of vegetarian options and upgraded us to a suite on the pent house floor! The room was very luxurious with a good sized bathroom (separate shower and tub) and they had pillow and scent menus and room service included as well!!!!! The infinity pools are amazing and the beach side cabanas were really nice to relax in (much better than the pools and cabanas at other resorts on this stretch). Its a smaller resort but much more exclusive and ideal for a family vacation (not the clubbing type).The restaurants serve very high quality food (each of them is unique) with changing menus and my wife was concerned about food safety etc but we tried everything and since we are vegetarian they had an impressive vegetarian menu which we could pick from ahead of time! Breakfast was bountiful with plenty of options including toast, veggies and fruits. Ithiel, the "captain in-charge" was personally with us for every meal pretty much and at Gaijin he took one look at us and made the spot decision to make sure they prepared our meal separately so we were totally separated from the meat being cooked. Everyone who waited on us was very friendly and took great pride in serving us and we tipped them well which they genuinely appreciated. The pool side restaurant served great drinks and they were happy to make them without alcohol and we saw a couple of more people ordering the same. The spa and gym were really good as well and they had live music, artists and other events at the bar in the evening. During the day, they had zumba, aqua aerobics, beach volleyball and other water activities as well and anyone could participate. The pool side cabanas and romantic outdoor dinner and the spa services are extra but everything else is included and we had a great time. If you want a relaxing luxurious and safe vacation in a smaller resort with great personal service, we would absolutely recommend Sandos....its really like what they say in their videos, u land there and they take care of everything for u!
Shanta and Prashanth (Boddapati)

3  Thank prashanthmp
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This vacation was the best!!! The service was superb. Special shout out to Abdias at St.Trop. He went above and beyond for us everyday. Martin and Ivan for outstanding service around the pool area . You will be pampered here. Also eat and drink high quality food and liquor. We look forward to going back and really wished it would never end!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank randyr29
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Just got back last night after staying for a week (Sun-Sat ) with hubby, + 2&4 yrs. I research all my vacations for at least 3 months before booking, and this place does not disappoint. This is my 3 rd stay in Mexico, and I would consider myself a seasoned traveler over all. This place is truly an experience and a great one to say the least. This is not one of those mega hotels that want to appeal to the masses. Been there , done that. This place is all about personal attention! Great entertainment team without the cheesiness.... Clean pools, clean kids area, clean restaurants, NOT over crowded! comfy bed ( w/ pillow tops) . People are always polishing cups, silverware,etc, cleaning.
Food : Top Quality! Breakfast buffet covers everything you can imagine! Items are served in family dinner sizes so its constantly being replenished . Lunch and dinner were mostly a la carte , a few nights buffet. However, Buffet dinner was all you can eat lobster, flank steak, Prawns... Etc. Food was excellent , What is there to complain about?? For people who complain about food tastes, don't come to Mexico wondering why you aren't getting " Authentic " pad Thai , these themed meals are "Inspired" . You wouldn't go to China looking for Chicken & waffles , would you? I would compare it to eating out during RestaurantWeek, trying chefs' creations , something new! I'm a foodie, so I loved it!
Lastly, if there is anything you need, all you have to do is call, ask & you shall receive. These people work extremely hard! Don't forget to tip for the exceptional service you are getting. ( housekeeping, waiters, etc.) It was never expected like the ones in Bahamas & Dominican AI I've been to. It's just a few bucks to us but probably 1/2 a days pay for them, as pay for the service industry is fairly low.
Planning to return in Aug/Sept! Counting the days already!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family