“Very Impressed”

Ranked #28 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Bayville
“Very Impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

My fiancé and I vacationed from 10/20/12 to 10/27/12 at Sandos Cancun with another couple. It was pure heaven. I cannot express enough in words what a wonderful place this is. If you are looking for serenity and relaxation, this is the place....SPECTACULAR!!!!! We have been doing all inclusive vacations for ten years and Sandos Cancun is on the top of our list of favorites. This is not a party resort, meaning more of a relaxing and serine atmosphere. There isn’t any blasting club music all day long or drunken people tripping over each other.
Food- The best we have had in any all inclusive resort. The presentation alone was amazing. Not many restaurants but one of them had a different themed menu every night (steak, surf and turf, Mexican, Italian...). We ordered room service one evening and when it arrived my chin dropped to the floor. A beautifully set up table was rolled into the room and all we had to do was have a seat. We felt as if the restaurant was right in our room and we were in our pajamas enjoying every bit of it!
Rooms-Clean and COOL! We have stayed at resorts where all we did was sweat for the entire week but not here. Being able to retire in comfortable room temperature was great. We also had a very nice view of the pools and ocean.
Pool Areas-3 clean and well kept infinity pools. The top pool has a Jacuzzi in it and the warm water flowed throughout the entire pool. The second level pool was cooler and the third level pool as well. No overwhelming chlorine odor at all. There were rolled up towels on every lounger in the morning. Once you chose your chair, staff came up and rolled the towels out, tucked them in, made a pillow out of another towel for you and even brought more if you wished the whole time! Who does that?? Awesome! Did the shade around 2:30pm from the neighboring Secrets bother us? No, not at all. There were other areas to go to where we were able to enjoy our sun worshipping. The shade turned out to be a welcoming thing.
Beach-Beautiful with swinging beds, loungers, food and drink service. Didn’t spend too much time there as Hurricane Sandy made the surf a little too rough for us (she was very far away though!). Still however, the beach was very clean and gorgeous.
Staff-Angel (our favorite), Casanova, Jacob, Miguel, Ivan, Eric and I just wish I could give all of the names because they each deserve a mention. EVERYONE!! The best group of staff at any resort we have come across. Such warm, friendly hardworking people! We were lucky enough to have been able to meet and speak to Mrs. Martina Rodriguez, the Director of Sandos Cancun. Mrs. Rodriguez, you have outdone yourself in the hiring of your staff. WELL DONE, BRAVO!!!!! Thank you for making our stay with you so memorable. We feel very lucky!
We WILL be returning to Sandos and we WILL continue to recommend this paradise to all of our friends and family.

2 Thank Tanya732
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time taken to post this review and enrich us with you feedback, in order to maintain and improve our service.

We are very glad to know that you could enjoy the facilities and the accommodation was comfortable for you. What a great experience to enjoy of your meals on your room with our 24 hrs. room service, with different menus depending on the time of the day.

I would like to thank you for such wonderful words for my staff, definitely our most valuable asset, we have great hard working people who always pour their hearts into making your vacations a real Luxury Experience.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back at Sandos Cancún and an honor to be recommended by you to further guests.

Best regards!
Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

WE stayed at the sandos cancun luxury resort o4/10/2012 to 18/10/2012
and can honestly and whole heartedly say it was an experience of a life time
the staff were wonderful and would do anything for you they are so warm and friendly you feel like you are part of a family not just guest , the food is just amazing nomatter where you eat 24hrs aday every thing is done to the very highest of standers
the hotel is spotlessly clean you could eat off the floors
my partner and i and my daughter and her partner stayed in rooms that over looked the pools n ocean plus the lagoon the views were amazing
you could not wish for a better holiday i would recomend any one to go to this hotel and have told lots of people to go
my daughter and i are going back next year and can not wait it will feel like coming home
to the arms of family thank you each and every one of the staff for making our stay so very special Shirley Brown

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Shirley B
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Shirley,

First of all let me tell you that reading this review was very emotional for us, on behalf of all the staff we would like to thank you for your kind words, the daily effort of our work is rewarded when our guests have memories for a life time.

We are very glad to know that the facilities of the Hotel surpassed your standards complimented with a great service. All of our rooms have partial views to the ocean and the lagoon to look the greatness of Cancún.

It will be our honor to welcome you back at your home in Cancún, please let us kjnow before your arrival to settle everythong for you. Welcome to the Sandos Family!

Warmest regards!
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Having mostly stayed in the Riviera Maya area, this was the first time we have stayed in Cancun in several years. Typically you think of Cancun as being loud and crowded and not very upscale, but this resort debunks all of those things. It is a smaller, intimate resort with a very upscale feel but not stufffy. We love the three infinity pools, as well as an incredible spa. We went down to look at the spa and they were offering a 10 minute trial treatment and after that we coulnd't get signed up quick enough for a treatment. We were celebrating our anniversary and after our treatment, they surprised us with a small desert and a bottle of champagne. We had a Sandos Suite that was gorgeous and had great views of both the beach and the lagoon. We ate the Asian restaurant and it was incredible, just way to much food :) I thought the beach was one of the best beaches I"ve seen in the entire Cancun/Riviera Maya area. If you are looking for a smaller, intimate, upscale resort, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: The basic rooms are still beautiful and roomy but if you want to spread out a bit, the Sandos Suite...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank mgc777
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Sandos on your first visit to Cancún. We are delighted to know that you had a Luxury Experience at our Resort.

We have a gorgeous property on a wonderful location on the beach, from our infinity pools you reach outstanding views of the Caribbean sea, there are 3 heated pools and a hot tube in the middle of one leaving a nice and warm temperature.

We hope to have the pleasure to attend you again in a near future and making this a special place to celebrate much more anniversaries.

Best regards!
McAlester, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

First, I have never written a review, good or bad. But I felt compelled, even before I left the hotel. I have stayed at the hotel when it was Le Meridain many times over the last 15 years or so. I have stayed at others when the hotel was full or we just wanted to see if we liked somewhere else better. In fact we stayed at the J.W about 2 months agao because we did not know what to make of the change in ownership and change to an all-inclusive. The J.W. was not bad but the gym and spa or food did not come near what the one at what is now the Sandos has to offer. So we decided to give it a try even though we were cautious. The gym has all new Life Fitness equipment, lots of it. It was awsome. The spa is the best I have ever used. Most of the other men I met there were even from other hotels that go to the Sandos' Spa del Mar because it is so superior to the time shares they have in some of the major hotels. The spa was spotless and the attendents go at a run to make sure it stays that way. I had a massage each day from different attendants. I couldn't pick one as the best. They were all great.

If you have stayed in the Le Meridian and are wondering, like we did, rest assured it is better now than then.

As for the hotel. Pool area was well landscaped, Pools were warm, Pool food was great. Drinks were good. We were met at the front desk with icy cold drinks, a moist towell and a rose for my wife. Check-in was fast and the Lady that I had discussed our arrival with by e-mail came out of her office to welcome us. She called me my name, thanked me for sending my questions and assured me she would be there if I needed anything. Our room was being cleaned so we checked our bags and went down to the pool for a drink and lunch. No sooner than we finished than a staff member came to our table and told us our room was ready. About 30 minutes.

The room was wonderful. I am a clean freak and the first thing I did was check the corners. They are almost never clean in hotels. They more than passed the test. The room looked like it was brand new. Spotless. Wanted to bring the bed home with me. The frig was stocked and restocked every day. On the second morning as I was leaving the room a young man came to refil the frig. I told him what we like to drink and what we don't like at all. He removed the things we don't like and for the rest of our stay he stuffed it full of the things we like. Microwave, frig and sink. Table and 4 chairs, couch and desk. Bathroom was aslo marble like the floors in the entire room. There were his and hers sinks, seperate water closet, seperate shower and tub. More towells and high quality soaps than you would expect. Maid and turndown service. All above standard.

The first night we ate at the Japanese. The new assistant director and the director were seated at the table. She was busy going threw everything. She spoke English, French and Spanish. A beautiful person. We started talking about different things at the hotel. My wife joked that she likes chips before bed but the M & M's would do. When we got back to the room the director had texted the staff and bags of chips were in the room. This sort of thing happened every day. The food was so good we ate there the last night too. The morning buffet was large and diverse. Egg station was very good. Lunch at the same place was great, high end. Service was wonderful. I was impress that they remembered what be both wanted to drink. Even soft drinks were treated special. Ice cold in the can and they kept it poured over ice in the glass.

BBQ night was pool side, really good band and premo prime rib along with everything else. Seven or eight other meats. Champane on the 8th floor one night with a bank. Nice bar on the 6th floor with only top shelf drinks. Large bar down stairs, Lots of activities there. No shortage of drinks there.

Little things, nice little gift shop, bought a few things to take home for people, first time I din't go shopping when in Cancun.

I am not good at remembering names and might have given it more thought if all the staff had not been so great. It would be hard to choose if I had to pick the best.

I know I should give you some of the things I didn't like. Not much. Ok. There is one palm tree that needs some of the lower limbs trimed off so it would make the ocean view from the gym better. I was afraid to say anything in fear they would cut it down. NO! just give it a haircut. The only other thing is the internet was a little spotty. But it was great in the lobby and 6th floor bar. Could be a little better. But there is hard wire in each room and I had my laptop, I know I should have left it at home. Vacation, right?

I have read some review concerning the shade from the hotel next door. My wife was worried about that. The upper pool does shade around 2:45. I noticed the sunburnt guys moved there and were happy. The center does not shade for quite a while longer. The last 1/3 and all the area at the beach do not shade. Considering they have more beach than a lot of the large hotels and way more pool area than they need for their size I did't see any issues. My wife's hair dresser had read the review and told her. She said she couldn't wait to tell her she was full of crap.

It was the best trip to Cancun I have ever had and I have been there many many times. I will go there again in a couple months and will not consider staying anywher else.

Room Tip: All the rooms have ocean views and balconies I believe.If you have a choice a junior suite is nice...
7 Thank Steve P
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

It is a true pleasure to know about your experiences at Sandos Cancún. I would like to thank you for give it a try to Sandos, we are pleased to know that due to our service and accommodations, this Luxury Experience became into your best trip to Cancún, this kind of comments really helps to motivate all of our staff.

We are very glad to know that even before you arrive to the Hotel all of your requests and questions were already taken care of, here at Sandos we take really serious the personalization of the service provided.

All of our guests truly enjoy our Total Gourmet Experience with a large variety of menus on every restaurant offering high end options for every meal, as well as the Beverage selection with premium brands of top shelf liquor.

It is wonderful to know that you could indulge at Spa del Mar, a stronghold from Sandos Cancún, a sophisticated and luxurious place where at the moment you step in you can fill the relaxation on the ambiance, much better if you get one of our marvelous massages.

We will be very honored to welcome you back at Sandos Cancún, please let us know before your arrival to once again take care of your needs, so when you be at Sandos there will be nothing to do but enjoy.

Warmest regards!
San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

The waiters (Jesus Apolo, Gilmer Chin, Jesus Zarate, Ivan, and Angle the bartender) were fantastic. They took very good care of our group and were always very friendly. Eric who set up the movie and helped us make our holloween mask was also great. If you like a hotel that is more relaxing and you are more catered to then this is the one especially during Oct. when the crowds are smaller. The only thing that they could improve on was the meal selection especially at the pool if you are there for a long time (we were there six days). If you are there for three or four days it does not matter. All the food was great. Some American beer selections would be nice. The rooms are great but the beds were a little soft for us.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the even side, the higher the floor the better, the higher the number (810) the bett...
4 Thank MikeKSanAntonio
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún. It is a pleasure for us to know that here at Sandos you were pampered with a great service from all of our staff, specially our waiters.

We are glad to know that you were delighted with the Total Gourmet Experience. All of your suggestions will be taken into consideration and we appreciate them.

We will be more than happy to welcome you again at Sandos Cancún for another fantastic vacations.

Provo, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We recently returned from a wonderful, romantic 2 week honeymoon at the Sandos Cancun.
This was my fourth trip to Cancun and my new wife’s first. I’ve previously never felt my experiences warranted taking time to write a review until this exceptional experience at the Sandos Cancun.

From the moment we arrived to refreshing chilled mango juice and moist towels in the resort lobby to the moment we sadly left to return home to life’s reality, our experience was nothing less than heaven on earth and first class all the way.

The front desk staff including Annibal, Veronica, Nadia, and Rocio, and doormen Rene and George were always friendly, smiling and eager to accommodate our every request. The bar tenders Miguel and Daniel were great. The pool waiters including Casanova and others were always making themselves available to accommodate our beverage and food needs even before we asked, and the exceptional, hard working, friendly, restaurant staff(s) including Giermo, Ceasar, Jesus, and Luis made our dining experiences a delight and the highlight of every day. We mention these staff members by name because within a short time they became much more than staff to us, they became our friends. A special thanks to Martina and all her work behind the scenes to insure that our experience was one that we will fondly remember for the rest of our lives.

* The location of the resort is very convenient, just 20 minutes from the Airport in the heart of the Cancun Hotel area. (Note: Beware of the 40 km/hr speed traps if you rent a car and are driving into the Cancun Hotel area as local police are stopping and shaking down tourists there on a regular basis. They will pull you over even if everyone else is passing you.)

* The hotel is clean, well appointed (but not extravagant), and small (only 200 rooms). Hence, the resort’s wonderful focus on customer attention and service.

* The food at all of its restaurants is very good with an emphasis on fine cuisine at the Seasons restaurant.

* The resort layout was extremely convenient. We could be at any of its restaurants within a couple minutes of leaving our room, or lounging at the beach in swinging double beds within another minute or so.

* The beach is clean, sandy and spectacular. During our stay there were wonderful waves for boogey-boarding. (We bought boogey-boards at Chedraui, the equivalent of a Mexican Walmart, located at the Plaza Las Americas Mall in town for about $15 a board.)

* The Resort Gym is large with plenty of space and workout machines.

* The Spa is very nice, with a separate Jacuzzi pool, sauna, steam bath, cold plunge, and relaxation room, for men and women, as well as a joint relaxation room. Mirna and her wonderful staff at the spa were also very accommodating and well worth mentioning.

* The cascading resort pools, ranging from warm to cooler water were clean, large and un-crowded.

* Our room was spacious, comfortable, and housekeeping did an excellent job.

Needless to say, we’ll be back again and again. . . and again!

4 Thank Randy S
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank tou so much for choosing Sandos Cancún and for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel with us. Your wonderful review is like music to our ears, there is anything bigger for us than notice that we could exceed our guests expectation with the exceptional service of our staff.

Here at Sandos Cancún we believe that the greatness of a Hotel is not on the size of the building, but in the service. The facilities at the property are close and the beach is right on the spot. We have a privileged location on the beach which we take care of keeping it clean all the time, with snack and bar service to the beack to make it more comfortable to you.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again, and again, and again at Sandos Cancún.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My hubby and I stayed at Sandos from oct 19-26 and it was completely fabulous!!! The food is truly delicious with great presentation, they have by far the best breakfast buffet I have ever seen! I loved going for breakfast! The rooms are nice, they are maybe the one thing that could stand a little fixing up but nothing actually wrong with them. Our first night there was a tad noisy due ti the HardRock Hotel which is 2 doors down was having a big party but other than that we slept like babies every night in the comfortable beds. Alot of the hotel has been recently redesigned and it really is just gorgeous. The beach is amazing and they have very nice comfortable loungers as well as big swinging beds that are covered. The pools are fabulous too, they do lose sun in the afternoon due to the large hotel next door but it was so hot we appreciated the shade and the beach was sunny all day if you wanted the sun. Jakob is going to take care of your food/beverage needs down by the pools and beach and he is awesome!! As well as the other guys but Jakob sticks out in my mind. All the staff is incredibly happy and helpful and they check up on you to make sure your stay is going perfectly and will help with anything that isn't, although we certainly didn't have that problem! The spa is unreal!!! A must! We had a couple massage and it was fabulous. I could go on forever but it's s top notch resort and worth every penny. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Make sure you request a patio as not all the rooms have them :)
5 Thank Robin K
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review, the best part of it is to know that you had a pleasant stay and a Luxury Experience at Sandos Cancún.

All of our guests truly enjoy our large variety on the breakfast buffet at Zango with several options for breakfast like Mexican dishes, sweet station, hot and cold station, juices, fresh fruit and desserts. We are glad to know that you could indulge with a massage at Spa del Mar, a wonderful polace to relax with professional therapists.

We hope to welcome you back again at Sandos Cancún for another fabulous vacations.