“One of the Best Hotels I've Ever Been to!”

Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort
Ranked #28 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Chicago, Illinois
“One of the Best Hotels I've Ever Been to!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in an all-inclusive Sandos Suite on the top (eighth) floor. The room was beautiful, luxurious, spacious, and clean; and the views were gorgeous! We could see both the lagoon and the ocean from our balcony. The staff was very friendly and courteous, and the service always went above-and-beyond. They provided a variety of dining options -- four restaurants and room service -- all of which served delicious food and provided very quick and individualized service. Not once did we wait more than 20 minutes for an order. The pool and the fitness center were pristine -- better maintained and higher quality than some of the four- and five-star hotels I've stayed at in the States. All-in-all we had an amazing time at Sandos and would recommend it to anyone looking to travel to Cancun. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank miccar3
, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments about our Resort. We are committed to assure that all of our guests at the end of their staying they had an amazing Luxury Experience.

We take care of every detail in the meals provided so our guests can have a Total Gourmet Experience.

Our new gym at the Spa del Mar has the ultimate equipment that will allow you to work out and keep fit during your staying.

Best regards!
Martina Rodriguez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

I like the concept in that there were a variety of choices in gourmet food experiences (local, Japanese and molecular), room service, patio service and beach front service! My favorite interactions was with our waiter, Oscar C, who made the experience more personable. All staff were professional, and the rooms clean and comfortable.

In April 2012, the hotel staff was diligent in getting feedback and finding creative ways to make the hotel experience more lively with club experiences, beach volleyball etc. However, my friend and I were simply content to do nothing but enjoy the beach!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank gracefulflirt
, Gerente at Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking notice of the variety of Gourment Food that we have available for our guests to enjoy, Our restaurant Gaijin offers a very good Japanese experience with our chefs preparing your meal right in front of you! While Seasons offers you a more modern molecular food experience.
Theres a lil bit of everything here at Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort and dont you worry were now giving our guests more daily activities with our great Entertainment staff so dont hesitate to come see us again!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

This hotel is definitely luxury! I was looking for a relaxing get away and this was it! EVERYONE at this hotel went beyond my expectations! If you are looking to party, this is not the place for you. You can always (24hrs) take a bus for about $1/pp to the night life. Premium drinks are served from Grey Goose to Crown Royal, the food is good, and the infinity pools are great! The front desk personnel (Claudia, Martina, Cynthia), bell hop (Jorge), the waiters (Juan, Carlos, Antonio), pool concierge (Adriana), spa (Frida, Miriam) were extraordinary!! The Japaneses restaurant accommodated my allergies which was great!!! If I forgot someone I'm so sorry. It's hard to remember everyone's name. The only negative thing was that the air conditioner was not cold enough for me at night, but it will not effect me returning for my birthday. Fran(Houston, Texas)

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lagoon and the Caribbean. The sun sets on the lagoon.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Fran2012_12
Dear Guest,

For a relaxing experience you have definetely come to the right place, we try and focus on giving our guests more of a calm, relaxing experience.
From our wonderful Spa Del Mar to our infinity pools we give you that stress free enviornment for you to relax and unwind. We go that extra mile to acomadate you and make sure your having a splendid time while not having to worry about allergies, our chefs are great with these situations so you wont have to hold back and can fully take in the whole Luxury Experience that we offer.
Thank you for letting us make sure your vacation is a great one, well be more than happy to have you with us again soon for your birthday!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Ive been traveling to Cancun since my senior year in high school (at age 18). 15 years later I still enjoy my vacation. This is my second time staying at Le Meridien in Cancun and I find it just the best. The grounds are very nice. I like that it is smaller and quaint. Customer service has changed a bit since the new management however not a problem. I will continue staying here and I definitely recommend it to everyone. Before I forget, the meals are absolutely delicious.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

stayed at sandos for our honeymoon and loved it, the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Really nice people who made our stay unforgettable, forget tom cruise in cocktail rodrigo is by far better at cocktails, we were invited to a champagne party within the hotel and also dined on the hotel beach which was perfect, definately going back!!!! Only criticism i would have is not much entertainment but it was a quiet time when we went. The pools were the best I have ever been to, you can even enjoy a cool drink in the pool, we were treated like royalty, i miss it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lucymcd119
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us, here at Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort we make sure that every thing that we do meets or exceeds your expectations.
We have a very quialified staff that assures that any cocktail or meal is served to your liking. And dont worry about the entertainment we are working to incorporate more entertainment for our guests, as part of our whole Luxury Experience that we offer. We hope to have you back again soon for another great Vacation and unforgetable Luxury Experience here at Sandos Cancun.
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed at Le Meridien a few months ago, and when I arrived I was impressed by being greeted with drinks and a hand towel for the long journey. We booked our reservation here through expedia and specifically chose this hotel for there big suite upon arrival we were told expedia cancelled our reservation and that they didnt have the suite avaliable for that night so we went to another hotel for just the one night and came back the next day after getting things situatied with expedia and everything. The room was quite beautiful with a nice bed and living area and the balcony was facing the ocean and lagoon. We loved everything about the room, the fridge in the room came in handy, and the bathroom and tub were wonderful !! We ate at the resturant often and room service food was good as well, all of the staff was so nice. Only problem was at the time they were doing construction near the hotel so it was a little annoying trying to be at the pool with that but the beach was wonderful with the cabana's. We used the hotel's tour and both of the tour's that we did were wonderful we really enjoyed them! Overall was pleased with everything, nothing over the top but by other peoples reviews it seems it could have been much worse.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Sandos is a beautiful boutique hotel. The service you receive from everyone at this resort is excellent. Our first night we dined in the Season's restaurant, we were given Lobster that was out of this world. Lobster wasn't even on their menu. We were treated like royalty. Breakfast at Zango's was always wonderful, so much to choose from. Be sure to make a reservation for Gaijin. The chef's entertain you while preparing your dinner. You must go to the spa. I had a massage that was better than any other I had ever experienced. The beach is private, the infinity pool is beautiful. You will never want to leave the resort! I cannot say enough about the staff, they are wonderful, helpful and truly go out of their way to make sure you have a luxury experience.

Room Tip: all rooms have a private balcony. we had a beautiful ocean room view. Their is construction going in...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Debbie R
Web Relations C, Manager at Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Guest,
We are glad that you were amazed on your first night with our lobster dinner, were very proud of the choices we give our guests, for example the different night themes at Zango or you can enjoy the beautiful Caribean sun with a refreshing drink at St. Trop which is located near our infinity pools and facing the beautiful caribbean sea.
We also go that extra mile to please our guest by offering you options that arent on the menu, our Chef is more than happy to cook up something special for you in case your allergic to a ceirtain kind of food.
Anyway you look at it we are here to please and comfort you!
Dont hesitate to come see us again soon you never know what well have in store for you so dont wait too long to find out!

Best Regards