This was truly a home away from home. If you are expecting the Westins and Ritz Carltons of the world this is not but the service meets or exceeds any of those chains. From the initial check in to the final goodbyes the staff goes all out to make sure you have a relaxing week. The resort itself is smaller than most....the rooms were quite big two bedrooms a large kitchen nice living area with an added Murphy bed if needed. We had a fourth floor unit that looked out over the bay and pool # 2 area. One could see the ships coming in and out of port each am/pm.
The staff was wonderful, the activities were fun. The resort had a free sailing cruise w/drink on the bay the second day we were there...no strings attached no time share pitches. Just relaxing fun!!! It was a good way to meet many of the activities staff. Believe me when I tell you they knew your names all week. Always a smile and a hello.
The layout was also nice....many hand manicured gardens, two pools one with swim up bar (tended to stay away from) the other pool#2 had bar in the area.Great bar,awesome happy hour ask for Lorenzo who makes an awesome Margarita and Bushwacker!!! It was nice after a day of excursion and activities to swim and hang out in this area.
The resort also has a free shuttle to the other 4 Royal Resorts in Cancun to use the beaches/amenities. Because our resort had an average beach we took the shuttle to the Royal Sands which had an awesome beach with deep waters,crashing blue waves truly alot of fun. Since we were staying at a Royal Resort we had charge privileges there as well, good for lunch,drinks the Royal Coffee Shop for some Mocha Smoothies.
The Royal Cancun Resort has a restaurant....La Palapa which we ate at twice. It was ok at best.(We tended to eat out at dinner in town, breakfast in our room) There is also a take out CIC Express which was good..they will also deliver to your room. The Royal market is there to do all of your grocery shopping and yes their prices are competitive with shops in town.
People make memories and the staff certainly created them for us. If you go here make sure you you meet Pamela (AquaAerobics/Stretching Class), Lorenzo (Pool Bar #2), Virginia and Jose (Front desk), Luis (Royal Market), Fayo and Tarik (Concierges), Angel (Excursions). These people and countless others made our week relaxing, enjoyable and fun. Yes we would definitley recommend and stay at The Royal Cancun again!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Cancun(R) All-Suites Resort has breathtaking views, friendly staff and a beautiful beach surrounded by palm trees make this a perfect place for a getaway with the family. The Royal Cancun(R) is located on a privileged beach surrounded by beauty, turquoise colors and a relaxing atmosphere. Mellow down with the sound of palm trees moving with the ocean breeze and have a taste of the Old Mexico and our revered family traditions. Enjoy our fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- International Hotel Cancun
- Club International Cancun
- International Resort Cancun
- International Club Cancun