My husband and I and our 11-year-old son traded with Interval and received an ocean front first floor room (1014B). Here is the good and the not so good:
Beautiful grounds and pool areas. Beach is fabulous in my opinion, lots of it and very clear, calm water. Large villas are well stocked with all the ammenities one would need. This resort doesn't play towel nazi and doesn't hound you to death about buying a timeshare. Service is top notch in all areas, especially the bar service at the pool and beach (you will love Jesus, Manuel and Ariceli). Food is better than normal (escecially the Sands). Security maintains tight control of the place and the beach areas also (as to not be hassled by vendors). Housekeeping is excellent (special thanks to Candelario!!). The Sport Center was great and you could get all your snorkel gear here for free!! Location is further south in the island and much quieter than the hotel zone. If you want to in the middle of the partying action, this place may be a little out of the way and not for you. Drink and food prices were very reasonable compared to the sister resorts and others I've stayed at (happy hour is great also).
Villas are dated and need to be renovated. However, they are renovating 40 villas per year with excellent upgrades such as flat screen TV's and wireless internet, mohaganny furniture, etc. In a few years, this place could be a gem! The linens and towels are of very poor quality in the villas. Both were cheap and scratchy. Beds are hard but most are in Mexico. The pool towels were of better quality that the bath towels. Security doesn't enforce the rules fairly and certainly doesn't read the posted pool rules. Some guests got away with taking loud music to the pool for all the children to hear the bad language. Even after complaining two times, they still didn't ask the obnoxious American teenagers to turn in off or down (please take your teenagers to the Royal Sands next time, they will enjoy it much better!!). Security at the pool seemed more like babysitters of misbeaving children than security enforcement.
All in all it was a very nice stay and we would certainly trade again (you may want to bring your own sheets if you're spoiled like me). I recommend this resort to those who do not like to be herded around like cattle (such as the Royal Sands), enjoy a high level of service, and desire an intimate family-friendly environment.
Note: Majority of the owners ot this "Private Club" appeared to be very wealthy Mexican nationals. They bring lots of children with them and sometimes let them just run wild. However, it wasn't that bad because there resort is laid out well and not everyone is forced to congregate in small areas. We never felt overcrowded.
Ocean in not suitable for boarding but great for floating and snorkeling. Hope to trade again in 2011.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Cancun(R) All-Suites Resort has breathtaking views, friendly staff and a beautiful beach surrounded by palm trees make this a perfect place for a getaway with the family. The Royal Cancun(R) is located on a privileged beach surrounded by beauty, turquoise colors and a relaxing atmosphere. Mellow down with the sound of palm trees moving with the ocean breeze and have a taste of the Old Mexico and our revered family traditions. Enjoy our fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- International Hotel Cancun
- Club International Cancun
- International Resort Cancun
- International Club Cancun