We just returned from six days here with our three kids. We absolutely loved it! The resort is a timeshare facility and has a warm and friendly feel to it. The staff there are incredible. They learn your names and seem to go out of their way to make you feel special. Upon arrival, we were given a room that was not looking out towards the pool or the ocean.Jose saw that I was a little dissapointed and offered us a better room right away. We loved the daily activities that were offered and participated in yoga, water aerobics, bingo, fishing, tennis, childrens activities, but the best was beach volleyball. The crowd was mostely young families and retired owners. There was always a choice of chairs by the pool or the beach as many people would leave the resort for the day to visit the other massive Royal resorts like the Royal Sands or the Hacienda. We did visit the sand for a day and while the view and colors took our breath away, the crowded hotel and the almost "fake" look of everything really turned us off. We chose to stay at the Royal Cancun.
The restaurant was a little pricey for what you got and the food was decent. The servers again were wonderful especially the little bar by the kids pool. Make sure to be there at noon for Lotteria! you can win a free drink! We ended up buying things at the market mostely because I found the Walmart overwhelming. Very different from the ones here in Canada.
The rooms were extra clean and our maid was fantastic. Everyday our shoes were lined up and she even emptied the dishwasher for us. Be prepared to tip all of these people as they deserve every penny. They work very hard and seem very invested in the place!
The beach is very shallow and calm. The bonus is that you can snorkel here, although there were not too many fish. We did see some star fish and under the dock is a great place to find little minnows. THe resort has snorkel gear for your use as well as little sailboats that you can use for free.
If there is one thing that I will critique about this hotel, it is that it is close to the channel to the lagoon. There are many boats that cross in front and helicopters from the near by tour place. That noise can be annoying. Also the Pirate ships take off from right next door and come home late at night, The first night it woke me up it was soooooo loud. I got use to it after the first few days.
All in all this is a very charming place to be. The gardens, the people and the less crowded beach makes it very enjoyable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Cancun(R) All-Suites Resort has breathtaking views, friendly staff and a beautiful beach surrounded by palm trees make this a perfect place for a getaway with the family. The Royal Cancun(R) is located on a privileged beach surrounded by beauty, turquoise colors and a relaxing atmosphere. Mellow down with the sound of palm trees moving with the ocean breeze and have a taste of the Old Mexico and our revered family traditions. Enjoy our fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- International Hotel Cancun
- Club International Cancun
- International Resort Cancun
- International Club Cancun