2,774 results
All reviewspalapa restauranttime sharesports deskfull kitchenfree shuttlemurphy bedthomas moorehacienda sisalcaptain's covela trattoriacalm watersall inclusive packagemaster bedroomroom cardpersonal conciergetennis courtsbig waves
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The beach at this resort would be perfect for families, if not for the jet-skis operating in the swimming area ‎(of all places). The resort is on a nice, calm, shallow, protected sea which should be perfect for children to ‎play in. However, inexplicably, the resort has numerous guests that use the swimming area as a jet-ski track and ‎parking lot (when skis are not in use). It’s noisy, ugly and dangerous. Complaints to security, lifeguards an ‎management have fallen on deaf ears. If you want relaxation on a beach, choose a different resort. ‎

4  Thank Dubers T
Cristóbal G, Online Community Administrator. at The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank for taking time to post about our resort.

As you may expect, we are deeply interested in our guests satisfaction and safety is of course in our schedule. Resort's management has been informed about your comments and is currently reaching you directly to learn from this situation in order to ensure this won't be experienced again by any of our visitors.

We hope to be able to welcome you again during your next visit to Mexican Caribbean.

Warm Regards

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The Royal Cancun is a really good place to stay, especially for families. They have two pools, an excellent beach frontage and are close to the ferry to Isla Mujeres. The only drawback is that they are a bit further away from the all the restaurants, in a quieter region of the Zona Hotelera, which can also be a good thing. The restaurant is expensive, but has really good food. The pool is also really good. There is a supermarket where you can buy groceries. For friends travelling, this is not the best place to stay, however, since they seem to prefer families and older couples. The staff seem to look at younger people travelling as though all young people are on a "spring-break". However, the rooms were excellent, very spacious and clean, and this is a great place to stay while in Cancun.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed at the Royal Cancun all suites from 4/9-4/15. There were 5 of us. It was the best vacation we ever had. We arrived early in the morning and although check in time was not until 4pm they accommodated us at 11am. They even put us in a room that we did not have to change on a Saturday. The food was very good. Like other reviewers said though the chicken was pink, but just ask them to cook it well done and it was very good. Happy hour was great from 3-5pm drinks were $4.00-$5.00. The grocery store/convenience store prices varied. If you buy the Mexican brand the prices were more reasonable. The kitchens were stocked with everything you would need, including coffee filters. Jet skiing was $50/per 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. The local bus was right outside. The water was beautiful, I prefer no waves however we did go to the sister hotel the Royal Sands and enjoyed that as well. The rooms were well kept and the beds were very comfortable. There was nothing bad I can say about this resort. I would love to go back next year.

2  Thank Debbie M
Management response:Responded April 25, 2014

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My grandparents stayed here for 3 nights waiting for my parents and I to arrive and they really enjoyed it- mainly just enjoyed the fact that they were in Cancun relaxing at the beach. It was perfect for the one night we stayed with them before heading to Isla Mujeres. The two bedrooms with kitchenette conveniently fit all 5 of us, but of course the "master bedroom" where I stayed was ocean view.

The property is very large- it was a maze to get around and find our room. I prefer a smaller, quaint hotel but it was fun because you never knew what we'd see along the way- turtles, the pool, the playground, the beach, it was all beautiful and fun. Despite the size it wasn't crowded either. I was the only kid in the pool most of the time, but a few kids joined for a bit.

The dining room was very nice, right on the ocean with a nice breeze. They had great high chairs (rare on this vacation!) where the tray actually adjusted and fit close to my body so I could have my plate on the tray close to me. I enjoyed eating my dinner and breakfast (both times I ate off the buffet) looking out to the ocean and listening to the live music. My parents thought the meals were overpriced, but for one night/morning after traveling all day it was perfect to just walk down the sidewalk and have some food. And since I sat so well in the high chair they were able to enjoy their meals without rushing which is always a plus, trust me.

After some swimming in the amazing pool (there are actually two, but one has a perfect shallow end for me) and breakfast we walked to the ferry terminal to head to Isla Mujeres. We could have taken a taxi but it was very close and we enjoyed the nice walk. It was the perfect place to stay for a night to break up the travel day.

Review written in the perspective of 14 month old- Stella.

1  Thank Stella Z

Dear Guest,

Thank for taking time to post about our resort.

We always strive to provide the highest satisfaction levels to our guests and we will improve those areas in which there are opportunities to ensure on your next visit we get a 5 out of 5 stars review.

We hope to see you again soon during your next visit to Mexican Caribbean.

Warm Regards

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon in October of 2010. This review is very late to be posted ;)! We absolutely loved this hotel. Every restaurant was amazing and we always had something to eat! The service is impeccable and the staff is so fun to be around! They definitely add to your vacation experience and work hard to make your stay comfortable! The pool is breathtaking and it looks right over the beach. There are some guys trying to sell stuff on the beach, that would be the only downfall. Our room was more than we could hope for. The steam shower was so inviting. There is a little butlers cabinet-when you order room service, they will place your order in your cabinet and turn on the light to notify you. You never have to see anyone or leave your room-perfect honeymoon! They even delivered 6 packs of beer to our room. The mini bar is fully stacked! I have recently heard that this hotel was bought by a chain company and the originality is no longer there. This makes me so sad, because this resort was so amazing!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cristóbal G, Online Community Administrator. at The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014